• Welcome to the forums on our new hosting setup. Everything should be working the same, but if you run into any problems, please let us know over here.

Can't Import maps into Thorgrim's Editor

Users who are viewing this thread

€hr¡s

Sergeant
I know this should probably go into Unofficial Editing Tools but it's dead there and I need help now and not in the next 4 months.

I have my heightmap and color map set up exactly how they should. My color map has the -c at the end and the colors match up exactly with the editor. When I go to Import them I see them right there and I can click on them. I go to click on my color map to import it and the menu closes but nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. It doesn't even slow down or freeze like it usually does when I do something big. It's as if I never tried to Import anything. It does the same thing with my heightmap too. I've tried everything I could think of to get it working but nothing helps. I can't even Export anything. When I go to Export it just takes a screenshot of that I'm looking at and the Export menu. I need some serious help with this.

If it helps to know I'm running on Windows 7 Build 7600 but everything else in the editor works as it should so I don't think that has anything to do with it.
 

Jezze

Baron
WBM&BNWVC
€hr¡s said:

€hr¡s said:
Great help guys :neutral:

Yes, thank you.

Maybe that is why noone can help you. I never imported anything for the map editor, I just made them in the map editor.
I have no exp. with importing height maps and such, but it seems you have a problem with your mapeditor, so what I suggest, reinstall it and try it again. Or Windows 7 should influence it but as you said, you do not think that is the case.
 

€hr¡s

Sergeant
I was pretty sure there'd be more people with importing experience here, but I guess I was wrong. Thanks for the reply though.
 

Fugu23

Regular
As I just posted elsewhere, same problem. It may be that the map editor is busted and can't read heightmaps, or that there's some sort of extension on the end that Thorgrim forgot to mention.

Except for the fact that my terrain type map works fine. That's odd...

We're also both running Windows 7. I guess a reinstall would be a good idea, but I'd like to know if anyone's actually gotten this to work before.
 

javico

Veteran
WB
I imported a map to the editor without problem. I got a image of the map and with photoshop gave it the colors of a map exported from the editor. Then I imported it and I had my map in the editor. I didnt use height map, I gave it the height in the editor
 
€hr¡s said:
I know this should probably go into Unofficial Editing Tools but it's dead there and I need help now and not in the next 4 months.

I have my heightmap and color map set up exactly how they should. My color map has the -c at the end and the colors match up exactly with the editor. When I go to Import them I see them right there and I can click on them. I go to click on my color map to import it and the menu closes but nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. It doesn't even slow down or freeze like it usually does when I do something big. It's as if I never tried to Import anything. It does the same thing with my heightmap too. I've tried everything I could think of to get it working but nothing helps. I can't even Export anything. When I go to Export it just takes a screenshot of that I'm looking at and the Export menu. I need some serious help with this.

If it helps to know I'm running on Windows 7 Build 7600 but everything else in the editor works as it should so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I couldn't import maps too. My problem was that the Map Editor was too slow and nothing happens when I click.

I'm on Vista.
 

Fugu23

Regular
Thing with that is, Ragnar, it usually freezes up or runs extremely slow if your map is over 1000x1000 units.

Thogrim's map editor isn't that great a program, truth be told. I'm sure if someone opened up the code for the import feature the problem could be solved and the map editor reuploaded.
 
Ragnar Lodbrok said:
€hr¡s said:
I know this should probably go into Unofficial Editing Tools but it's dead there and I need help now and not in the next 4 months.

I have my heightmap and color map set up exactly how they should. My color map has the -c at the end and the colors match up exactly with the editor. When I go to Import them I see them right there and I can click on them. I go to click on my color map to import it and the menu closes but nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. It doesn't even slow down or freeze like it usually does when I do something big. It's as if I never tried to Import anything. It does the same thing with my heightmap too. I've tried everything I could think of to get it working but nothing helps. I can't even Export anything. When I go to Export it just takes a screenshot of that I'm looking at and the Export menu. I need some serious help with this.

If it helps to know I'm running on Windows 7 Build 7600 but everything else in the editor works as it should so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I couldn't import maps too. My problem was that the Map Editor was too slow and nothing happens when I click.

I'm on Vista.

I have the same prob. Same type of computer.

Fugu23 said:
Thing with that is, Ragnar, it usually freezes up or runs extremely slow if your map is over 1000x1000 units.

Thogrim's map editor isn't that great a program, truth be told. I'm sure if someone opened up the code for the import feature the problem could be solved and the map editor reuploaded.

Ya, could be. I once tried to make a large map (over 1000 units) so maybe thats the problem.
 

Malnedra

Recruit
Here's a bit of info that can help you....  importing the color map  (  map-c.bmp )  doesn't seem to have many problems...  Importing the Heightmap....  That part is really screwed up...  But try this: Heightmaps are generally grayscale.  Thorgrims's map editor does not.  It might supposed to, but it uses a , for lack of a better word, greenscale.  This is also how it handles the color map... I assume he screwed up some code at some point but that how I have been trying to get it to work...

Malnedra
 

DeadlyCheeze

Recruit
€hr¡s said:
I know this should probably go into Unofficial Editing Tools but it's dead there and I need help now and not in the next 4 months.

I have my heightmap and color map set up exactly how they should. My color map has the -c at the end and the colors match up exactly with the editor. When I go to Import them I see them right there and I can click on them. I go to click on my color map to import it and the menu closes but nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. It doesn't even slow down or freeze like it usually does when I do something big. It's as if I never tried to Import anything. It does the same thing with my heightmap too. I've tried everything I could think of to get it working but nothing helps. I can't even Export anything. When I go to Export it just takes a screenshot of that I'm looking at and the Export menu. I need some serious help with this.

If it helps to know I'm running on Windows 7 Build 7600 but everything else in the editor works as it should so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I may have figured it out, the -c.bmp file you need to import needs to be in 24bit resolution. I was having the same problem until I exported the native colour map and compared its properties with my created map just to see what the difference was. I went back into gimp, exported it as 24 bit, tried again, and it worked!
 
Top Bottom