Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2022-01-11_00.48.17_42295e88491c44e845c9ba8e1b8ae836

cheeseit

Recruit
Summary: The crashes immediately on launch. My GPU drivers have been updates as of today and my windows is up to date. I have just installed the game this afternoon after not playing for a few months. I have verified the games integrity already. I tried running the game as an admin. I tried running the game directly from the .exe. I tried turning off MSI Afterburner and GE Force Experience still no luck. I have no other issues with any other games.

I tried to play Bannerlord a few months ago and had the same issue. I eventually gave up trying to solve it so this is round 2.
How to Reproduce: On launch 100% of the time.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No.
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Ro8UWgS.png

Computer Specs:
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Windforce 8G Graphics Card, 3X Windforce Fans, 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6, GV-N2070WF3-8GC Video Card
GPU Driver Version: 497.29
CPU: Intel BX80684I59600K Boxed Core i5-9600K Processor, 9M Cache, up to 4.60 GHz 3.7 6
RAM: HyperX Fury Black 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM Kit of 2 1Rx8 (HX426C16FB2K2/16)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X (Intel LGA1151/Z390/ATX/2xM.2/Realtek ALC892/Intel LAN/HDMI/Gaming Motherboard)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Seagate Barracuda 4TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 5400 RPM 256MB Cache for Computer Desktop PC Laptop (ST4000DM004)

I've got the same issue as cheeseit. Just tried to play as update and crash at start, then purged game, removed all files from documents, and redownloaded, ctd on start. Verified cache, no overlays, no mods, barebones. Other games working. Just... ctd!

I think this is a really fun game, I'd like to play it again!

I posted originally at around 3pm..

Coming back around 10:30 I read some of the fixes/workarounds, one of which was to try and load from the .exe (there's 2 one for multiplayer and one for single) located in the shipping client folder and this seemed to work. Upon loading I could see the graphic stutter pretty hard and went into the video options and it was set to my regular CPU, changed it to my GPU and everything seems... fine?

Still crashes when I try to launch from Steam, but at least I can play now. Maybe cheeseit can try this workaround for the moment? Still curious why my Steam won't load it but.. at least I'm in it again!

Here's the relevant bit that worked for me:

If none of the workarounds above helped you, you can try to launch the game via the TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe and TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Multiplayer.exe files located in the folder below:
...:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client

Last edited:
Thanks I'll give that a shot!

Just gave it another try. It seemed to get a little farther into the loading process but then crashed.

Hi i have the same issue with crash on launch just after the app opens and you hit play if it can be fixed please let me know

if from my researching what i can it may be a result of me wiping my computer and the directory getting confused somewhere along the line as a guy mentioned delving into it to fix

Last edited:
Thanks I'll give that a shot!

Just gave it another try. It seemed to get a little farther into the loading process but then crashed.
Damn. That was my moonshot. Its working on my end from the single player .exe

Sorry to hear of these problems.

I wonder if this has to do with it pathing away from the GPU on startup? I mean I'm not techy at all so I have no idea, just noticed once I got it loaded that I had to switch that to make it at all playable..

I've been having a similar problem except it never tells me it crashes. It just starts running then stops running. This happens whether I run it from steam or run as admin from the Taleworlds Launcher. I did the uninstall, clear folders, reinstall and verified the local game files and still have the same problem. I also updated my graphics driver to no avail. The last time I tried to run the game was at least six months ago, and I'm not using any mods. My specs are pretty equivalent to those listed at the top.

Back
Top Bottom