MP Choosing Spawn Location

Users who are viewing this thread

Piconi

Fashionista
Community Manager
This is something that i considered to be lacking for a while now, but is a huge potential quality of life improvement.
Pretty simple suggestion, i don`t know if it is simple to implement, but i like to think it is doable.
There are many reasons for this feature, but giving more control to the player is the main one. Teamplay could be further enhanced, more control over the battlefield to both teams (chosing to spawn closer to a certain flag, giving the interesting asymetric feel to the otherwise symetrical map layouts), and disfunctional teams would suffer anyways, doesen't matter if there is a spawn location choice or not, they each go their separate way anyways, so no harm to those teams by implementing this feature.

When spawning you by default have the usual spawning screen where you choose the class and perks
jOu2nAT.png

But then after you press "F", instead of spawning immediately, you are prompted to an overhead view of the map where you can click on a spawning location and press "F" again to spawn there, but if you don`t click any location in time, you spawn on the usual random location, like how it is now, or on a starting spawn locations known as T1or2.
5hcaGDL.jpg

In a siege scenario, the defending spawn locations are pretty self explanatory and similar to skirmish ones (they could use an improvement though - more locations), while the default attacking spawning lines with 1 spawn location each (1st image) could be split into 3 locations each to choose from (second image)
Pq2LZye.jpg
gO62VEf.jpg

This is nothing revolutionary, of course, as it has been done in several titles including BF1 and BF5, and there you could even see the position of your teammates highlighted, and even little enemies` silhouettes if you looked closely, but both those things would be up for hard debate for BL.
1shNQBX.jpg

I am interested if this is something players would enjoy if implemented well, in which modes they would like to see it, in which not and why, and to see additional suggestions, expanding on the idea, as well as possible counterarguments to this feature, it's open for discussion.

good idea for siege. It will be awesome to spawn as defender near to the flag like to choose flag A or D or E etc ..and same as attacker if the attackers take flags A or B etc it will be awesome to spawn there to choose the spawn or if we are join to a party to can spawn to our teammate.

+1 big fan. Reminds me a bit of how MORDHAU handles it, which is pretty nice. Would help especially in TDM instead of being killed literally the second you spawn as you spawn in a hoard of enemies (would definitely solve that issue of random, frustrating spawns!)

I think it could definitely be interesting for Siege. I don't think it'd be that great for Skirmish and TDM. In Skirmish, the flexibility in spawning I would see would be to simply overwhelm the opposing team in an attrition war rather than actual combat as there is a mad rush to flood any potential contested flag that you would spawn near. I think TDM would benefit more on the opposing teams having fixed spawns on opposite ends of the map and rotating if one team pushes into said opposing team's spawn. Could have 4 such spawn area broken down to 2 per side to rotate around the map changing up the flow of the map and angles of chokepoints and other such things.

Back
Top Bottom