Version number
v1.0.0.3232
Platform
PS4
Graphics mode
Performance

MoonTurtle

Recruit
Summary: I think it started with the game crashing after that when I tried to load into my game I saw the save disappeared at I can now see it under Corrupted or Damaged not sure what the translation here is. The second time it just happened ingame I wanted to save and saw a 2nd corrupted save appeared. At this point now I have about 8 corrupted save files I saw that I got one when I saved twice in a row which at this point I have to do though as if my saves keep getting corrupted I lose lots of hours playtime. I also can't delete these damaged save files. But they are not in my normal saves they are under "damaged/corrupted whatever the translation is.

Also not sure what I have to put in "Version number:" On playstation home when I look at update history it says Update 1.04
Ingame looking at my saves: v1.0.0.3232
How to Reproduce: Not sure about that. It happened after a crash and also when I didnt really do anything just travelling around the map. I noticed I got one too when saving twice in a row.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

We are sorry to see that you are experiencing these issues with the game. To understand the issue more clearly we need more details.
What is your PlayStation 4 hardware type? (Base PS4 or PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro)
What is your PSN account name?
What is the region of your account?
Do you have any external HDD plugged into your console system?
How long is the saving process takes in your system?
Are you experiencing the same issue on new game saves as well?

We are sorry to see that you are experiencing these issues with the game. To understand the issue more clearly we need more details.
What is your PlayStation 4 hardware type? (Base PS4 or PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro)
What is your PSN account name?
What is the region of your account?
Do you have any external HDD plugged into your console system?
How long is the saving process takes in your system?
Are you experiencing the same issue on new game saves as well?
Thanks for the answer!
Ps4 hardware type: Ps4 pro

PSN Account: Cringu

Region: Europe (Germany)

External HDD plugged in: No

How long does the saving process takes: Like when I want to save the game how long I wait? A few seconds 5 to 10?

Experiencing same issues on new game saves: Haven't tried it yet however I have just deleted all my saves that worked (can't delete the corrupted ones) and am trying to reinstall the game. I can give another answer to this when I have started a new game and played for a bit.

Edit: After reinstalling the game I still have 7 corrupted saves.

Last edited:
We have already a crash fix coming along regarding the PS4 Save Overwrite Crash. I am opening another issue regarding this on the system. Thank you!
Thanks! Does this mean after the update I wont get any corrupted saves anymore?

Also how do I get rid of my current corrupted saves?

We can't be sure if the fix is going to work until the reviews and tests. We will include the fix when it is done and working in the next patch. We can't give any ETA's regarding when the patch will come but even if the next patch does not fix it the other next patch might. This depends on lots of other stuff which I have to omit because of the sake of complexity.
Regarding not being able to delete the corrupted save files, we have a fix on its way but due to the prioritization of other issues, it might not be included in the next patch. Thank you for understanding and sorry for any inconvenience!

Goto ypur system storage on the ps4 and you can find the saved files there and delete the corrupted ones. Hopefully it will help going forward

Ive found what seems to help. Make 2 manual "save as" one wont get overwritten when you quicksave. So ya will have a backup at times when a corruption does happen.

Ive found what seems to help. Make 2 manual "save as" one wont get overwritten when you quicksave. So ya will have a backup at times when a corruption does happen.
This tempts me to give it another shot, but after my 4th or 5th restart, I had lost almost all heart. When my 6th was wiped, I think it may have dissolved the last of my resolve.

This tempts me to give it another shot, but after my 4th or 5th restart, I had lost almost all heart. When my 6th was wiped, I think it may have dissolved the last of my resolve.
Same here dude. I waited years for this to come to console. No wonder it was discounted on day one. What a waste...seriously, i don't think anyone else besides you knows this pain in my heart... Goodluck dude.. I'm gonna wait to see if the patch works to play again.

I think i know a way for them to fix this problem. Seems to happen eventually with saving over old data but not with my new saves that i make extra. Have had no probs since doing the extra manual save every so often.

So the autosave feature if it creates a new save every time but automatically deletes the oldest of the autosaves might work. Longer save times but safer?

With the latest v1.0.3 update, we have sent some fixes related to this issue. Could you update your game and report to us if you are still experiencing this issue?
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that caused a save to get corrupted when overwriting save files. Old saves might still be corrupted when overwriting (this includes auto-save), so make sure to create a new save file (choose "save as") for any existing saves that you want to safeguard.
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that prevented the deletion of corrupted save files.
  • [PS4] Reduced the save file limit from 32 to 16 to allow for larger files without corruption.
    • If you have more than 16 save files, this will not delete your files. It will only prevent you from creating new files until you are below 16 again. You can overwrite all existing files.

Back
Top Bottom