Can you recruit from enemy villages?

Users who are viewing this thread

My apologies if this is not the proper place to post this but I did not see a place to ask general noob questions. I have searched the internet and cannot find an answer. Can you recruit troops from enemy villages if you have enough reputation with them as in M&BWB?

My apologies if this is not the proper place to post this but I did not see a place to ask general noob questions. I have searched the internet and cannot find an answer. Can you recruit troops from enemy villages if you have enough reputation with them as in M&BWB?
Yes, if you have a good relationship.
Yes, if you have the combat tips perk from leadership as Ananda mentioned and the village is your own culture.

I think being in war just shaves off one tier of pontential recruits.

But mostly you will just use forced recruitment as the angry pancake mentioned.

Yes. Good relations and perks and all that let you do so. Another thing I'll add is that notables can die and be replaced by someone new, so don't be surprised when you suddenly can't recruit from the same village anymore because your friendly notables have died.

One of many reason why I play with settings death disabled:smile:
I am afraid that does not necessarily help. They dont die randomly. The number of notables is related to the prosperity-hearth. If it change enough in either direction then a notable will eventually appear/disappear. That happens with death disabled too.

However, I dont know if they might die of old age or something and then get replaced with a younger version with whom you have no relationship.

Yes you can if you have good relations.
I like that feature for the player But its a problem when the AI is doing it. Makes raiding villages completely pointless.
Its fine if the AI lords could only recruit troops from their faction OR the villages that have been occupied by the enemy but they originally belong to their faction.

Yes. Good relations and perks and all that let you do so. Another thing I'll add is that notables can die and be replaced by someone new, so don't be surprised when you suddenly can't recruit from the same village anymore because your friendly notables have died.
To add on, if a notable actually dies they will be replaced by a family member and will have you relations in tact still. If the notable is "Lost" due to having too low of power for too long then a new one is not added immediately, but can spawn with a daily chance depending on a bunch of convoluted nonsense (too me), which if they do, will be a new notable-clan with a clean slate..... at least I hope, if the game were to also assign them relations with AI clans it may then also hate you for executing one of them or such, not sure.

I am afraid that does not necessarily help. They dont die randomly. The number of notables is related to the prosperity-hearth. If it change enough in either direction then a notable will eventually appear/disappear. That happens with death disabled too.

However, I dont know if they might die of old age or something and then get replaced with a younger version with whom you have no relationship.
They get replaced with a family member after death, so the relations are inherited. That doesn't apply in cases when they go poof, however.

Back
Top Bottom