[Discussion] - Introduce yourself

Users who are viewing this thread

Nova Aetas has a great community with many loyal players. Though I never know you guys personally, I mean, your background. Where you guys come from etc. So it's time to learn each other better  :smile:.

Let's introduce myself first:

My real name is Steven (though it's pronounced differently than English, the first e is pronounced as 'ae'. I'm 21 years old and I live in the countryside in a village called Aalst between the great rivers -- yes, water everywhere -- in the middle of the Netherlands. The land here's so flat that if you stand on the top of a church tower, you will see the Dom of Utrecht (other church tower), 50km / 31 miles further!

My village is at the green cross:
2fRaIWY.png

I'm studying business economics at a higher professional education school - I know I should have studied history instead  :lol:. The study should result in a bachelor title so you can compare with your own education system. We don't call every type of school a university here, only academic types resulting in master title. What can I tell more? My family tree goes back to the 15th century in Zeeland, really nice to see that. My hobbies? Well I play piano often and I love reading, playing games like Verdun, Warband, TF2, Rome & Medieval II Total War, EUIV, CKII and Anno 1404 of course. I have a great passion for history as well. Especially reading about the Roman Era, Renaissance, First World War and the Franco-Prussian War makes me to dig deeper and deeper. The Franco-Prussian War is my all-time favorite. If you like reading, I recommend to read about the life of Bismarck.  :smile:

Perhaps I can tell a bit more about my country. The Netherlands were originally part of the Holy Roman Empire in the middle ages, then of Burgundy and finally Spain. The kingdom of Spain though caused major disconent among the population by levying heavy taxes and converting the population to Catholicism in a harsh way. So we rebelled against Phillips II in the so-called 80-years of war, resulting in the glorious Dutch Republic of the 17th and 18th century :grin:. I'm so curious to what the large Spanish community of Nova Aetas thinks of this era. It's a history mod after all so I'll include some sweet pics:

Peace of Muenster ending the war of independence:

HEW27ZWoixmO6KAbnZeeQ2omYcaLHvrqm5AkeFJXvpHAZtibU3-JMiWT8T_ktC8hTwzkBoktg_Kqil4F9-b5531kJA=s800

William the Silent; father of the nation:
800px-William_I%2C_Prince_of_Orange_by_Adriaen_Thomasz._Key_Rijksmuseum_Amsterdam_SK-A-3148.jpg

Bloody Duke of Alva: (he's still celebrated as a hero in Spain today, but hated in the Low Countries)
alba.jpg

As you know this timeframe is characterised by star forts and bastions everywhere. Every major city in Holland has its own unique fortifications which are still visible today. Take the city of Heusden (not my village, but very nearby) for example. It's such a beautiful view with Google Maps: https://www.google.nl/maps/@51.7339926,5.1403365,14.5z?hl=nl. Scroll out and try if you can find more cities with such bastions  :smile:.

Some other pics of the surroundings:

cropped-zaltbommel_21.jpg

DownloadFile.aspx

Naarden.jpg

zaltbommel.jpg

In 1995, when I was just 1 year old, it rained days after days resulting in a new water level as the statue below marks. Thank God that the levees/dikes/floodbanks (whatever it is called in English) didn't break. 250,000 inhabitants were evacuated included me.

364378.jpg

images

zaltbommelDSC04453.jpg

I've chosen the name Quintillius about 10 years ago when I started to play Tribal Wars. I needed a nickname so I browsed through the list of Roman emperors. I found Quintilius and added a extra 'l' to make it sound better in Dutch. I believe he wasn't even a great emperor and killed soon enough  :shifty:. Anyway I still have the name. Though for multiplayer shooters and TF2 I rather like FireShadow as name. I'm also active as contributor to Roma Surrectum III (mod for Rome Total War, and yes v3.0 is out!). I textured some new sweet UI elements and made a decent contrast between selected/unselected unit cards on the battlefield. A long time ago I also created a submod for Stainless Steel. But my greatest project of all is Nova Aetas of course. I think I started more than 6 years ago with modding.

I came here as a newbie and followed some tutorials. Coding was a bit too... complex for me. I proposed to model and texture some house props for Berthout and his fantastic mod Europe 1805 - War of the Third Coalition. This mod is for the original M&B game. I began to learn more and more and soon I would become team member. After the release though, Berthout the mod developer has left for good and I decided to develop the mod further resulting in E1805 - vII.
But the original game has become very old and Warband attracts many people. I've decided to create a new mod: Nova Aetas. And after the release of Bannerlord I'll do another mod. Possibly situated in the Roman Era this time.

It's time for you guys to tell us where you come from. Who you are, what you do and moar. Post some pics of the near surroundings and tell us a bit about the history.  :smile:

Well, i'm from Brazil...not too much to say about the country right now, we're on the middle of a political mess but i believe nations need such "moments of truth" to learn and become greater and if we learn something it will be worth in the future. Nick is @-@¬ on steam and i like to play stuff like Total War and classic RPG series like Fallout and Elder Scrolls(not the ONLINE!!). I look foward to play Nova Aetas 4.0 and your future projects on Bannerlord  :party:

Name's Egor. [Yegor]
From Sakha Republic, as yet it Russian Federation disrict.
I'm sakhalar - half-russian (with mix of Poland and Hebrew blood) and half-sakha.
One day the Lord will guide me to my promised land, to 'Murica! You-essay  :mrgreen:
  Oh, I've got Graduated yesterday.  :party:

Quintillius, I admire your talent. Nova Aetas is greatest mod for Warband. And, I hope that in the end of summer the enemies of God and Nation will be destroyed by one's superior armament (awesome artillery video on moddb.com), grenades, landmines and bombs! Ka-boom! Aha!

I am from Germany :smile:. Love the german names in nova aetas like drachenburg and the halbbruders :grin:.

My name is Jan which can be translated as John im from Poland. i live in beutiful city of Cracow. I created account on this forum solely to tell you that you do remarkable job eith nova aetas quin! keep it up as its the only station worth stopping by on hype train to Bannerlord  :grin:

stawoszczak said:
My name is Jan which can be translated as John im from Poland. i live in beutiful city of Cracow. I created account on this forum solely to tell you that you do remarkable job eith nova aetas quin! keep it up as its the only station worth stopping by on hype train to Bannerlord  :grin:

Oy, matey? Who knows, maybe Nova Aetas even better than upcoming Bannerlord, eh?

My name is Ben, and I live in good ol' North Carolina.  No, I don't have an accent. I enjoy doing things like, obsessing over star wars, obsessing over Bannerlord, and tinkering around with things in the game files (to the point where I made an automatic wheellock pistol this past Wednesday. It was awesome.)  and that is about all there is to say about myself.

I love this international community. Any Britons here by the way? You're all welcome. Stay tuned for Nova Aetas upcoming version 4.0.

I've just completed the carpenter's workplace including the crafting feature. I'll now do a revised quarry and woodcutter's forest. You should be able to cut stone and ore. Smelting ore in a oven will have a minigame. Do you remember lockpicking in Assassin's Creed?

A tailor/priest's church is the next step.

Quintillius said:
I love this international community. Any Britons here by the way? You're all welcome. Stay tuned for Nova Aetas upcoming version 4.0.

I've just completed the carpenter's workplace including the crafting feature. I'll now do a revised quarry and woodcutter's forest. You should be able to cut stone and ore. Smelting ore in a oven will have a minigame. Do you remember lockpicking in Assassin's Creed?

A tailor/priest's church is the next step.

Neat!

Edit: I was born in Cambridge, however I am an american citizen.

I am Adam. I live ,unfortunately, in Utah in the US. I am 28 I currently work 2 jobs one a marketing director for a sushi delivery company, and the head of a very, very small indy game company. I spend most of my time either working, playing games, obsessing over my 3 kids who play games with me or upcoming games that my family and I are freaking out about (looking at you bannerlord). I have all the M&B games and extensions out atm. I have been playing games since I was 4 years old. Not much else other than that I am pretty private and boring.

Back
Top Bottom