Commander options (lord's dual, speech, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

bisthebis25

Knight
Hi !
Where are the Commander options ? I can't make a dual with ennemy lord, can't make a speech etc. Why ?  :sad:
I have  +/- 750 renown, I am a vassal of Gewissae and i have +/- 150 mens with me.

You can only ask lords to dual when they are in their castle I believe, or a castle/town in general doesn't have to be theirs. It can't be done out in the field if I recall correctly. As for making speeches, you might need some relations with the town first.

No, i don't speak about that.
In Brytenwalda's MS, it's game_menu "panel_comandante"
You can :
-Impassion your men with a rousing speech.
-Call your enemy forward for a duel of honour.
-Skirmishers: Send your men to hinder the enemy's advance.
-Make a sacrifice to the Gods.

I think you need a large enough party and/or enough Tactics or Leadership or something.  Skirmishing usually fails, but with a large enough party, you can often kill or wound dozens of enemies before the battle even happens!  The speeches, sacrifices, and usually duels don't seem to have any effect.  However, duelling the enemy leader yourself is handy; I was once attacked by an overwhelmingly larger force, so I challenged the enemy to a duel.  Their lord came out to face me, and I won.  As a result, the battle didn't even happen, and I managed to escape.

Mkhedari said:
I think you need a large enough party and/or enough Tactics or Leadership or something.  Skirmishing usually fails, but with a large enough party, you can often kill or wound dozens of enemies before the battle even happens!  The speeches, sacrifices, and usually duels don't seem to have any effect.  However, duelling the enemy leader yourself is handy; I was once attacked by an overwhelmingly larger force, so I challenged the enemy to a duel.  Their lord came out to face me, and I won.  As a result, the battle didn't even happen, and I managed to escape.

Yes, tactics skill is very important if you want see it in your battle menu.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that feature. Usually I ignore tactics since it doesn't do much with a high battle size setting, but if it adds features like this then it'll be worth looking into. Does anyone know what levels give what abilities?

Hey, I actually just made an account to go ahead and agree with Kinsume here, if we could get a feature list by Tactics level it would be really nice. Thanks!

Idibil said:
Mkhedari said:

Yes, tactics skill is very important if you want see it in your battle menu.
Ok, thanks

Back
Top Bottom