Controversy out of control

Users who are viewing this thread

leafgreen

Recruit
According to the wikia, controversy caps at 100.  I honestly don't know if this problem is from Native or Silverstag.

Day 400 and lords kept telling me I was too controversial, I looked and I had 156.  I raid a lot of fiefs, sometimes I help out a neutral faction if they are fighting bandits, I did switch from Vaegyr to Nord 100 days back.  No problem.  I waited until it dropped to zero.

Day 550, controversy 189.  We're at war with every other kingdom and taking cities, i'm left out.  So i'll go sit in my town Wercheg and wait, or fight sea bandits.

Day 600, controversy 267.  I have no idea what is causing this and there is no cheat to fix it.  Savegames are in ascii, export/import a character doesn't change it or have a controversy to edit.

I have never been marshall but been offered it 3x and declined.

MB:W v1.153
Silverstag v1.168
WSE unknown
no Viking Conquest DLC

Raiding a fief does not do it, failure to report to marshall quest doesn't do it, leaving troops behind to retreat (I just do that to get to the quit/load menu faster) doesn't do it.  At this point my only options are Restart, sit in home town for 30? 60? 90? days for controversy to drop to zero, or declare myself a king.

15 hours of playtime, i'm down to 43 controversy.  Just offered a fief and I declined it, no controversy gain.  Thinking it was turning down marshall.

Offered marshall and I declined it.  Followed marshall who always spams 'come see me', that didn't do it.

Hard to nail this one down.

And 175 controversy again.

Since the last post I looted a half dozen fiefs, hunted down a lot of bandits, beat up 3-4 enemy lords that got in my way, took part in 2 tournaments and won, said hi to a dozen lords, built improvements in my 4 fiefs, scrapped poor/weird troops in my city and ran around recruiting good (and cheaper) replacements.  I did have a mission that failed, 90% sure it was a 'rumor of the road' about a tournament somewhere.  I have those turned off btw and they still popup.

Last training of my henchmen while I stockpile cash, then going to wear a shiny hat and be the king of all londinium.  So controversy won't matter and I can't try to hunt down what is causing it anymore.

But hopefully this thread helps somebody else who stumbles across that bug.

Played 2 more games and it didn't repeat.

That was the only time I left a king's service, fooled around, joined a different one.  Only thing I did different I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom