Caravan Masters

Users who are viewing this thread

not the most useless... but the caravan master is normally the first to die to me or one of my archers when I attack a caravan :roll:

Ludial said:
not the most useless... but the caravan master is normally the first to die to me or one of my archers when I attack a caravan :roll:

I could also make that same argument about the Lords, them always being the first ones to die whenever I fight their parties. That does not mean they are bad in combat though.

At least manhunters can upgrade. Caravan masters not.
Not that manhunters upgrades are anything useful..  :roll:

Still, looters seem the most useless to me...

Ya know, I think they are somewhat underrated.  I'll keep say 2 in my party just for the hell of it, and while they suck against infantry they aren't as bad as people would initially think.  They have a horse and keep up your movement speed, plus they are quite cheap to maintain.  Their horse gives them more durability then most infantry units, and even though they don't have the stats for it, they sure can kill well.  I notice that out of the one or two I carry around, their names pop up far more often then a Swadian Knight's will, in relation to their make up of the group.  Against Khergits and Steppe bandits they are quick and lethal, I figured they would be eaten up by arrows but it seems not to be the case. 

Caravan masters are there because it makes no sense to have a caravan and guards but nobody owning the caravan or paying the guards. Not everyone in Calradia fights for a living y'know.

But, manhunters are supposed to and they still suck. Ergo, the caravan master is better. However, Slaver Chiefs can handle a caravan master with ease, so...

Ruthven said:
Caravan masters are there because it makes no sense to have a caravan and guards but nobody owning the caravan or paying the guards. Not everyone in Calradia fights for a living y'know.

But, manhunters are supposed to and they still suck. Ergo, the caravan master is better. However, Slaver Chiefs can handle a caravan master with ease, so...
what`s the loadout of a slaver chief? I once trained a peasant woman up to a sword sister, but after seeing how it sucked I never tried the same for manhunters.

Slaver Chiefs suck. They're decent for capturing scores of low level troops though.

Mail shirt, maul, winged mace, steel shield, no helmet, a hunter and some boots. Stats aren't too impressive either.

Plus, most of your guys will die before they become chiefs.

Fei Dao said:
Slaver Chiefs suck. They're decent for capturing scores of low level troops though.

Mail shirt, maul, winged mace, steel shield, no helmet, a hunter and some boots. Stats aren't too impressive either.

Plus, most of your guys will die before they become chiefs.
Yeah, they're the worst top-tier troops ingame. Still better than Caravan Masters though.

I remember the times when the hired blade can take anything on and win. Those were the days when being a mercenary captain was still economically viable!

Swadius said:
I remember the times when the hired blade can take anything on and win. Those were the days when being a mercenary captain was still economically viable!
When they mostly had great helmets, full plate and rode Warhorses? Ah, those were the days...

Back
Top Bottom