City to faction

Users who are viewing this thread

zkajo

Regular
I have a question. How do i assign a city to a faction and particular lord? I can't find straight forward answer on the forum, since most are answers for older versions and mechanics changed. Please help me out :wink:

Regards, zkajo

Lol, did i just find an answer?  :grin:

("castle_9","Jamiche_Castle",icon_castle_a|pf_castle, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-46, -68.3),[],100),

Could fac_neutral be a faction? Though why in module system is it all neutral?

"kingdom_1",  "Kingdom of Swadia", 0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0xDD8844),

So if i wanted to add Jamiche_Castle to kingdom of swadia would it be this:

("castle_9","Jamiche_Castle",icon_castle_a|pf_castle, no_menu, pt_none, fac_kingdom_1l,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-46, -68.3),[],100),

or just kingdom_1? Or is it completely wrong? :grin:

To assign a city to a particular lord, do this.
Code:
(call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "<town party>",  "<troop info>", 0),

However, to assign it to a faction, then you should try this one, instead.
Code:
(call_script, "script_give_center_to_faction_aux", "<castle party>", "<kingdom info>"),

You should always give Towns with the give_center_to_lord and always castles with give_center_to_faction_aux. You don't need to give villages. Also, your method won't work, use my method instead.

Thanks for the reply. Which file do i find that in? I couldn't find it in the trigger and simple trigger files.

Automatically determined by a script by getting the closest distance to town/castle from a village.

Ah, you told me how to assign a castle. But to assign a town i just need to assign it to a lord and it will autmatically assign to a faction?

Back
Top Bottom