Resolved "Could not connect to the server" when trying to log

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
1.9.0
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

[BRE] Titien

Recruit
Summary: When I try to log in the multiplayer, the login fails with the text "could not connect to the server".
This is happening from one day ago as 2 days ago I was playing with my friends.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, verifying the files, deleting all the modules and mods and verifying again to re-download everthing, deleting the config files, nothing worked. It isn't firewall or a internet problem as I was able to play since 2 days ago and I can play on any other multiplayer game.

How to Reproduce: Start the game from the multiplayer section with no mods activated, press the login button (doesn't work with the dedicated server helper activated either)

Computer Specs:
OS: windows 10
GPU: nvidia geforce gtx 1060 6Gb
GPU Driver Version: 31.0.15.1640
CPU: AMD ryzen 5 3600 6-core
RAM: 8Gb
Motherboard: msi b450 tomahawk max
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):
 

[BRE] Titien

Recruit
Now that I think about it, it's happening since I've downloaded the dedicated server from steam yesterday morning. Could that have broken the multiplayer?
The single player works as always.



P.S I've found this in my rgl_log, hope it helps:

[12:06:00.021] Http Post Request with message failed. Exception status: SendFailure

[12:06:00.023] Exception 0: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ||| StackTrace: System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.

at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

[12:06:00.023] Exception 1: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream. ||| StackTrace:

[12:06:00.023] ClientRestSessionTask::SetFinishedAsFailed::TaleWorlds.Diamond.Rest.ConnectMessage

[12:06:00.023] ClientRestSessionTask::SetFinishedAsFailed:: TaleWorlds.Diamond.Rest.ConnectMessage done

[12:06:00.036] [][] New MBGameClient State: Idle old state:Working
 
Last edited:

[BRE] Titien

Recruit
It seems that I solved the problem.
The game was still in 1.9.0 and i didn't know that i had to switch to 1.0.0 as I've always heard that the 1.9 was the release update.
Steam didn't update automatically even if the option is enabled.
 

uçanbiblo

Community Support
Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Hey, i am glad the problem is solved. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.
 
Top Bottom