e1.7.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Sup3rmanc

Recruit
Hi,

I tabbed out of my game for a few minutes whilst in a town. When I returned to the game and clicked to leave the city, my computer blue screened.
Now, whenever I try to reload my saved game I get the following error:

'Error: A problem occured while trying to load the saved game'.

There's no further explanation as to what the problem with the saved game is. I have created copies of the save game which have the same issue. Tried restarting my computer, verified the game files on Steam, done a full reinstall of Bannerlord. None of this has solved the issue so I'm at a loss. Please assist.

Link:
Save File

How to reproduce: N/A
Have you used cheats and if so which: No Mods/Cheats.
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 16 series GTX 1650 graphics card with 4GB RAM GDDR6.
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 -5600H processor.
RAM: 8.00 GB (5.88 GB usable)
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 256GB SSD storage.

Hey, i could not reach the file from the link you have provided. Can you please create a ticket and include the file there? To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hey, sorry to let you know that after investing the save file, it looks like it is irreversably corrupted. I was not able to open it on our development branch as well. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please make sure the game has necessary autorizations to be able to save and load files.
  • Make sure that the game is on the controlled folder access allowed apps list in your security software. If you are using Windows Defender:
  • Open Windows Defender Security Center.
  • Click on Virus & threat protection.
  • Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
  • Under "Controlled folder access," click the Allow an app through the Controlled folder access link.
  • Click the Add an allowed app button to add Bannerlord.

Hey, sorry to let you know that after investing the save file, it looks like it is irreversably corrupted. I was not able to open it on our development branch as well. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please make sure the game has necessary autorizations to be able to save and load files.
I've had an identical issue with my save file, computer crashed and I've done exactly the same in the attempt to fix it
This is my saved game
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Zzjb5jWb8BfTeUtihksPaO1XnpacDpK/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Hey, the save file you have sent has the same issue and can't be loaded. I am afraid that you have to move on and start a new campaign.

Hiya, I've tried the above advice and it won't let me as I'm using Trend. What do when I'm using Trend? Also, I've tried deleting my previous campaigns as I've conquered the map. Some delete fine but others it fails to delete
(Update) I created a new campaign after uninstalling and following the above advice. I went to save and it failed to do so. It's making the game unplayable which is a shame because I love this game

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom