Cavalry issues

Users who are viewing this thread

This thread isn't about buffing cav but fixing issues with it. For the only thing that could be considered a buff (more consistent couch lance damage) I offered two ideas on how to balance it.
When infantry cannot rear you from behind anymore inf will be weaker compared to cav than before. Thats what a buff is.
So they could reduce that rear angle to +-80° but in return reduce horse armor by 3 for example.

When infantry cannot rear you from behind anymore inf will be weaker compared to cav than before. Thats what a buff is.
So they could reduce that rear angle to +-80° but in return reduce horse armor by 3 for example.
How it is right now is what I would consider a bug. Fixing bugs != buffs to what was affected by it.

Cavalry should not be able to be stopped from the back, or from 180° around its front. If @AVRC or whoever is in charge of that mechanic feels like cavalry needs to lose some armor in turn for that to happen, so be it.
Personally I think the best option would be around 60° to either side of the cavalrys front, so you get 120° where you can stop cavalry and 240° (around the back) where you can't.

How it is right now is what I would consider a bug.
Fixing bugs can have a huge impact to the class balance. You always have to analyze what will happen after the bug is fixed and if further balance is needed.

For example you could argue its a bug that horses can just ride up most of the stairs. I think it is uninteded so when they remove it and make you rear it will be a cav nerf for sure.
There is also this bug where the rider can block with shield directly after being dismounted
And the bug where the rider slides into a wall while being dismounted so he is unvoulnerable
Or the instant couch lance feature which is probably not intended

When bugs like these are in the game for half a year they are part of the gameplay. If you remove them you change up the balance.

Last edited:
I got reared from a similar angle back in April:

I can roll with the logic that polearms rear horses from the side (realistically, it's not like a spear would stop a horse from the front either), but for the sake of balance, I'd probably put the rearing cone to something less than halfway around the horse's body (from the front). Maybe a spear attack to the horse's head could rear it from any angle? All depending on the speed it's going.

I'm not sure if this is true, but if you need to have your feet on the ground to rear a horse, then that's just a pointless nuisance.

In any case, I've been getting reared much more frequently in 1.5, and I don't get frustrated by it. I think to myself: "Fair enough, I was too careless."

Light cav are made of wet paper in BL and are a complete joke. Heavy isnt worth spending 200 on just to get **** on by the sheer amount of throwing weapon spam in this game. But the real problem is trying to balance 4-5 different game modes with the same classes. The class system is the root of all this evil.

Yeah instant couch lances weren't intended. That's why they were removed with 1.5. By your logic, TaleWorlds should give them back.
We are not discussing wether bugs should be removed or not. Ofcourse they should.
You were saying fixing bugs can never be a buff or nerf since it was a bug. But I heavily disagree with that. We can stop here.

Back
Top Bottom