Books

Users who are viewing this thread

Rafa911

Regular
Books should be implemented
There should be a book that you give it to your companions and after a while they get perks reset, so you can re-destribute the points

There should be a book that you give it to your companions and after a while they get perks reset, so you can re-destribute the points
I like the idea, was present (in different ways) in a lot of great Warband mods too.
It should also be really easy to implement.

Yes books should make a come back, really enjoyed them in Warband and they would make a nice addition to bannerlord. It would be interesting to see how they would be implemented, probably would add focus points or boost certain attributes like Intelligence, Social, or Cunning.

In this time period in Calradia, people don't read.
You can see people reading books in town scenes.
Agreed, would be a good way of being able to pay to level up a certain skill (to an extent) without having to actually grind it.
Taleworlds is adding a way to respec perks for the player. It could possibly extend to companions also.

It's just another thing that would make the game have a little more depth ... but I doubt TW will ever do it.

I suspect books will be a mod.

It was necessary that everyone knew how to read, being realistic at that time illiteracy should be around 90%, maybe a little less in the Empire, but it didn't spoil the immersion either, we were going to assume that besides ourselves, all our companions were literate to. And there could be guilds or academies where you can acquire skills or perks.

5spseu.jpg

+1 for books. I wouldnt mind a bit of P2W for skills.

You could have the same Warband system for either keeping the Book with you or needing to read it over time. Though the inventory part is less of a hinderence now.

Would like to see books that gave direct Skill points (20 a pop with a decrease % at different levels), or more generic books that either gave a specific Skill FP or a specific Attribute Point

Yet another WB feature that was cast aside...shame.
It would be great if they'd add some books/book salesmen, and perhaps also expand the crafting skill so that it would enable you to craft things beyond weapons with the right perk (e.g. Scribing for books).

You could have the same Warband system for either keeping the Book with you or needing to read it over time. Though the inventory part is less of a hinderence now.
I'd be happy enough if they cut out the part of needing to select a single book to read (for simplification purposes), and all books simply provided skill XP each day while they were in the inventory, until they had been 100% read.

Honestly I never liked how books worked in WB.

I´d like a PT(personal trainer) mechanism for improving adult skills.
1. A teacher and pupil is selected. One of them must be the player and both must be in player party. Only 1 PT relation at the time
2. An attribute is selected(Vigor, Control etc..)
3. On daily tick, pupil get´s base XP in all 3 skills of the selected attribut based on teacher attribute level, skill, Inelligense and Social(Ability to educate and catch pupil attention)
4. Base XP is modified by skill differense(the lower differense, the lower XP) and pupil modification

Court teacher(Governor or noble) for improving teenager skills
1. A non-partyleader clanmember is assigned to improve the skills of all children with same "mentor"- type selected in background.
2. On daily tick, pupils get´s base XP in all pre-defined associated skills based on teacher skill, Intelligense and Social(Ability to educate and catch pupil attention)
3. Base XP is modified by up to pupil modification(Can randomly be much lower!)

Squire
1. A partyleading clanmember(includes caravandrivers) is assigned to teach his best 2 attributes(Where is has most skill-points in total)
2. A teenager clanmember child is added to the party(Not physically on battlefields but visible on party rooster for immersion!)
3. On daily tick, pupil get´s base XP in all 6 skills of the selected attributes based on teacher attribute level, skill, Inelligense and Social(Ability to educate and catch pupil attention)
4. Base XP is modified by up to pupil modification(Can randomly be much lower!)

Back
Top Bottom