[BladeCast] OE vs wK | NA Grand Finals Preview

Users who are viewing this thread

5620582193_07207bc789_o.png

BLADECAST TV: MATCH PREVIEW

ONE EYED vs. WEST KNIGHTS
The Rising Insurgence Versus The Old Kings

Many teams have fought long and hard in the regular season. They have all won many games and they have also faced losses this season, but only two teams have emerged to make it to the finals and these two teams are ready to claim their title of WPL 2 Champion. We're of course talking about One Eyed and West Knights.

wK and OE faced off against each other twice in the regular season and OE came away with the victory both times, with 11-8 and 9-5 victories over wK. Is this a sign of things to come? OE is clearly performing up to par, as they have beaten wK twice. wK will have to do well to not let this loom over them in their upcoming match. What events will unfold in this epic match with the rivalry that has been birthed?

WEST KNIGHTS

TEAM PRESENTATION

Starting off with wK, they've had a good regular season with a respectable 5-2 record. wK then advanced to the quarter-finals where they were barely able to skim by Beansboys in a close 8-7 victory. Then moving onto Semi-finals they beat tK with a fairly clear win of 11-5. Making it to the finals, wK is looking to add another trophy to their already full case.

Strengths - As being one of the oldest clans, what wK has over OE is experience in a finals setting. They have had multiple tournament victories and are not newcomers to the pressure that finals bring. They are still one of the best clans to ever exist in the scene and they always put out formidable tournament teams. It is also no secret that wK has very strong archers as always, with Lagstro, Achilles and Robert raining down hell. This dynamic archer trio will be an absolute strength to wK in this match.

Weaknesses -  It is known that wK has admitted to having less than pristine infantry this tournament. They have surely felt a lack of Oodle's presence in wK throughout this season and with others like PPK being inactive, they have not been able to go toe to toe with very many teams on Infantry this tournament.

ONE EYED

TEAM PRESENTATION

OE has had a very impressive regular season record of 6-1, winning the regular season. After they made it to the quarter-finals they won decisively against Rynwulf 12-2. Then in the Semi-finals, they beat No Team For Old Players in another clear win of 10-3. Now they are in the finals, thirsty for the crown.

Strengths - Being a newer team, OE could possibly have what could be considered an advantage and that is, the fresh mindset that comes with being a new team. This may allow them to flow with different strategies and team comps a bit easier than wK, but we will have to see.  It is no secret that OE has a strong infantry core with players like Oodle, Arys and Vorn. This squad of Inf has proven that they can go toe to toe with the best in the scene. OEs Infantry is definitely one of their strongest assets.

Weaknesses - OE is new to the finals setting and this could be a weakness. It can be stressful to play in a finals match for the first time. However, they have many experienced players like Sota and Can, so this may not be as big of a factor as some might think.

BLADECAST GOLDEN NINE

pcgkj.png
WILYSLY
Where to begin with the most experienced caller in the tournament. Wily has been the silent driving force and mastermind behind wK’s success for its existence. While players like Vinny or Lagstro have been shining for years, Wily was always there to show them the path to victory. As one of NAs most successful callers, Wily's charisma and leadership will be highly impactful in this match as will his cav play. It would be mental to think that this old dog doesn’t have a couple tricks left up his sleeve in this finals match.
snjmy.png
LAGSTRO
As one of the most lethal archers the NA Warband community has ever seen. It doesn’t take much investigating to understand Lag's capabilities and impact to wK’s success over the years. Despite being away for some time between the seasons, the friendly Mexican is looking on point with his shots. If Lag's shots are on point they will literally cause game changing outcomes in the match. He is arguably in the best shape he’s been in for a finals match in a long time.
pcgkj.png
ACHILLES
Then we have the so-called “Shadow” that will be there for the match. He has an excellent instinct of positioning as an archer and with his pro dodging ability, it is no surprise that he is one of the best in NA. Achilles, in addition to being a great shot, also has one of the highest clutch potentials that has ever been seen in this game. If you don’t believe me, go watch the match between TMW and wK during the WPL and you will be a believer.
cdxlw.png
VINNYPOOH
The OG Memelord has decided to bless us with his presence for the finals. Besides the memes, this pooh bear is looking as good as ever and he will be a major driving force for wK both with his javs on the closed map, and his undeniable skill on the open map. He is considered by many, one of the best cav in the scene and if there was one player that will go off this scrim, I’d put my money on Vinny any day.
pcgkj.png
CALAMITY
Despite people thinking that Calamity is lacking the mechanical skill he certainly had in the past, due to inactivity, there is no doubt that he will play solid on the open map. Underestimating Cal would be a huge mistake for OE cav if they try to go for straight up Cav v Cav fights. Keep an eye out for Calamity’s great lance plays and constant harass of the enemy teams cav and archers. What Cal might lack with some rust, he will make up for with his extensive Warband experience.
pcgkj.png
CRU
My boy Cru is one the best players to shine after WPL 1. For the WPL 1 finals, he was undoubtedly the driving force behind KoB’s open map, despite the fact that it was his first finals match ever. In WPL 2, Cru has one of the best Cav KDRs in the tournament and has done well on any team he is on. The more you watch this guy play, the more you will understand why he is so good at what he does, especially on open maps. Cru’s chilling calmness, well-deserved self-confidence, and memes will be a carrying force for wK, as it has been for the whole season.
nsqls.png
CRADOC
The most reliable infantry player of wK will be looking to remind us that there is more to this game than flashy weaving plays or double spams. Cradoc’s knowledge and experience at what he does will certainly be put to test by OE’s infantry squad. On the closed map he will be wK’s bloodline to stopping cav and on the open map if chosen, surprise the uneducated with his solid cav plays. He is certainly an underestimated player and one of the smartest players in the scene and he will be a key for wK to win this match.
pcgkj.png
PPK157
P has been one of the most influential infantry players over the years with his constant success and flashy plays. His signature style of not buying a helmet (possibly acquired from BkS) has created a sensation throughout the ages. This has created a huge following of people that have no idea what they’re doing, they avoid buying helmets simply because he does it. IF he practices and shows up to the scrim, I expect P to be at the helm of the wK infantry squad despite having lost his old duo partner Oodle. If he shakes off the rust, P will be a driving force for wK.
nsqls.png
JUVE
Juve is arguably the only player in the NA community that can truly play all 3 classes at a competitive level. He has always been an ace player to have throughout the seasons and as one of the oldest players, Juve has extensive experience, filling whatever role is necessary. His plays on inf will be a great addition to the knights of the west as they need every infantry player there this week to secure rounds before moving on to the open map. Juve will no doubt be an important player in this match.

[td]​

[td]

BLADECAST GOLDEN NINE

pcgkj.png
ARYS
As the captain of the OE team, Arys will be key to how they perform throughout this match, especially on the closed map. Arys is known mostly for his tournament adminship and ability to gather sponsors. However, these are not his only strengths. He has also been performing very solid in this tournament not only as infantry but also as cav. His ability to keep his team together, keep morale high and play off of other players makes him one of the best team fighting infantry in NA.
nsqls.png
OODLE
Considered one of the best infantry in the game around the world, Oodle's presence will key to OEs infantry core and their morale. As a former key of wKs infantry squad, Oodle is a key component to any team he is on. Between his mechanics, 1v1 skills and his ability to get TONS of kills for his team, he is basically the Warband definition of an infantry carry. It is no surprise that he is one of NAs best infantry and a key to OEs success.
czpnv.png
CAN
As one of the best Javelin Cavalry in NA, Can will be key to this match. He has an excellent grasp of how maps are played and always has good input for whoever is calling. His presence with javs and lance will be a powerful combination of cancer for the wK team to deal with. Keep an eye out for this veteran’s flashy lance v lance chambers and early deaths. Can's Cav vs Cav ability and his capacity to help in the Inf fight will be key for OE to do well in this matchup.
pcgkj.png
MATTHEW
MattyIce is not new to Warband, however, he is one of the newer archers that people have noticed coming up for a couple years now. He has a wicked shot and can hold his own in melee. He is always learning new things from some of the best players in the community and has been looking on point as of late. He also has a good ability to communicate during crucial moments, which provides him with a spot amongst the top NA archers.
pcgkj.png
GORLOCK
The King is dead, Long Live the King! The NA Warband community has seen some serious memers over the years, but NEVER like this. The amount of fuel Gorlock gets from the memes is on a level that has never been seen before. He is one of the newer players on the scene, he started off as an Infantry main that turned cavalry after observations by his teammates. He has proven himself to be a mechanically skilled cavalry player. Gorlock and his master Can work well together and they have been a huge key to OE's success. With his impressive KDR and his ability to carry OE in some tough rounds, Gorlock has learned fast and will be a strong key for OE. This will be the perfect opportunity for Gorlock to show if the horns have outgrown the ears for OE’s cav.
pcgkj.png
VORN
Despite being considered OE’s second best inf, Vorn is pretty much as good as Oodle in Inf fights. His spear inf will be a huge driving force in stopping the influence of wK cav in the finals, regardless of the map being open or closed. He may have been first known as a huge troll, however, his mechanical ability in the game is phenomenal. Vorn usually surprises people with how well he can play, especially on the closed map. He does an excellent job of protecting his team and he has high killing capacity. Vorn will certainly be another key player in this match.
sjgzm.png
SOTAMURSU
As one of the most experienced and knowledgeable players on the OE team, Sota is helpful to the OE strategic department with his mastermind plans. His insight from winning countless tournaments on various teams and historic plays will be another defining factor for the fate of this match. Even though Sota has high ping, it would be catastrophic for wK to underestimate the influence of this Fin during the match.
pcgkj.png
INSANE
The only reason Insane wouldn’t start in a couple sets this match would be due to the lack of his commitment to the team early during the season. That being said, the well-known stud has come out of the shadows and has been practicing relentlessly to get his former self back. It will be interesting to see how Insane will match against the wK cav, as OE needs some big cavalry plays to secure rounds in Reveran village.
pcgkj.png
PRIME
Usually overshadowed by some of the other infantry on OE, Prime_Q is definitely an underestimated player. He is good at spear infantry and is skilled at 1v1. His group fighting ability is on par with the rest of his team. Perhaps his best quality is that he is a very communicative player and is good at feeding his team information, a task which a lot of players cannot execute in important matches. He also has a good sense of humor and constructive comments, which can be helpful to boost morale. Prime will be a good asset to his team in this match.
[/td]​

[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td]​

CONCLUSION

There are so many factors that go into a Mount & Blade: Warband match, but that is what makes it so great. Regardless of who wins, each team has performed very well in this tournament and no doubt that they will continue this trend in the future. Both of these teams have their strengths and weaknesses and each of them wants the grand prize of 1500$. They both want North American bragging rights, but who will walk away with the win at the end of the day? The trumpets of war are sounding and the WPL 2 NA Finals are nearly here. OE and wK are about the clash one last time, so grab your popcorn, get a cold drink and tune into BladeCast_TV this Sunday @ 9pm EST to see the epic conclusion!

MATCH BROUGHT TO YOU BY @BLADECAST_TV, ARTICLE WRITTEN BY @JOHNWARBAND AND CAN, DESIGN BY SCAR
[/td]

[td]
[/td][/tr]

Excellent work gentlemen, but where are those RPs you were so good at writting John?! Surely it would add up your little personal touch to this article which is already great. :wink:

Good job John, these have been fun to read. I also like that OE's biggest weakness and strength is their newness.  :lol:

My attempt at predicting the score. Hopefully I have a correct understanding of the maps and factions.

Nord Town:
OE Nords 3 - 1 wK Nids
OE Nids 2 - 3 wK Nords

Ruins:
OE Rhods 0 - 3 wK Swadia
OE Swadia 3 - 1 wK Rhods

Tiebreaker:
One of the teams loses the first set 0-3, wins one round in the next set to give fans hope and then gets crushed 1-3.

OE MvPs: Oodle, Gorlock
wK MvPs: Lagsteo, Cru

I want to say thank you to Can for helping with the player previews and infusing his memes.

Then I want to thank Scar for formatting these walls of text into a beautiful arrangement for everyone to read.

And thank you for all the kind words from everyone, it's a pleasure to write them.

@ Tardet, be on the lookout!

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Good job John, these have been fun to read. I also like that OE's biggest weakness and strength is their newness.  :lol:

My attempt at predicting the score. Hopefully I have a correct understanding of the maps and factions.

Nord Town:
OE Nords 3 - 1 wK Nids
OE Nids 2 - 3 wK Nords

Ruins:
OE Rhods 0 - 3 wK Swadia
OE Swadia 3 - 1 wK Rhods

Tiebreaker:
One of the teams loses the first set 0-3, wins one round in the next set to give fans hope and then gets crushed 1-3.

OE MvPs: Oodle, Gorlock
wK MvPs: Lagsteo, Cru

MVP GORLOCK??

THE END OF THE WHEEL

SNEAK PEEK OF "Arys: A Brief History"

I knew this day would come.

When Arys was but a babe I took him to the village seer. This seer told me that Arys was destined to do two things: To both break my heart and then to bind those once putrid wounds with a salve of glorious victory. I didn't understand then, and only now do I come to realize what the old man meant. Arys is being of destiny.

bCFPpG4.jpg

Full Youtube Drama to be released tomorrow at 8:00 PM EST!

ClockWise said:
SNEAK PEEK OF "Arys: A Brief History"

I knew this day would come.

When Arys was but a babe I took him to the village seer. This seer told me that Arys was destined to do two things: To both break my heart and then to bind those once putrid wounds with a salve of glorious victory. I didn't understand then, and only now do I come to realize what the old man meant. Arys is being of destiny.

bCFPpG4.jpg

Full Youtube Drama to be released tomorrow at 7:00 PM EST!

hype

Back
Top Bottom