Companions to Lords - Couple Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Jazzwind

Regular
At What Level (Companion's) do you typically ask them to take their first feif?

Do your Companion Vassals gain renown once they are on their own?  I've been keen on watching Rolf's progress.  He began with 465 renown, and as I am not at war, has been just killing off Sea Raiders and such.  He was 30 when he took his Feif (they were all about 22, so I bumped him up before losing him). 

Does the level dictate the starting renown?

Cheers, m8's.

Mine are typically around level 20-25 when/if I grant them a fief. Usually by that time I have a huge power base and am ready to proclaim myself king. Lately however mine have been in the 30's as I wait until whichever faction I am serving has nearly conquered the map then I leave, finish off whatever faction is left claiming hteir lands as my own and then fight against my former faction.

As to them continuing to gain renown I am unsure. I am relatively certain that AI lords do gain renown but I cant say for sure.

What I know for sure is that AI lords gain renown for winning tournaments. Just like player. However only tournaments which "really happen" are those which player participated at. Other does not seem to have any winners.

I was able to raise renown of few of my lords by holding fiesta and doing tournaments which one way or another I let AI lords to win (it is random to some extend).

If they gain renown by winning battles this I am not sure. Seems not.

Other tournaments last for days, and rarely any lord is at the end, not even mentioning they probably lose...
They also get renown boost for conquering castles as leaders(Poor Crahask finally jumped from his crappy 200 renown to 300), and maybe for helping in this.
They also gain renown from feasts.

lool probably not.. also you should be aware of the skills you give your "lord" companions.. prisoner management i dont think matters so much but leadership pathfinding spotting surgery etc all play a big role on their armies so always give them a bit of pathfinding and spotting aswell as some first aid or w,e you think is god,.. i have also given them training in the hopes that it speeds up their troop improvement but i havent had a chance to confirm is that actualyl works..

After some testing

There is an algorithm for "Companion Lords".  15 renown per level, when you ask them to become a lord. 
Level 20 - 300.  Level 30 - 450. 

For Leadership, the AI seems to ignore whatever skill is there.  Rolf is running around quite happy with an army of 400 Sea Raiders, and Matheld has 300 Huscarls.  Yes, these are used through the cheat mode to test the system and see if there was a ceiling, and if top tier troops made a difference in the ceiling.

No ceiling I've found.  Tier makes no difference.  This is with no mods, so it would seem basic to any mods done - explaining why Mr Bad Guy in Pelinnor was always chasing me around with a 1,200 man army.  You could give a Lord troops just as easily and have the same thing on your side.

In short - Renown seems meaningless to your AI lords.  Just decoration. 

The problem with granting companions with fiefs is that some vassals of the realm will not like it because i granted some companions who were "commoners." but later in the game when dominated 80% of the map, most of my companions automatically get promoted to lords in my party..

I don't know how they get promoted, maybe bug ? or intentional? but it was nice that they get the title "Lord/Count/Countess" in front of their names. So when I awarded those guys with fiefs, the vassals of the realm don't complain that I gave fiefs to commoners anymore.

Back
Top Bottom