SP Native Diplomacy 4.litdum (v1.7 has been released - 28.02.2023)

Users who are viewing this thread

If anyone wants my own personal brainy bot settings please let me know. I have a medium difficulty which is what i main with and then a hard mode difficulty.

Well, the more I play this mod, the more I love it. also, you have made me despise the Sarranids. Those horsemen with maces are such a pain in the ass to kill and its no use blocking. still get hit. still fun though.

Waka The Fox said:
Just wondering, with this mod, what is everyones favorite faction to play with? I use to like Swadia, but now I support the Rhodoks, and if I need Cavalry, I just use the mercs. also, anyone want to show their charcter/army? Heres mine

gSsQbVF.jpg
The man in padded cloth on the right side, is he a common rhodok crosbowman or one of companions? I couldnt know his face :smile:

nonam3 said:
LINK

https://mega.nz/#!mM0yVbjQ!YO2YSTid1PWRVwJztenooIzEN6DbWRVky3I8kJ1mw0Q

Here is my own personal submod

Inspiration:
Chancellors Calradia v.2 on steam workshop
+
My own mind and heart from personal play experience on how I enjoy the game the most. Staying in early game should be a choice not a requirement in my opinion. I don't find it too fun if I feel forced to be in it or stay in it. Players should have the choices of when they want to leave early game and enter into mid game.

Changes:
Renown
XP and Gold gain from battles
Lord Escape Chance
Gold from Enterprises
Tournaments Bet Gold XP Renown
Native female voices
Native Attack anims

Additions:
New Faces Male and Female
Brainy Bots
I ve checked a bit your submod, its pretty good. You have increased things such as renown, gold, xp.. and also tournaments have become more paying. And new faces are really better(I was also going to change them but I can make my real life face very similar using native faces and i like it :smile: . But that ones are really good and i am also thinking of changing the faces now. About woman voices, yes many player thought that they would be better for the ones i made so i will also change them.
But i couldnt noticed the Brainy Bots. Could you explain it in more detail?
nonam3 said:
What I want to add but don't know how plus mod request if possible to add hopefully maybe:
Native Expansions Dark Knight Invasions
Permanent Outpost
All 80 Companions from Malik Faris's Companions and Native Enhancement mod
Report Viewer from Floris Mod
Troop Tree
Adding that kind of features require the module system and i am sure you will understand :smile:, i ve just released this mod so i am not thinking of releasing  the module system yet but later.
nonam3 said:
Random Thoughts:
Really looking forward to what you will do with the Mayors in the castles. Wondering if you will go more the 1257 ad manor route? Maybe possible to talk to them to recruit high tier troops? Maybe talk to them to increase relationship to a lord? Not really sure but pretty excited.
I will consider those, especially talking to mayors to increase relationship with lord souds good.
Note:I wonder if you have published this sub-mod anywhere else. Because if you have, I would prefer you to ask me first.

READHED said:
Can't post images yes but this doesn't look right: imgur/GwSTyhP.png

Also the amount of villager NPCs should be reduced in my opinion.
You can post images like this:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GwSTyhP.png[/IMG]
GwSTyhP.png
I couldnt understand what that doesnt look right is if you talk about that picture.
A few casttle courtyards are still a bit small so they may seem crowded for now but they will be made larger in later versions.

litdum said:
I couldnt understand what that doesnt look right is if you talk about that picture.

What I meant by not looking right is that the texture looks (for lack of a better word) bad.
I have no experience in modding so beggars can't be choosers but, I actually prefer the "normal" women NPCs to this "Wandering Woman."

litdum said:
A few casttle courtyards are still a bit small so they may seem crowded for now but they will be made larger in later versions.

I found that it felt too crowded in the actual villages as well.

If there is an easy way to change the "Wandering Woman's" texture and/or the amount of villager NPCs in villages/towns please tell me.

If you know somethings about creating/editing textures, wandering women's clothe's texture is kiyaf.dds you can find it in textures folder.

About walker number, open scrpits.txt and find here:
init_town_walkers -1
10 4 0 31 2 144115188075856244 0 6 3 1224979098644774912 0 8 2120 3 1224979098644774913 160 1224979098644774912 521 3 1224979098644774914 144115188075856213 1224979098644774913 32 2 1224979098644774914 0 2120 3 1224979098644774915 32 1224979098644774912 1264 3 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774914 6 3 0 3 0
and replace it with this one:
init_town_walkers -1
10 4 0 31 2 144115188075856244 0 6 3 1224979098644774912 0 8 2120 3 1224979098644774913 160 1224979098644774912 521 3 1224979098644774914 144115188075856213 1224979098644774913 32 2 1224979098644774914 0 2120 3 1224979098644774915 32 1224979098644774912 1264 3 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774914 3 3 0 3 0
So the walkers number will decrease half.

Quote from: nonam3 on Today at 02:08:27 AM
LINK

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inspiration:

Changes:

Additions:
I ve checked a bit your submod, its pretty good. You have increased things such as renown, gold, xp.. and also tournaments have become more paying. And new faces are really better(I was also going to change them but I can make my real life face very similar using native faces and i like it :smile: . But that ones are really good and i am also thinking of changing the faces now. About woman voices, yes many player thought that they would be better for the ones i made so i will also change them.
What I want to add but don't know how plus mod request if possible to add hopefully maybe:

Adding that kind of features require the module system and i am sure you will understand :smile:, i ve just released this mod so i am not thinking of releasing  the module system yet but later.
Random Thoughts:
Really looking forward to what you will do with the Mayors in the castles. Wondering if you will go more the 1257 ad manor route? Maybe possible to talk to them to recruit high tier troops? Maybe talk to them to increase relationship to a lord? Not really sure but pretty excited.
I will consider those, especially talking to mayors to increase relationship with lord souds good.
Note:I wonder if you have published this sub-mod anywhere else. Because if you have, I would prefer you to ask me first.

First thanks so much for replying!

The renown gold xp honor changes were to speed up the early game thereby giving players a choice to say to themselves. "I like early game I will continue or time to get into politics be a vassal king etc.,". I like being able to give players the choice.

I'm glad you like the new faces. They are from here. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,348561.0.html. The original creator is gone but thankfully backups were made.

The female voice you included were good, just a little too high pitched and it hurt my ears. I did play with the female voices you included for several hours to test by having lots of female in my party and my ears were hurting me a little bit. If I knew how I would lower the pitch and slow down the voice by 6 or 7 percent. It was just easier for me to revert to native female voice.

Brainy bots is really interesting. When in a scene hit f5 for the configuration menu. It basically makes the bots very lethal and makes them fight like a real human. Giving them the ability to shield bash and kick. Here is the link with very detailed info on how everything works with video http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6033/?

I understand completely about not releasing the modules. Just really excited about the direction of this mod!

About the mayors in the castles I always found it odd that there were mayors in villages and towns and by speaking with them you can affect them but not for castles. Its really great to add one to castles and have some influence over the castle.

Another idea I had was castle sabotage. Bribing the mayor to release a prisoner. Bribing the mayor to poison food and the garrison gets lower by a certain percentage.

I did not release this submod anywhere else besides this topic. I definitely understand to ask for permission to do so. It would be a different story if this were a dead mod and the mod author completely disappeared no where to be found but this mod is very much alive!

The crossbowman is bunduk, or however you spell his name, gave him that equipment because I really don't trust him, so I thought not to waste coin in better gear for him yet. also, does anyone else get a bug where, when some arrows or javalins, when they hit shields, have the texture wraped around the model wrong? I have had this in other modules, so yeah. trying to figure out whats going on, tried the whole verify and what not.

Waka The Fox said:
The crossbowman is bunduk, or however you spell his name, gave him that equipment because I really don't trust him, so I thought not to waste coin in better gear for him yet. also, does anyone else get a bug where, when some arrows or javalins, when they hit shields, have the texture wraped around the model wrong? I have had this in other modules, so yeah. trying to figure out whats going on, tried the whole verify and what not.

i didnt notice that bug but i never payed too much attention. when i play later today i will see

nonam3 said:
Waka The Fox said:

i didnt notice that bug but i never payed too much attention. when i play later today i will see

also had the bug in the 1257AD mod

nonam3 said:
LINK

Inspiration:

Changes:

Additions:

Random Thoughts:

The renown gold xp honor changes were to speed up the early game thereby giving players a choice to say to themselves. "I like early game I will continue or time to get into politics be a vassal king etc.,". I like being able to give players the choice.

I'm glad you like the new faces. They are from here. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,348561.0.html. The original creator is gone but thankfully backups were made.

The female voice you included were good, just a little too high pitched and it hurt my ears. I did play with the female voices you included for several hours to test by having lots of female in my party and my ears were hurting me a little bit. If I knew how I would lower the pitch and slow down the voice by 6 or 7 percent. It was just easier for me to revert to native female voice.

Brainy bots is really interesting. When in a scene hit f5 for the configuration menu. It basically makes the bots very lethal and makes them fight like a real human. Giving them the ability to shield bash and kick. Here is the link with very detailed info on how everything works with video http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6033/?

I understand completely about not releasing the modules. Just really excited about the direction of this mod!

About the mayors in the castles I always found it odd that there were mayors in villages and towns and by speaking with them you can affect them but not for castles. Its really great to add one to castles and have some influence over the castle.

Another idea I had was castle sabotage. Bribing the mayor to release a prisoner. Bribing the mayor to poison food and the garrison gets lower by a certain percentage.

I did not release this submod anywhere else besides this topic. I definitely understand to ask for permission to do so. It would be a different story if this were a dead mod and the mod author completely disappeared no where to be found but this mod is very much alive!
I should say that i really appreciate you play my mod as much as you can do that sub-mod. Your mod is also ideas to improve and fixing the mod for me. Castle sabotage idea also sounds good. Acually i was thinking of changing castles tax system and adding changable relations with the people in castle(just like villages and towns) and also some jobs to earn some money but i hadnt time for all of them so now i am planning much more thing about castles. Thanks again.

Waka The Fox said:
For long time, i ve been modding the game instead of playing so i forgot even Bunduk's face :smile:.
About the shield textures wrapping, which version do you run? and If you dont mind Could you post a screenshot if you can capture once it happens again?

litdum said:
nonam3 said:
LINK

Inspiration:

Changes:

Additions:

Random Thoughts:

I should say that i really appreciate you play my mod as much as you can do that sub-mod. Your mod is also ideas to improve and fixing the mod for me. Castle sabotage idea also sounds good. Acually i was thinking of changing castles tax system and adding changable relations with the people in castle(just like villages and towns) and also some jobs to earn some money but i hadnt time for all of them so now i am planning much more thing about castles. Thanks again.

Waka The Fox said:
For long time, i ve been modding the game instead of playing so i forgot even Bunduk's face :smile:.
About the shield textures wrapping, which version do you run? and If you dont mind Could you post a screenshot if you can capture once it happens again?

I use 1.168 for warband. and the version of your mod thats currently out. as for the texture bug I have the same thing happen in 1257ad, with jareds and bodkin arrows you can look at my post here for the example https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,256126.300.html

Thanks. I ve looked at the picture and i think it looks like a broken shield effect actually :smile: not a bug. I have no idea why it happens for now, but i will check about this.

Edit: Btw, in ad 1257, are that lances/spears with banner heraldic?

litdum said:
Thanks. I ve looked at the picture and i think it looks like a broken shield effect actually :smile: not a bug. I have no idea why it happens for now, but i will check about this.

Okay, Thank you, and yes they do have heraldic lances and spears. again awesome mod Litdum.

Waka The Fox said:
litdum said:

Okay, Thank you, and yes they do have heraldic lances and spears. again awesome mod Litdum.
Thank you very much. And about lances, I am also thinking of adding some heraldic lances, thats why ı asked it. Thanks again.

Cool, and you are adding that old custom banner thing right? I have not seen that in a mod for a long long time. awesome :grin: also, anyone else find it sooo satisfying when your crossbow men fire volleys and you just see your foes number dwindle? and the sounds just make it soo much better.

Well, this is a pretty well done mod.
I love how you made faction troops easy to tell apart, using both item styles and color patterns: it makes the battlefield much more immersive!
Also, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for not giving all the troops overpowered stats... looks like that's fashionable, in most mods.  :meh:

A few suggestions:
You may want to look into the non-faction troops to revamp them a bit. If you are interested, here are a few of the things I usually do:
- Make the Outlaw trees more reasonable: it's just stupid to see a Sea Raider "upgrade" to a Nord Recruit; same goes for the other Outlaws. If one wants to keep Outlaws upgrading into faction troops, they should upgrade to a troop that actually has a higher level then their present level!
- Look into the mercenary troop tree to make them actually useful: when compared to their higher upkeep and recruiting cost, their skills are hardly worth it, even when you are in a rush for troops.
- Manhunters and Sword Sisters: being so rare to recruit, they could use some restyling. Both tend to be useless until you upgrade them to the highter tier (especially Sword Sisters).

Waka The Fox said:
nonam3 said:
Waka The Fox said:

also had the bug in the 1257AD mod

From last I played I did not encounter this bug

I do not know if it is a bug, as I had played only one game, but in my day 180 there are not any more manhunter parties and almost none manhunter prisoner. There were like 8 (chiefs mostly) in my party.

This mod is very enjoyable, great job Litdum!

What features do you plan on adding in the future?

If you're looking for inspiration I'd suggest these mods:

Dickplomacy—http://www.moddb.com/mods/dickplomacy or http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6130/?
Features:
bandit lairs take 1 week to respawn, bandit parties won't spawn unless there is a bandit lair
refugee parties will spawn when a village is looted
more marriage options: polygamy toggle added; same sex marriage options added when prejudice setting set to 'off'
battle formations and upstab added
new horse archery AI added
you can choose which foods your army will consume
capturing and ransoming noble ladies actually works now
some quests from the original mount&blade re-added: duel for lady's honor and collect debt from lord
several native bugs are fixed (prisoners attacking you during rescue)
you can tell your companions to separate from your party and hold on to troops and follow you
you can have your wife lead a party if she is "adventurous"
you can design your own banner with the custom banner system
heraldic horse

Anon's Modded Diplomacy—http://www.mediafire.com/download/7ex3306kg24jjd9/Diplomacy+Modded.7z
Description:
The closest thing I could get to a Native+ mod. Replaces all the old original M&B models with new updated ones which all adhere to the native art style. Adds a secondary melee mode for two of the 2h swords, a handgonne, a flail, a katar, the tabar-shispar, upstab, 1h upstab, crouching, pike bracing, the rudimentary WFAS formations system, optional textures, a new troop in the manhunter/bandit line that uses the handgonne, better arena scenes, and all of the assets from my Way of the Sword mod are in the brf files but the vast majority aren't utilized in game. Which means if you want to add more you can easily do so.
Otherwise this does not affect native balance.
>Where is the handgonne?
Check the chest in Rivacheg.

Formations and AI by Motomataru—http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/3784/?
Demo video:

Various combat improvements—https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,353520.0.html
Overhead Stabbing (1handed & 2handed)
Crouching & Pike Bracing
Halfswording
Mordhau
Module.ini options

I think most if not all of the features featured in these mods fit well with yours.
If I had the time and commitment I'd be trying to compile these myself but sadly I do not.
So I hope you'll find at least some of these suggestions good enough to add to your own mod.

Thanks for reading.

Maan said:
Well, this is a pretty well done mod.
I love how you made faction troops easy to tell apart, using both item styles and color patterns: it makes the battlefield much more immersive!
Also, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for not giving all the troops overpowered stats... looks like that's fashionable, in most mods.  :meh:

A few suggestions:
You may want to look into the non-faction troops to revamp them a bit. If you are interested, here are a few of the things I usually do:
- Make the Outlaw trees more reasonable: it's just stupid to see a Sea Raider "upgrade" to a Nord Recruit; same goes for the other Outlaws. If one wants to keep Outlaws upgrading into faction troops, they should upgrade to a troop that actually has a higher level then their present level!
- Look into the mercenary troop tree to make them actually useful: when compared to their higher upkeep and recruiting cost, their skills are hardly worth it, even when you are in a rush for troops.
- Manhunters and Sword Sisters: being so rare to recruit, they could use some restyling. Both tend to be useless until you upgrade them to the highter tier (especially Sword Sisters).
Thank you for your good reviews and suggestions. I may redesign that outlaws and woman fighters and their troop trees but about mercenaries, their thing is to be expesive because they dont need to be upgraded generally, you can recruit them as hired blade or mercenary cavalry. Factions troops are cheap but they need to be upgraded so that things are advantages and disadvantages for faction troops and mercenary troops. But I will thing about those. Thanks again.

Seven of Spades said:
I do not know if it is a bug, as I had played only one game, but in my day 180 there are not any more manhunter parties and almost none manhunter prisoner. There were like 8 (chiefs mostly) in my party.
I will check it but i guess its just a rondom thing. You can check them on the map making all the map visible(Ctrl+t) as cheatmenu is enable if they are exist or not.

READHED said:
This mod is very enjoyable, great job Litdum!

What features do you plan on adding in the future?

If you're looking for inspiration I'd suggest these mods:

Dickplomacy—http://www.moddb.com/mods/dickplomacy or http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6130/?
Features:
bandit lairs take 1 week to respawn, bandit parties won't spawn unless there is a bandit lair
refugee parties will spawn when a village is looted
more marriage options: polygamy toggle added; same sex marriage options added when prejudice setting set to 'off'
battle formations and upstab added
new horse archery AI added
you can choose which foods your army will consume
capturing and ransoming noble ladies actually works now
some quests from the original mount&blade re-added: duel for lady's honor and collect debt from lord
several native bugs are fixed (prisoners attacking you during rescue)
you can tell your companions to separate from your party and hold on to troops and follow you
you can have your wife lead a party if she is "adventurous"
you can design your own banner with the custom banner system
heraldic horse

Anon's Modded Diplomacy—http://www.mediafire.com/download/7ex3306kg24jjd9/Diplomacy+Modded.7z
Description:
The closest thing I could get to a Native+ mod. Replaces all the old original M&B models with new updated ones which all adhere to the native art style. Adds a secondary melee mode for two of the 2h swords, a handgonne, a flail, a katar, the tabar-shispar, upstab, 1h upstab, crouching, pike bracing, the rudimentary WFAS formations system, optional textures, a new troop in the manhunter/bandit line that uses the handgonne, better arena scenes, and all of the assets from my Way of the Sword mod are in the brf files but the vast majority aren't utilized in game. Which means if you want to add more you can easily do so.
Otherwise this does not affect native balance.
>Where is the handgonne?
Check the chest in Rivacheg.

Formations and AI by Motomataru—http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/3784/?
Demo video:

Various combat improvements—https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,353520.0.html
Overhead Stabbing (1handed & 2handed)
Crouching & Pike Bracing
Halfswording
Mordhau
Module.ini options

I think most if not all of the features featured in these mods fit well with yours.
If I had the time and commitment I'd be trying to compile these myself but sadly I do not.
So I hope you'll find at least some of these suggestions good enough to add to your own mod.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks. I have checked those a bit. Some of them already exist in this mod as well such as Formation AI, crouching, spear bracing.
And I saw in Dickplomacy(I thought my mod's name is strange :smile:), custom banner feature, which i am thinking of adding to my mod, and i was excited because i have an issue about that banner doesnt seem on the "Factions" menu in "Notes" when we have our own kingdom. But i noticed that Dickplomacy mod also have the same issue. I know its a little problem if we think that we can create our own banner to seem everywhere else. but i have a little obsession about such things so If anyone know or remember a mod which solved that problem(If you could see the banner you created on "Factions" menu in "Notes" as your kingdom's banner after you found your own kingdom), please let me know so i can view or perhaps ask the creators how they could solve it. Because all the mods i found and including that feature have got the same problem.
Edit:btw i decided about walker number, to create an option in mod preferences menu to be able to set population density.

Back
Top Bottom