Resolved Dismount effect doesn't work

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Great findings! Thanks for digging up. I'm not a programmer, so can you tell me if this means that dismount effect is bugged in every scenario including Knock Off and Hammer Bolts perks? I will update the OP accordingly to that.
Yup, damage check comes first. Perks chance are checked in "CalculateDismountChanceBonus" that you can see further down. It's a little confusing but the damage requirement that you can see in the perks description actually have nothing to do with the perks, it's referring to that hardcoded damage check we're talking about.
Hard Knock perk from polearm tree is working fine for me.
Yeah, it only uses blow.BaseMagnitude in very specific cases, like horse charges for example... Can you even knockdown units by charging into them since 1.5.6? Looks like it always results in a knockback because of that. (edit: they do indeed always result in a knockback, but for a slightly different reason, topic here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...sult-in-a-knockback-never-a-knockdown.437337/).

Last edited:
Yup, damage check comes first. Perks chance are checked in "CalculateDismountChanceBonus" that you can see further down. It's a little confusing but the damage requirement that you can see in the perks description actually have nothing to do with the perks, it's referring to that hardcoded damage check we're talking about.
Thanks for clearing that up. I can connect the dots in my mind now.
Yeah, it only uses blow.BaseMagnitude in very specific cases, like horse charges for example... Can you even knockdown units by charging into them since 1.5.6? Looks like it always results in a knockback because of that.
I have just tried and I can't. How come anyone didn't notice that yet. :grin: Can you create a new bug report for that?

It was for testing a fix on a save file if you have already one. I have been informed that a fix will be implemented regarding this issue with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom