dead game?

Users who are viewing this thread

amanamoth

Recruit
No ones on anymore, cant find more than 10 people and when I do its a gamble if ill ever even make it past the loading screen

it dead dead. best option is to wait for next update. You might find some dayd where people will play but 75% of the week its dead. its sad

MonthAvg. PlayersGain% GainPeak Players
Last 30 Days11,027.1-2,216.4-16.74%19,006

Lies. As TW once said, SP is 50% and MP is 50%. so 5.5k people play MP everyday. Simple

I haven't played previous games I purchased this game solely based on the trailer showing absolutely cool siege scenes and the bird eye view map campaign. Can't tell you how disappointed I was when i noticed how broken AI units are in sieges, how little there is for strategical depth in the campaign and that, the multiplayer.. is no more than a slow barebone team deathmatch. Even the "siege" is just TDM but with capture points.

Imagine if the multiplayer was done in the campagn map with player run settlements controlling huge ai armies. now that would be something unique to this game.

imagine if the multiplayer was done in the campagn map with player run settlements controlling huge ai armies. now that would be something unique to this game.
Contrary to the wet dreams of many SP people, giant campaign with all lords are players is not going to be fun unless you are one of the people who enjoy spending 20 hours a day building up their skill, wealth, and money.

Anyone who thinks server running 24/7 on a big campaign map where everyone can just play is going to be fun, are living a dream in an twisted fantasy.

The only closest thing you will get to this is persistent world mods who don't use giant armies and relies on a very much faster grind and dynamic to make people who don't want to spend 20h a day have fun.

t8WZr7W.png

embarassing tbh

I haven't played previous games I purchased this game solely based on the trailer showing absolutely cool siege scenes and the bird eye view map campaign. Can't tell you how disappointed I was when i noticed how broken AI units are in sieges, how little there is for strategical depth in the campaign and that, the multiplayer.. is no more than a slow barebone team deathmatch. Even the "siege" is just TDM but with capture points.

Imagine if the multiplayer was done in the campagn map with player run settlements controlling huge ai armies. now that would be something unique to this game.
there is a mod for that tho, now granted would be epic to have it in the base game

Contrary to the wet dreams of many SP people, giant campaign with all lords are players is not going to be fun unless you are one of the people who enjoy spending 20 hours a day building up their skill, wealth, and money.

Anyone who thinks server running 24/7 on a big campaign map where everyone can just play is going to be fun, are living a dream in an twisted fantasy.

The only closest thing you will get to this is persistent world mods who don't use giant armies and relies on a very much faster grind and dynamic to make people who don't want to spend 20h a day have fun.
precisely

This ^
Being able to play the singleplayer game normally with just one friend would be a Godsend, to me at least

People seem to be really enjoying the MMO nature of Bannerlord Online thus far though, just important to keep in mind the difference between that and actual co-op.

rpg elements can be removed, we could have static skills template (choose any current existing lord or your own character created follow a template) grinding isn't exactly a wet dream of mine I've spoken heavily against already.
That is already the case for every multiplayer game sin existence, all servers run 24/7
again you speak of grind (you seem very fascinated by it)

currently troops level extremely fast in single player, no reason it can be tweaked to be faster. Game can be played like any risk like games whom the board is constantly changing, not about life long lasting kingdoms (that's unreasonable and probably impossible)

there's a ton of custom maps in starcraft 2 arcade games that plays out like huge kingdom warfare, usually games last between 30min-2hours depending the map and players mood.

rpg elements can be removed, we could have static skills template (choose any current existing lord or your own character created follow a template) grinding isn't exactly a wet dream of mine I've spoken heavily against already.

That is already the case for every multiplayer game sin existence, all servers run 24/7

again you speak of grind (you seem very fascinated by it)

currently troops level extremely fast in single player, no reason it can be tweaked to be faster. Game can be played like any risk like games whom the board is constantly changing, not about life long lasting kingdoms (that's unreasonable and probably impossible)

there's a ton of custom maps in starcraft 2 arcade games that plays out like huge kingdom warfare, usually games last between 30min-2hours depending the map and players mood.
I was typing a whole book to dissect your arguments, but honestly i don't see the point. People have been coming over the forums on and off talking about the grand idea of a bannerlord campaign multiplayer but it's just not worth explaining how their dream of being a vassal or king is not going to go out as how they imagine it.

Mount and blade multiplayer is just something singleplayer people will never understand, i have come to accept that fact.

thanks my game is patched now and downloaded. Have some time this afternoon and probably tomorrow as well (expecting to not work at all or if so, only extremely early morning due to heat wave)
I was typing a whole book to dissect your arguments, but honestly i don't see the point. People have been coming over the forums on and off talking about the grand idea of a bannerlord campaign multiplayer but it's just not worth explaining how their dream of being a vassal or king is not going to go out as how they imagine it.

Mount and blade multiplayer is just something singleplayer people will never understand, i have come to accept that fact.
btw when I said it is unreasonable or impossible was more given the work ethic of taleworlds, persistent game worlds has existed for nearly two decades but that wasn't even what I was originally talking about, you are the one who brought this and apparently right here in this thread someone linked the existence of one so all arguements you can come up with about it being "impossible" falls flat thus why you can't see the point going forward. nice talking

thanks my game is patched now and downloaded. Have some time this afternoon and probably tomorrow as well (expecting to not work at all or if so, only extremely early morning due to heat wave)

btw when I said it is unreasonable or impossible was more given the work ethic of taleworlds, persistent game worlds has existed for nearly two decades but that wasn't even what I was originally talking about, you are the one who brought this and apparently right here in this thread someone linked the existence of one so all arguements you can come up with about it being "impossible" falls flat thus why you can't see the point going forward. nice talking
Yes but the reason why taleworlds has not done this is that mount and blade multiplayer is on it's own a different thing. Not everything has to be centered around the singleplayer campaign.

As you mention you didn't own the previous game, it might be a bit weird then but big communities have formed throughout the decade warband was released and making something completely different for multiplayer would not only anger the previous community, it would also not make sense to destroy a community that has made mods on warband and will continue their work on bannerlord.

Back
Top Bottom