Complete lack of customization options

Users who are viewing this thread

Samsquanch

Recruit
Just ran my 1st playthough and became completely disgusted when my character died. I don't want to build all these skills again, smithing sucks to level and I don't want to do it every time I get old and die. I don't get it. Why does this game have a complete lack of customization options? It's a single player game, let people play how they want. Want to start over every time you die...cool. some don't and this should be an option on console. I lost all motivation to play this game. I won't even get into the brain dead lords that size a castle, meanwhile one of their towns gets taken. I'm sure PC players have mods for that. Us console scum are stuck with a pretty vanilla, bland experience with zero built in customizable options. Sadly by just glancing at this forum, nothing is gonna change anytime soon...

You can toggle death for your character and/or other heroes off in the settings on PC, is this not in the console version? Seems weird they'd leave it out on console only.

You can toggle death for your character and/or other heroes off in the settings on PC, is this not in the console version? Seems weird they'd leave it out on console only.
Heros yes, but not your character.

New account here so I can't post a link yet. But they pretty much said they arent bringing that option to console..

I'm sure PC players have mods for that. Us console scum are stuck with a pretty vanilla, bland experience with zero built in customizable options. Sadly by just glancing at this forum, nothing is gonna change anytime soon...
That's just how consoles are. TW probably isn't doing it because console developers make it hard to develop mods for console and want to charge money for hosting it, etc. Eventually you'll realise that consoles are a waste of money and give an objectively worse gaming experience. Just move to PC and have more fun.

However I am sympathetic to your plight, at the very least Taleworlds should fix the vanilla game so it doesn't suck. They should fix the atrocious grind, fix the broken mechanics, fix the imbalances, improve the AI where possible. Even our console peasant friends deserve this.

I think it is pure malpractice to sell this game to people without a mouse & keyboard. Console players fight me on this, saying the game is plenty fun. They're not ....wrong, but they're missing something important about M&B.
Especially when releasing at the same time; when PC version isn't even complete. Ports work (either way) after the game is completed and can then streamline the important things when going to PC>console or console>PC (and whether it's even practical for a port).

That's just how consoles are. TW probably isn't doing it because console developers make it hard to develop mods for console and want to charge money for hosting it, etc. Eventually you'll realise that consoles are a waste of money and give an objectively worse gaming experience. Just move to PC and have more fun.

However I am sympathetic to your plight, at the very least Taleworlds should fix the vanilla game so it doesn't suck. They should fix the atrocious grind, fix the broken mechanics, fix the imbalances, improve the AI where possible. Even our console peasant friends deserve this.
I mean if you sell an unfinished game regardless of what the console "problems" (this being taleworlds not being able to implement characters dying without using mods) is definetly not the users or console's fault.

I think it will be added to console then you can just turn it off. I personally like the fact the player can die and you get another character to work on. I don't like black smithing either it suck so we agree there.

I mean if you sell an unfinished game regardless of what the console "problems" (this being taleworlds not being able to implement characters dying without using mods) is definetly not the users or console's fault.
Oh, I totally agree, I'm just saying console will always have a worse experience anyway even when companies do what they're meant to do - but yes, TW should absolutely fix the game.

I understand your frustration with the lack of customization options and consequences of character death in the game. It can be discouraging to lose progress and start over,
I understand your frustration with the lack of customization options and consequences of character death in the game. It can be discouraging to lose progress and start over, especially with tedious skills like smithing.

There is a Tutelage on steamwork shop that should probably be part of the game in that the characters in the players part teach each other skills based on who ever as the highest.

I'm playing on console, Xbox One, current console patch 1.1.4

This has been in the game since I started playing (I think 1.0.3 or something on console) the option "Hero Deaths in Combat" when scrolled over the actual text of the option states

"The possibility of you or other heroes to die in battle"

And you can completely disable this, same thing applies to the clan member death in combat possibility

If you're referring to being executed as a prisoner, however, I've never had that happen to me and I have no idea if it even happens to the player at all, so it's just purely bad luck if it happens I guess. I've never witnessed any death or execution except for wanderers becoming "lost" so that new wanderers can rotate in and out of the save, and the option to execute Radagos in the campaign tutorial, other than that I've never actually seen any lords, nobles, or mercenaries be killed

The cynic in me:
You've already paid for the game and whatever one says, complains, *****es...etc, they got their money!
Unfortunately it's the same for most if not every game out there.
Sorry if this is not very constructive, but "it is what it is" like they say.

Back
Top Bottom