SP Native Diplomacy 4.litdum (v1.7 has been released - 28.02.2023)

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been playing this mod for a while now.
Just WOW! Quality, diversity, balance, immersion and optimization.

I am amazed, hence I decided to endorse it by adding the banner in the signature (never did that before).

I appreciate the banner creation tool but in my belief this should be optional. Because colors cant be desaturated and it has limited design options.

I wouldn't add to much in the mod, not to risk losing the best qualities of the mod.

My only two suggestions would be to:
a) implement Warband Entrenched by Tempered with tireness affecting the unit map speed (like in Scaedumar mod). So when unit is travelling long is becoming slower and slower, basically forcing it to rest on map. In order to retain quality of this mod tent textures will need a touch or two.
b) more books and books readable by companions (by Rubik I think)

Cigic said:
I've been playing this mod for a while now.
Just WOW! Quality, diversity, balance, immersion and optimization.

I am amazed, hence I decided to endorse it by adding the banner in the signature (never did that before).

I appreciate the banner creation tool but in my belief this should be optional. Because colors cant be desaturated and it has limited design options.

I wouldn't add to much in the mod, not to risk losing the best qualities of the mod.

My only two suggestions would be to:
a) implement Warband Entrenched by Tempered with tireness affecting the unit map speed (like in Scaedumar mod). So when unit is travelling long is becoming slower and slower, basically forcing it to rest on map. In order to retain quality of this mod tent textures will need a touch or two.
b) more books and books readable by companions (by Rubik I think)
Thank you very much for your good reviews.
I had also problem about color choices for custom banner because of their "desaturated". So i have implemented the new color choosing presentation which give you very large color choices to custom banner presentation. I know it is still not very easy to choose right, saturated color but it is possible. I had made very good looking banners using that presentation. (I will give some screenshots soon).

About your suggestions;  I will consider them. Tireness effect may be good for more realistic travel on the map. There arent many object using tent textures in the game so I didnt change them but i may if i found good textures as OSP. Thanks for the suggestions.

Edit: I had also tried to keep the old banner chosing presentation as alternative but i couldnt success to do it without some bugs.

litdum said:
I had also problem about color choices for custom banner because of their "desaturated". So i have implemented the new color choosing presentation which give you very large color choices to custom banner presentation. I know it is still not very easy to choose right, saturated color but it is possible. I had made very good looking banners using that presentation. (I will give some screenshots soon).

Edit: I had also tried to keep the old banner chosing presentation as alternative but i couldnt success to do it without some bugs.

I understand I had the same difficulty hence I decided to drop custom banners.

You misunderstood me above so I will try to clarify.
I like desaturated colors because when they are applied on shields and tunics they look washed out.
I like that because it is more realistic.

Edit:
Also premade banners are not pure color tons, but they are textures so other effects may be applied to them in order to get "used" "old" look out of them.
Light reflects differently from those two cases as well and transparency is  impossible on full color ton.

Cigic said:
Cigic said:
You misunderstood me above so I will try to clarify.
I like desaturated colors because when they are applied on shields and tunics they look washed out.
I like that because it is more realistic.
Sorry about misunderstanding. I am glad you like the new banner creation feature.

And also I ve just take two pictures of my custom banners to post here.
custban.jpg
custban1.jpg

Btw i think the main reason of that the premade banners look old when they are covered to items even though their textures are fine might be that they are streched, made larger to be able to cover all of the item. So the texture is a bit breaking.

Hello Litdum. Have you thought about implementing a minimap for the field battles?

Will this work with... Warband 1.70?

Seems that the original mod Diplomacy 4.3 which it's based off doesn't...

But your banner says Mount & Blade Warband.

Confused there are no installation instructions...

Yes. This mod is compeletly compatible with Warband 1.170.  Download v0.1 main file and extract it in your Module folder, then download v0.2 update pacth and override that files to v0.1 ones.

By the way, original Diplomacy 4.3 also should work with Warband 1.170.

Hey mate, loving the mod so far. I was wondering if there's a way to change the sound effect of when you click on things? That sort of metallic ping.

Broods said:
Hey mate, loving the mod so far. I was wondering if there's a way to change the sound effect of when you click on things? That sort of metallic ping.
litdum said:
open "souns.txt" in the mod folder and find here:
drum_3.mp3 1793
change mp3 to ogg, like this:
drum_3.ogg 1793
so it will turn back to native one.
or you can change it to whatever you like instead of the native one.

Hi

do you maybe have a record of changes to troops and items they have in their inventory that you've made compared to Native?
(I am not taking about visual enhancements just stats).

I would like to see if it is feasible for me to revert troops to Native.

Thanks.

Hi Litum!

I've just tried this mod, and I feel this is THE MOD I was looking for. It is simply perfect. Adding many quality enhancements, still not changing too much to break the native feeling or break balance.

But to the point:
The custom banner creation is very promising but I think it could use (much) more variety in the charges.
Personally I always used the upward 'flying hawk in blue field', and I am missing it badly.
I was finding myself stuck in the banner creation menu, because none of the charges were for my liking.

Edit: So I think the banner creation part should offer more charges and should be optional, so one can create or choose in the old native way (maybe with adding some OST custom banners).
(I've read the comments again, now I see that you tried but it was buggy..)
My suggestion:
- add more charges and patterns
- add optional way to revert to native banners like you did with animations.

Also could you please give me a guide on how can I revert to the native way on my own?

One more thing:
I read about you having problem with the banner colors. What about using heraldic colours (gold, silver, azure, gules, purpure, sable, vert)? You could fine tune and test these to work well, and it fits in traditional banner creation...

Thanks.

Really good mod, I can see a lot of passions and attention to detail.

But is there a way to add my own customized banner into the game without using your banner creating tool? I took some time and effort to create one that I really like and used it for almost all other mods that I played. In the other mods, I usually just find the banner. dds under Textures and add my own banner in using photoshop or paint.net. For this mod, I tried to do the same but couldn't find the banner.dds anywhere. I even checked Resources using OpenBRF, nothing there as well. If there is a way please teach me how. Many many thanks in advance! :party:

For v0.1 I managed to find a workaround, simply by importing banners_a to banners_g plus banners_kingdoms & banners_default from classic native to this one. Then I just copy & paste my own customized banner  :lol:

But for v0.2, the original option to pick a banner from the native set of banners is replaced by "create a new banner" with your banner creating tool. Can you add the old option back, please? This will make this mod perfect for me. Thanks! :fruity:

Hi,

After some research I figured out the charges texture is in the vanilla textures folder (M&B/Textures).
So I have repalced one of the symbols to mine. This way I was able to recreate my banner with the banner creator...
I've also added some contrast to the flag texture so it's not so plain anymore, but the banner on shields is still too clean for me and I cant find out how to fix it.

ngaborino said:
Hi,

After some research I figured out the charges texture is in the vanilla textures folder (M&B/Textures).
So I have repalced one of the symbols to mine. This way I was able to recreate my banner with the banner creator...
I've also added some contrast to the flag texture so it's not so plain anymore, but the banner on shields is still too clean for me and I cant find out how to fix it.
Try this:
jacobhinds said:
You probably didn't save the mipmaps, which are auto-generated hidden textures of decreasing size that get shown when the surface of a 3D model is far away, or at an angle. Because the game can only render a pixel on the screen by selecting the nearest pixel on a texture, this makes things look pixellated at a distance. Mipmaps remedy this.

Save your banner texture as dxt1, and make sure any options to generate mipmaps are selected.

Ruthven said:
ngaborino said:
Hi,

Try this:
jacobhinds said:
You probably didn't save the mipmaps, which are auto-generated hidden textures of decreasing size that get shown when the surface of a 3D model is far away, or at an angle. Because the game can only render a pixel on the screen by selecting the nearest pixel on a texture, this makes things look pixellated at a distance. Mipmaps remedy this.

Save your banner texture as dxt1, and make sure any options to generate mipmaps are selected.

Thanks for the advises, but I think I was not clear enough.
I have no problem with the distant look of the shields. Instead I dont like the close look of it (but I am getting used to it). In my opinion the generated banners miss the dust and scratches of the painting on the shield - its too clean, like it was freshly painted. With native, the banners on shields have much more worn look. You feel like it survived many battles... I suspect they get some transparent layer on top, while the generadetd banners dont.

I hope I was able to discribe it better this time (English is not my primary language).

Thanks.

valinMB said:
Really good mod, I can see a lot of passions and attention to detail.

But is there a way to add my own customized banner into the game without using your banner creating tool? I took some time and effort to create one that I really like and used it for almost all other mods that I played. In the other mods, I usually just find the banner. dds under Textures and add my own banner in using photoshop or paint.net. For this mod, I tried to do the same but couldn't find the banner.dds anywhere. I even checked Resources using OpenBRF, nothing there as well. If there is a way please teach me how. Many many thanks in advance! :party:
The only way to be able to use your own banner in the game is using v0.1 for now. But i could succes to add banner creating and selection together. So there will be an option to select a premade banner as well, in the next version. And also you will be able to change the premade banner's back color for heraldic armors(when the banner covers the heraldic armor, back of the armor is vertex color from a script, not from the banner texture) so you can also change heraldic armors back color in the way it will be appropriate to your own banner.

ngaborino said:
Hi,

I think the problem may be about the color you chose. I know it is not very easy to find saturated, matte colors but when you set a saturated color in the presentation, it will look better. The option to change premade banner's back colors for heraldic armors which i will release with the next version may also help finding good looking, saturated colors to set custom banners by giving you chance to check premade ones default background colors. If you find shields still too clean after setting a saturated color as well, just imagine their wifes washed their equipments before seeing them off to army :smile: .

hey so I just downloaded 0.2 and I'm having some trouble.  I'm playing Warband 1.172 on steam. 

So when i go to start a new game I immedately get "get_object failed for mesh: skybox_cloud_1" This does not cause a crash it just appears on the right side of the screen in red.  From there when i get to the point where you customize the character's face i get some real problems.

Long story short the game isn't loading textures for the following:
"Textures/grass3.dds" "Textures/Crossbows1.dds" "Textures/bolts.dds" "Textures/swords2.dds."
Any time one of those items appears i get a windows text box notifying me of the failure and the item appears in plain white without the texture.
Please help

Back
Top Bottom