Body-Head Color Tone Mismatch

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello. I am having a problem. I used a face changer and body changer mod. They are working good seperately. But there is a colour difference between of them. When I change faces, body colours are changing also. But there is a tone difference between of them. I thought I could change the code of body colours for each face but I can not understand this part. I downloaded module_skins.py to understand the part I need to change. The related part of module_skins.py is this:

"woman", skf_use_morph_key_10,
"woman_body", "woman_calf_l", "f_handL",
"female_head", woman_face_keys,
["woman_hair_p","woman_hair_n","woman_hair_o","woman_hair_q","woman_hair_r","woman_hair_t","woman_hair_s"], #woman_hair_meshes
# ["woman_hair_a","woman_hair_b","woman_hair_c","woman_hair_d","woman_hair_e","woman_hair_f","woman_hair_g"], #woman_hair_meshes
[],
["hair_blonde", "hair_red", "hair_brunette", "hair_black", "hair_white"], #hair textures
[],
[("womanface_young",0xffe3e8ef,["hair_blonde"],[0xffffffff, 0xffb04717, 0xff502a19, 0xff19100c]),
("womanface_b",0xffdfdfdf,["hair_blonde"],[0xffa5481f, 0xff502a19, 0xff19100c, 0xff0c0d19]),
("womanface_a",0xffe8dfe5,["hair_blonde"],[0xff502a19, 0xff19100c, 0xff0c0d19]),
("womanface_brown",0xffaf9f7e,["hair_blonde"],[0xff19100c, 0xff0c0d19, 0xff007080c]),
("womanface_african",0xff808080,["hair_blonde"],[0xff120808, 0xff007080c]),
# ("womanface_midage",0xffe5eaf0,["hair_black","hair_brunette","hair_red","hair_white"],[0xffffcded, 0xffbbcded, 0xff99eebb]),
],#woman_face_textures
[(voice_die,"snd_woman_die"),(voice_hit,"snd_woman_hit"),(voice_yell,"snd_woman_yell")], #voice sounds
"skel_human", 1.0,
psys_game_blood,psys_game_blood_2,

I checked these colour codes on websites but none of them seems like the body colours of the specific faces. Second parts seem like they're hair colours. I searched the forum with every possible keywords but there aren't any topics related to my issue. If somebody helps I would be thankful. Sorry about my english. It's not my native language.

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for the answer. But the problem is, I already checked the first hex colour codes that you made pink. The blue ones which you mentioned to hair, they are hair colours but the first ones are weird blue, green, grey etc. For example this one ''e3e8ef'' is a weird tone of blue. There are no human skin colours that way in the game.

As I understand it, the color of the skin is a combination of the texture (check in body_meshes.brf what the .dds looks like) and the color indicated in the skins.py (that hex code). Try editing that code and see how that affects the skin color
I've read something about this in the forums, although I can't find the thread.

("womanface_young",0xffe3e8ef,["hair_blonde"],[0xffffffff, 0xffb04717, 0xff502a19, 0xff19100c]),

This would be used as a tint that is applied to the skin texture of the mesh, although I haven't messed with that so I'm not sure how it works.

This is used to determine the hair colors. First two are for the hair color when the slider is on the left and the last two are for the slider on the right. I've added some "skins" and changed these so I can confirm.

You might try to change this to different values and se how that works. Good luck.

Upvote 0
I've read something about this in the forums, although I can't find the thread.

("womanface_young",0xffe3e8ef,["hair_blonde"],[0xffffffff, 0xffb04717, 0xff502a19, 0xff19100c]),

This would be used as a tint that is applied to the skin texture of the mesh, although I haven't messed with that so I'm not sure how it works.

This is used to determine the hair colors. First two are for the hair color when the slider is on the left and the last two are for the slider on the right. I've added some "skins" and changed these so I can confirm.

You might try to change this to different values and se how that works. Good luck.

Thanks for the answer. But the problem is, I already checked the first hex colour codes that you made pink. The blue ones which you mentioned to hair, they are hair colours but the first ones are weird blue, green, grey etc. For example this one ''e3e8ef'' is a weird tone of blue. There are no human skin colours that way in the game.

Upvote 0

As I understand it, the color of the skin is a combination of the texture (check in body_meshes.brf what the .dds looks like) and the color indicated in the skins.py (that hex code). Try editing that code and see how that affects the skin color

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you. I guess I'll have to play around these two you mentioned. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom