Platform
Xbox Series S
Game mode
Sandbox
Graphics mode
Performance

Rigs74

Recruit
Summary:Reached late game stage on Xbox S and the frequency of crashing is just ridiculous. Can’t fight two battles and/or sieges in a row without the game crashing me back to homepage or sometimes even resetting my Xbox! Really frustrating and really poor.
How to Reproduce :n/a
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

You say late game crashes so early / mid game is ok ?

Late game means hitting data limits maybe blowing out data structures ? Mods for M2TW had similar problems, modders added too much content, M2TW couldn't handle so much = many crashes. I understand no mods for BL problems.

Smells like failed memory allocation but code continues = unstability and CRASHes !

You say late game crashes so early / mid game is ok ?

Late game means hitting data limits maybe blowing out data structures ? Mods for M2TW had similar problems, modders added too much content, M2TW couldn't handle so much = many crashes. I understand no mods for BL problems.

Smells like failed memory allocation but code continues = unstability and CRASHes !
TBH early/ mid game is not much better. Just that late game I’m involved more in multiple parties/ big number battles which seems to be where more problems occur. It’s really ridiculous. Been playing for about 4 hours today and it’s probably crashed on battles about 20 times. This is genuinely not an exaggeration. So frustrating but I’ve put too much time into it now to quit. Playing on Xbox S so don’t know much about code etc but this is without a doubt the most unstable game I’ve played in 40 years of gaming on any system I’ve owned (I started with a Binatone you plugged into the telly). Really doing my nut in and it’s been like this from day one on console regardless of any updates.

TBH early/ mid game is not much better. Just that late game I’m involved more in multiple parties/ big number battles which seems to be where more problems occur. It’s really ridiculous. Been playing for about 4 hours today and it’s probably crashed on battles about 20 times. This is genuinely not an exaggeration. So frustrating but I’ve put too much time into it now to quit. Playing on Xbox S so don’t know much about code etc but this is without a doubt the most unstable game I’ve played in 40 years of gaming on any system I’ve owned (I started with a Binatone you
TBH early/ mid game is not much better. Just that late game I’m involved more in multiple parties/ big number battles which seems to be where more problems occur. It’s really ridiculous. Been playing for about 4 hours today and it’s probably crashed on battles about 20 times. This is genuinely not an exaggeration. So frustrating but I’ve put too much time into it now to quit. Playing on Xbox S so don’t know much about code etc but this is without a doubt the most unstable game I’ve played in 40 years of gaming on any system I’ve owned (I started with a Binatone you plugged into the telly). Really doing my nut in and it’s been like this from day one on console regardless of any updates.

plugged into the telly). Really doing my nut in and it’s been like this from day one on console regardless of any updates. Not using any mods or cheats.

Could you give us more details if possible? For example do you see any patterns for this crashes? Can you crash the game with certain actions?
The only patterns I can see are big number and multiple party battles. Seems to crash less if my character dies early in the battle and isn’t actively involved. If it does crash, which it does almost every second battle, and I reload the game it never crashes on the same battle twice. I have to save my game before every single battle or lose progress. Sometimes get a weird colour blur(quite trippy) as well, especially during sieges. Facing the camera at the ground seems to stop that, though it’s not much use for fighting. Can’t seem to be able to play anymore than 2 big battles in a row without it crashing and sometimes lucky to get two in a row. Really frustrating, especially as I genuinely like this game. If there’s anything else I can do to help, please ask.

If your getting texture problems that sounds like you need to update your graphics drivers, not sure how you do that on a Console though ???

I would also say delete old shader caches and reinstall ... but console.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom