Defending a Castle

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt_Cassius

Recruit
Yeah hi guys, i'm kinda new to the forum but i was wondering can you actually get seiged in a castle? Whenever i get attacked its just a normal battle but everyone's dismounted. Is there actually anyway to defend a castle like when you're on the walls and the other guys are running up the ramps?

I seem to recall that you must lure the enemies near your castle, rest inside the castle, then, when you wake up, you will have the battle. There is of course a slight chance that I could have gotten this wrong.

Once you've conquered a castle and you want to enjoy the thrill of defending it, you've got to lure a group of enemies to intercept you on the map. Of course you head straight for your castle but you don't need to enter it. You stop in front of your castle and let the other group catch you (hold space). A message appears for you to make a choice whether you want to give up or fight (not the regular pre-battle dialogue in which you decide whether you or you and your group fight a battle). If you choose to fight, you appear inside your castle defending it against the attacking group.
There's a catch however: the garrison that you leave in the castle does not fight with you! It's your regular group of fighters that go along with you on the map that will also appear in the defence fight. That said, you might want to rearrange the preference of troops going to a fight putting archers and xbowmen to the top positions.

Just to make entirely sure that the battle for the castle will occur.. you might want to go inspect the castle, leave it immediately and THEN wait for the group to catch you. Enjoy the fight! :smile:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,12609.0.html

You know, its 5 topics down.

You know the rules darling :wink: -LL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom