[BL] Warbanner - Bringing Warband to Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't think i will stick to native, but a hybrid system would benefit the game greatly if it offers more possibilities.

But i have seen countless of suggestions for it and honestly, i don't have a single amount of hope left for taleworlds to decide and revamp the class system to benefit both the playerbases
Well I'll make my case later about how I think TW are gonna go with it. Kudos to you though and everyone in this thread. If you don't like the game - make your own game! (or mod in this case).

tenor.png

It's gonna be so aids if every mp mod has vastly different combat
Highly likely that the "native" community just picks one and rolls with it. Thats why its so important for the community to work together and create one which caters to the widest competitive audience. Sure the niche CRPG and PW type mods will have their own balance, but that is expected when they will represent vastly different genres of game. If PW had the same balance as native warband it would have been extremely terrible. I remember that a server once experimented with native health values and it was an archer apocalypse. Marquis and I were in heaven. Could literally 1 shot headshot full tin from across the map.

Wow the thing we said would happen if multiplayer didn’t have some of the features we asked for is happening because multiplayer doesn’t have the features we asked for.
Be afraid Taleworlds, this is how you lose complete control over your matchmaking and any chances of the competitive scene being conducted on the vanilla combat system. Sad!

Be afraid Taleworlds, this is how you lose complete control over your matchmaking and any chances of the competitive scene being conducted on the vanilla combat system. Sad!
True the game can't have a good comp scene , if there is 6 combat mods with the whole player base split between them

True the game can't have a good comp scene , if there is 6 combat mods with the whole player base split between them
Highly likely that the "native" community just picks one and rolls with it. Thats why its so important for the community to work together and create one which caters to the widest competitive audience. Sure the niche CRPG and PW type mods will have their own balance,

I am sure 95% of the MP modders will want the Warband system, so once the word gets out you should have lots of help.

I myself am impatiently waiting for mods, but the sad thing about modders fixing the game is that new players will be turned off by the Native and won't even bother looking for the mods.

I am sure 95% of the MP modders will want the Warband system, so once the word gets out you should have lots of help.

I myself am impatiently waiting for mods, but the sad thing about modders fixing the game is that new players will be turned off by the Native and won't even bother looking for the mods.

I guess we could make an OSP release when the time comes to avoid that, so people can integrate the base combat and multiplayer to their own projects if they want to. The new plug-and-play system makes it very easy.

You can't really stop Native from getting old and boring - people will eventually turn to mods - except those in competitive scene and maybe some MP communities.

Not yet. This is just a discussion thread. And yes, don't be the bad guy please.

Quite frankly I don't think tis project will be needed by the time BL is mostly finished :grin:

Quite frankly most of us think you are wrong. I had your optimism when I was invited to alpha, but I’ve realized that the current state of things is just unfixable without a complete redesign of every decision Taleworlds made. The class system, skirmish as a game mode and the queue system for siege all need to be completely removed and replaced with better alternatives, and we know damn well that Taleworlds won’t do that. As such, this mod needs to exist for the multiplayer to have any chance at longevity.

Quite frankly most of us think you are wrong. I had your optimism when I was invited to alpha, but I’ve realized that the current state of things is just unfixable without a complete redesign of every decision Taleworlds made. The class system, skirmish as a game mode and the queue system for siege all need to be completely removed and replaced with better alternatives, and we know damn well that Taleworlds won’t do that. As such, this mod needs to exist for the multiplayer to have any chance at longevity.
But you know a battle mode is coming and you know custom servers are coming... there is nothing wrong wih the queue system for official games as long as it gets a rating MMR - which it is. Once again it is just the class system; I just... cannot fathom why people care so much.

I must have played (without a hint of exaggeration) 100+ MP mods across my 10+ years of warband. So many different ways of playing the game, so many interpretations of how equipment is chosen; across them all not once did I think "oh this way of choosing my equipment puts me off the game".... instead I cared about balance, combat, features, game modes... literally everything BUT how I chose my equipment...

Look there isn't any point aruging about it - obviously it means a lot to you guys.. but you have to understand why it so frustrating to me... it''s like hearing people hate the game because Vlandias colour is the wrong shade of red....

Still I think this off-shoot mod is the best idea; it will finally settle the issue once and for all.

Last edited:
But you know a battle mode is coming and you know custom servers are coming... there is nothing wrong wih the queue system for official games as long as it gets a rating MMR - which it is. Once again it is just the class system; I just... cannot fathom why people care so much.

The queue is completely fine (and would actually be quite nice if there were more people and a proper MMR system) for captain mode and skirmish, but makes absolutely no sense for siege. Needing 60+ players in order to even start a siege game is a primary cause for why siege is unplayable when you consider that the higher pop is contributing to the server crashes. It makes no sense for a casual gamemode to be in the queue. I cannot think of a single benefit because there isnt one.

The queue is completely fine (and would actually be quite nice if there were more people and a proper MMR system) for captain mode and skirmish, but makes absolutely no sense for siege. Needing 60+ players in order to even start a siege game is a primary cause for why siege is unplayable when you consider that the higher pop is contributing to the server crashes. It makes no sense for a casual gamemode to be in the queue. I cannot think of a single benefit because there isnt one.
I can join siege with friends and be guaranteed to get on the same team and when I join a siege game it will be from the start of the game not the end? That's a pretty big benefit - but it doesn't matter. There will be custom siege servers... if you don't like queue siege don't play it.

I think you play on NA don't you? But on EU I never fail to join a siege game and it's by far my favourite mode.

Back
Top Bottom