Create material for strategic map

Users who are viewing this thread

dariel

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hi all! Quick question. How do I add materials for desert forest and mountain forest in Wings3D? I'm making a map using an obj exported from Thorgrim's editor and editing its materials and terrain in Wings. Thanks!

Solution
As I wrote, you had all materials at your disposal; there were no more of them. Forests are made of tree polygon meshes and generated by the game itself. Take a look at any mapping tutorial to learn how to add them.
What is the question actually? Do you want to import terrain textures from Warband for your new map? If yes, they can be found in your Warband/TexturesHD directory. Forests are made out of tree polygon meshes.

Upvote 0
No, I'm looking for how to get the materials into Wings3D. When I open my obj file in Wings3D the only materials present are deep water, fords, mountain, forest, steppe, steppe forest, and desert. I want to use the mountain forest and desert forest materials also but don't know how to add them.

Upvote 0
As I wrote, you had all materials at your disposal; there were no more of them. Forests are made of tree polygon meshes and generated by the game itself. Take a look at any mapping tutorial to learn how to add them.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks for the replies. So to clarify, if I paint the mountain material next to a polygon with the forest material, the area will become mountain forest?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom