Custom Settlement Screenshots

Users who are viewing this thread

Been working on Empty 47 for a little while now.

I had the idea where there's a small group of peasants/bandits who find the ruins of this old castle and they decide it's a great place to build a new home for themselves. There are ruins of the castle, plus a destroyed bridge just below, which gives evidence of their being a river there once before, but now the water is much lower.

As you upgrade, the people begin to actually rebuild the walls (military) and the houses/mill (economy). So far I have E0M0 and E1M0. Here's some shots of E0M0:

mb1.png

mb2.png

mb3.png

Lemme know what you guys think so far. It's still a work in progress, but I'm enjoying making it.

Benz282 said:
Some more.

Again, none of the settlements shown are ones I made (I gotta give props to everyone who's made settlements - some of them are just unbelievable).

mountblade2009-09-0501-46-49-89.jpg

mountblade2009-09-0501-51-43-70.jpg

mountblade2009-09-0501-55-34-06.jpg

mountblade2009-09-0501-57-54-29.jpg

mountblade2009-09-0502-01-42-56.jpg
Bloom much!? :shock:

Anyway, I like those screenshots. I can't even lie and say that they're bad.

Bloom LOTS.

Here's the Hawkrise picture without HDR... (picture #5 in my second post).

mountblade2009-09-0502-01-42-56.jpg

mountblade2009-09-0923-31-52-93.jpg

Here's my HDR Settings. I believe they are Servitor's originally.
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=0
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=
[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=1
AlternativeDepth=1
AllowAntialias=1
BugFixMode=0
SkipShaderOptimization=0
QuadVertexBuffer=0
EnableShaders_3_0=1
AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini
[EFFECT]
EnableBloom=1
EnableOcclusion=0
EnableReflection=0
EnableMotionBlur=1
EnableWater=0
EnableShadow=0
DepthBias=0
EnableDepthOfField=1
[INPUT]
KeyUseEffect=123
KeyBloom=120
KeyOcclusion=121
KeyReflection=122
KeyCombination=16
KeyShadow=119
KeyWater=118
KeyScreenshot=44
KeyShowFPS=106
[REFLECTION]
ReflectionPower=10
ChromePower=5
UseCurrentFrameReflection=0
ReflectionQuality=2
ReflectionSourceSpecular=50
ReflectionSourceTFactor=50
UseAdditiveReflection=0
ReflectionDepthBias=0
UseLowResReflection=0
ReflectionSinglePass=1
UseEnvBump=1
EnvBumpAmount=100
EnvBumpOffset=100
ReflectionFlip=0
[BLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=30
BloomFadeTime=5000
BloomConstantDay=3
BloomQuality=2
BloomScreenLevelDay=100
BloomCurveDay=6
BloomPowerNight=15
BloomConstantNight=2
BloomCurveNight=-3
BloomScreenLevelNight=100
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=5
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=80
BloomAllowOversaturation=1
BloomMaxLimit=100
[SSAO]
UseFilter=1
OcclusionQuality=2
FilterQuality=2
DarkeningLevel=30
BrighteningLevel=20
IlluminationLevel=40
AdditiveIlluminationLevel=30
UseAmbientOcclusion=1
UseIndirectLightning=1
FadeDistance=16
UseIndirectLighting=1
UseForAlphaTest=1
UseForAlphaBlend=1
[COLORCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=5
ScreenLevelDay=100
ScreenLevelNight=100
DarkeningAmountNight=-10
GammaCurveDay=8
GammaCurveNight=8
ColorSaturationDay=-3
ColorSaturationNight=-3
UsePaletteTexture=1
[PLUGIN]
WeatherMod=0
[WATER]
UseWaterDeep=1
WaterDeepness=20
WaterQuality=2
[SHADOW]
ShadowFadeStart=40
ShadowFadeEnd=80
ShadowAmountDay=60
ShadowAmountNight=30
ShadowScreenLevelDay=60
ShadowScreenLevelNight=20
ShadowQuality=2
UseShadowFilter=0
FilterQuality=2
ShadowBlurRange=30
[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0
MaxAnisotropy=8
ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0
DisplayRefreshRateHz=60
ForceDisplaySize=0
DisplayWidth=1024
DisplayHeight=768
[MOTIONBLUR]
MotionBlurQuality=0
MotionBlurVelocity=40
MotionBlurRotation=40
[PERPIXELLIGHTING]
SpecularColorMin=0
SpecularColorMax=100
SpecularColorMultiplier=100
SpecularGlossinessMin=0
SpecularGlossinessMax=100
SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100
[DEPTHOFFIELD]
DOFQuality=2
DOFNumberOfPasses=4
DOFFocusRange=65
DOFBlurinessRange=1

Well, I promised more pics of Lynhaer. After WAY too long, here are some of the city as it continues to build:

mb1copy-1.jpg

mb10copy.jpg

mb11copy.jpg

mb2copy-1.jpg

mb3copy-1.jpg

mb4copy-1.jpg

mb5copy-1.jpg

mb6copy-1.jpg

mb7copy-1.jpg

mb8copy.jpg

mb9copy.jpg

can anyone answer my question real quick b4 i get into this thing. can i replace a settlement in NAtive from this mod?

Jenove said:
can anyone answer my question real quick b4 i get into this thing. can i replace a settlement in NAtive from this mod?
Yes and No.
Yes, you can replace a settlement in Native with one from Custom Settlements.
But you will need to make some edits.

The entry points at the time are geared toward the triggers from Custom Settlements but the triggers in Native are different, for example the guards spawn at other places. If you replace a city or you will also need to add a door to the trader for goods as this merchant is not in the streets. You also need copies of the map for siege and the fight in the streets.

Perhaps some more things, these are just the ones I know and remember.

I've been working on my own castle I hope to eventually give to the mod:

I think it will be called "Rosewelt" known for its dark tower  :cool:

here are some screens:
Overhead layout of castle
mb7.jpg

Merchants Row (where the wealthy, successful merchants live/sell)
mb16.jpg

Town Center. You can also see the Great Hall (which is also the entrance to the manor)
mb10.jpg

On top of the castle/gatehouse.
mb13.jpg

Yes, it's on the map inside the castle, and yes you can get there (you have to in order to get to the prison
mb3.jpg

Helicopter view of the castle
mb17.jpg

Vineyard
mb8.jpg

Wheat farms
mb9.jpg

nice sunset view of the castle
mb18.jpg

What do you think? It still needs a few touches to the bandits' camp and prisoners' work area, but otherwise, that's the e2m2 scene (unless someone has some really good criticism).

Oh and BTW, there is definitely more to it than I've shown  :wink:

Looks good, I guess the empty area at the north wall is a combat arena (I think I see the targets).

You have many entry points at the town center, you should position some a bit farther away, perhaps behind the church or at the merchant's row.
Given that the peasants are inside the walls the prisoners should be outside in the fields.
The area outside the walls looks rather bare (and green), perhaps you should put some rocks, bushes or even small houses there. Just ride through there, if it feels empty throw in a rock...

Berpol said:
Looks good, I guess the empty area at the north wall is a combat arena (I think I see the targets).

You have many entry points at the town center, you should position some a bit farther away, perhaps behind the church or at the merchant's row.
Given that the peasants are inside the walls the prisoners should be outside in the fields.
The area outside the walls looks rather bare (and green), perhaps you should put some rocks, bushes or even small houses there. Just ride through there, if it feels empty throw in a rock...

Yes, the prisoners are outside the walls to the west chopping wood near the forest (I plan on enlarging the forest a bit as well). The bandit camp is also in the forest.

mb14.jpg

That screenshot was also before I replaced all the peasant movement entry points. I've got them walking up and down the main street, to the farm area, and slightly into the houses.

Also, do you have any ideas on making something looking like a meat shop (for eye candy)? Right now, there's a "fried pig" and butchering knife, but I'm thinking of putting other meats hanging off the walls. It's not completely necessary though as it's kind of out of the way.

Yes, that open area in the north is basically tournament grounds (I've lengthened the jousting fence a bit since after taking the following screen shot).

mb12.jpg

(oh and by the way, I did manage to get a couple enemies to follow me into the tourney area and successfully jousted with them at the fence with thrusts instead of couching. I'll try to get a screenshot of it next time  :razz: )

Also, perhaps I should add a couple more wheat farms to the surrounding area. I was also thinking of enlarging the forest a bit. I will probably add a few rocks here and there as well. I do want to be careful about adding too much lest it cause fps drops (there is already more detail/objects in my castle than in a number of the settlements already in the mod).

I am also torn between showing all the eye-candy I've made or letting people discover it in game once I'm finished.

ares007 said:
Also, do you have any ideas on making something looking like a meat shop (for eye candy)? Right now, there's a "fried pig" and butchering knife, but I'm thinking of putting other meats hanging off the walls. It's not completely necessary though as it's kind of out of the way.
I usually use the food items like sausages, beef and so on. You could try to sink a pig into the wall to make it look like half a pig?

ares007 said:
Also, perhaps I should add a couple more wheat farms to the surrounding area. I was also thinking of enlarging the forest a bit. I will probably add a few rocks here and there as well. I do want to be careful about adding too much lest it cause fps drops (there is already more detail/objects in my castle than in a number of the settlements already in the mod).
As you said you have to watch fps, instead of adding objects perhaps you can make changes in the ground (rocky ground or so) or you just lower the land to create a lake.

Yeah, if I added a little bit more to the fields would it qualify to get into the mod (I still need to do the AI meshes)?

(of course this is just e2m2 as well. I still need to do the other scenes)

ares007 said:
Yeah, if I added a little bit more to the fields would it qualify to get into the mod (I still need to do the AI meshes)?

(of course this is just e2m2 as well. I still need to do the other scenes)
Nice job ^^

Well, I'm going to add a couple of carpets to the great hall, but otherwise the e2m2 scene is complete including AI mesh (however, I intentionally left some spots where you could hide or lose the AI momentarily  :razz: ).

I'll put a screenshot up of the latest "helicopter" view.

Now I just need to start stripping it down into its other scenes.

ares007 said:
Well, I'm going to add a couple of carpets to the great hall, but otherwise the e2m2 scene is complete including AI mesh (however, I intentionally left some spots where you could hide or lose the AI momentarily  :razz: ).
Actually, IIRC, messing around with indoor scenes that are travelled to via passages changes all the other indoor scenes of that kind. Say, putting a carpet in your great hall will make a carpet appear in my great hall at Grenlandsby. I'm not 100% sure if I am correct though.

Folthrik said:
ares007 said:
Actually, IIRC, messing around with indoor scenes that are travelled to via passages changes all the other indoor scenes of that kind. Say, putting a carpet in your great hall will make a carpet appear in my great hall at Grenlandsby. I'm not 100% sure if I am correct though.

iirc=?

Back
Top Bottom