{Crashing} After Joining Beta3, 4 or 5? [NEW PLAYERS PLEASE READ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Skallagrim

Squire
A lot of you have probably noticed repetitive posts/threads of this, so I've made this for new players.

Entering PWbeta3/4/5 servers and crashing a few seconds into game? We've all had this problem, so here's a guide on how to fix it.

When entering Beta3/4/5 for the first time, select options instead of play
9260456.jpg

You'll come across three options
memes-dat-ash-ay-girl-can-i-get-yo-digletts.jpg

Select the Video Tab, and scroll down to the bottom
ngbbs4ffb2424b5b91.png

Find the box "Environment Shadows" and make sure to have it ticked
22498982.jpg

Play!
30149295.jpg

Environment Shadows must be enabled to run Persistent World. Also, some cases, you may also be required to enable Character Shadows. As a precaution, I would suggest doing so.
Any problems, feel free to PM me 

Another issue that may arise is the lack of the correct warband version. Make sure you have v1.153 of Warband to run this mod, which can be found at http://www.taleworlds.com/. (Click Mount and Blade Warband, then Download. It shall display the download for 1.153.)

This topic is temporarily stickied until a suitable workaround is figured out or the warband bug is fixed. Not sure if it will cause less people to view it (stickies often seem to be ignored, probably due to over use in some forums), but hopefully not.

Thanks for taking the time to do the step by step guide.

Bobthehero said:
I crash as soon as I try to swing, is this related?
Probably not; are you absolutely sure you are running the required version 1.153 of warband? If you updated your client (to get past the wb_mp_objects_a.brf error) and then copied an old mb_warband.exe across to play other mods with, it can cause strange freezes or crashes if the warband server is using some new settings in module.ini - I forget if they are enabled in the current release.

No, I have WSE installed for cRPG but its got its own exe and doesn't even start steam, unlike when I try to play PW by start Warband from Steam.

Hello,

I just downloaded the PW server mod and I installed. First I opened a empty map and started the play. But the problem is when I try to punch my character is freezing then I click right mause and I countinue the game but I cannot punch. Also, when I crash my friend by horse, the game kicks me out. But it doesn't happen in Native mod and Other mods. When I work the add-on map in Normal server mod, its loading and then I see black screen and turning off. Can you please help me about it?

Cesar Borgia said:
But the problem is when I try to punch my character is freezing then I click right mause and I countinue the game but I cannot punch. Also, when I crash my friend by horse, the game kicks me out.
Make sure your warband version is the latest 1.153, as specified in the download section; if you have copied across an older executable (before 1.150) after updating, you won't get the rgl error about missing wb_mp_objects_a.brf, but will get errors in the log about unrecognised opcodes, and your character will freeze and the client eventually crash, as you said. To ensure you are using the latest, apply the official warband patch again.

And as said elsewhere: don't duplicate your posts in multiple threads. I have removed the other posts.

disabled shadows and stuff
i crash after 5 - 10 seconds i'm in the server
i manage to see the rules and maybe make a couple of steps but then it goes black and crashes

raffa said:
i manage to see the rules and maybe make a couple of steps but then it goes black and crashes
Do you have 1.153 DL'd? If not, the link is in the OP. Double check your shadows, sometimes you need Character Shadows too.

Skallagrim said:
raffa said:
Do you have 1.153 DL'd? If not, the link is in the OP. Double check your shadows, sometimes you need Character Shadows too.
i m sure i have 1.153, use steam, and yes for security i've disabled player shadows too

raffa said:
i m sure i have 1.153, use steam, and yes for security i've disabled player shadows too
Note that you must enable environment shadows, not disable them; various players have suggested character shadows are necessary as well (though I don't see why).

Vornne said:
raffa said:
Note that you must enable environment shadows, not disable them; various players have suggested character shadows are necessary as well (though I don't see why).
Heh, I missed that. As said, you need to enable them.

Skallagrim said:
Vornne said:
raffa said:
Heh, I missed that. As said, you need to enable them.
well i don't know how I could miss the word enabled... oh well it still crashed with the shadows enabled, but i'll give it a try once again just to confirm

Back
Top Bottom