Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had these show up in red in the lower left hand corner of the "initializing" screen, the one with the red progress bar at the bottom, while "loading textures":
WARNING: Unable to find material ground_rocks_a
WARNING: Unable to find material silk
WARNING: Unable to find material silk

The first time this happened, the long load time freaked me out, so I "end task"ed the game and re-installed. Still the same warnings.

Read about the long load times, so waited it out and started a new game, chose "no one" and spawned in an empty, flat field w/ the bandit whacking on me. I managed to kill him, merchant showed up, house is OK. Location is Valencia ... er ... TOLEDO. Saved and quit so I could post this. I started in Spain! "NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!" :grin: Looks very nice! I'm going back to it. Hope this helps.

Well, another round. Sorry if these have already been addressed.

351h4wy.jpg
2mhcwph.jpg
b8u16p.jpg

The siege from Verikiay Novokod ( :?: or something, the russian city, who comes up with these names anyway..) is bugged, when defending the AI won't use the ladders, the siege takes for ever! You made a path for that one?
The heavy bardiche with 101 reach also does 44piercing damage, should be cutting right?

All for now,

Arbor said:
Well, another round. Sorry if these have already been addressed.

Now I know what the missing rock_a does. Thanks. Haven't seen those others, but I'm still pretty early on.  :wink:

My FPS on the main map is usually between 1-5 fps ... ALL THOSE LORDS MILLING AROUND!!!  :shock:
I'm guessing it's not having all the castles in place. I hope performance improves. Ran a couple of quests, and nothing that just breaks. Although the mod did crash on "save & exit". This could easily be a GPU / chipset overheat. I'd been playing non-stop for 2.5 hrs.

Othr, just beautiful! Take your time, and thanks so much!  :grin:

Remember that WB is one of those games that seem to decrease a lot performance-wise after a few hours of playing, especially if you reload save games a lot. Restarting the game by exiting to Windows will flush the memory and the game will run normally again.

Another bug, if you ask the tavern keeper about getting companions, if you have a lot of companions, or all of them, I'm not sure, it zooms in on your character and asks what the button says, but you can't do anything after that. It doesn't progress on, and freezes. Have to alt-f4 to get out of it.

Had various bugs already (my first time with this mod 0.94v4 patch) including interior design in taverns, missing towns (its a field instead) and many names are wrong at various points. 

Its an amazing mod, some people truely startle me with their ability to do things like this and this is an incredible accomplishment.  However I think its just way too much for the game design itself to cope with.  The campaign map runs so slowly it is practically unplayable and I don't want to think about how long it must be going to take you to name every lord in the land so its not Knight 26 14 captures somewhere.

Also the map itself has a lot of square corners and unfinished coastlines and a few entire missing textures.  Sadly lowering the graphics does not help speed things up as its simply the amount that is happening that is killing the system.  You've just done too much good stuff!!!

hi honourful othr!!!
hi guys!

I have some "bugs" too:

-first of all, since patch 4, I have a hell of loading time when initially starting a game. (like 5 minutes)

-then it is lagging a lot on the campaign map as well. my quad core seems not to be used. only one of the core's is used somehow.

-all the northern HRE cities have now arena. instead you will be located in fields and two guys are fighting each other. no tourney-master is around.

-I guess this is no bug: my fief gives me 0 income!??

-some taverns(also in northern HRE cities) seem to be missing. the player starts in the top of a room besides the tavern keeper, downstairs there are some mercenaries and npc's etc. but everything is dark and doesnt look like a tavern

-I also still think troop wages are too high. the only way field a bigger group of men is to visit one tourney after the other.
but I guess this is on purpose!?

...well, I have to add that all these "bugs" occured in patch4.
I just made it to start p4 and now p5 is there already!
:grin:
looking forward to install this tonight!

Might have done something wrong with installing .5, cause now my game crashes on loading screen giving me a RGL error -->

Unable to open file: CommonRes/fur_armors_a.brf

I got this message on 1.113
Unnable to open file: CommonRes/fur_armors_a.brf

I tried this mod on 1.124 and the loading phase goes quite well but when i press new game button the game freezes at Launching game phase((((

Can someone please help?

Neldril said:
I got this message on 1.113
Unnable to open file: CommonRes/fur_armors_a.brf

I tried this mod on 1.124 and the loading phase goes quite well but when i press new game button the game freezes at Launching game phase((((

Can someone please help?
Hmm ... Don´t know if this is the same case ...but if you wait about 3-5 Minutes ...the game will just speed up and work....
But it was posted here for a million times ....so Don´t think it´s a same thing ... isn´t it? :grin:

I will keep updating this post.

*Bugs*

Tunis, Alexandria, Cairo tourney is bugged - invisible walls

Tunis, Valencia, Cairo, Alexandria tavern scene is bugged

Granada has a desert town scene with palm trees. Never been to the south of Spain, but i'm not sure if it's that desert-like. The map also shows the whole peninsula as green (as in green with vegetation).

Banded armor, cuir bouilli, gauntlets are still available for sale

*Oddities*

Very poor selection of horses; quite often the stock only offers very expensive war horses

Heavy 1-handed morningstar requires more str than regular 2-handed morningstar 

Tourneys have random participants like slavs fighting in North Africa

Looters are still naked (native issue)

*Nitpicks*

Some shields have overly elaborate patterns (come directly from banners). Renaissance saw shields used as artistic display, very much doubt the existence of highly decorated shields used in combat in 13th century though.

Some of the Arabic soldiers have an extremely pale complexion (native issue).

Some of the colors are overly bright. I do not claim that to be either unrealistic or unhistorical, and I know many people do not have a problem with that. I just think those look odd with gritty MB palette.

Hey there.

I've just played the newest version of your great mod. Here are some buggging things, I found on first sight while playing as a vassal to th Pope(in chronological order):

1.) Some of the white crosses on my (other than that brilliantly looking) surcoat are blended over the mail.

2.) The Icon representing my party on the main map seems somehow shrinked. That makes it very hard to spot parties - especially looters.

3.) The (tutorial) mission in which the Merchant of Rome askes me to clear Rome of the bandits couldn't be completed. There seemed to be an enemy somewhere out of the reach of my forces. Maybe that's a routing problem or a problem with the locations of some building.

4.) There was a rea Harem of beautiful women, when I entered the Popes throne room. I questioned the ladies and they all seemed to be relatives to some Amir or another. So maybe they are linked the wrong court somehow.

5.) Not a bug at all, but a thing to be optimized in my view: I met a German Lord called "Henry the III. the Kind, Duke of Brabant" or something like that. Wouldn't it be nicer to leave out the numeration in this and similar cases? Because the surname "the Kind" already specifies his persona.

6.) In battle scenes his shield goes right through my characters legs and horse. That doesn't look right at all.
That's about it thus far. I'm off to the World Cup. :wink:

I've installed the patch 0.5 and the game crashed said me cannot open fur armor brf!!!!!pleaseeee help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom