Best Weapons for Heroes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Personally I like Crossbow + staff + shield and crossbow or bow + lance + two hander, on the initial charge they'll  get in some shots with the (cross)bow, taking advantage of the enemies running into the arrows, then they'll pull out their polearm and joust a view people. If they get de-horsed then 1: staff can be used without shield for some long-ranged meleeing goodness or 2: lance can be switched to twohander (preferably lethal)

On the staff side when de-horsed the dude will half a nice range melee weapon, but it will be low damage also however this set up has a shield (perferably a large coverage one, as it will be for while horsed to help with projectiles) Also with this set up, your hero will be focusing on polearm somewhat while horsed, and polearm while dehorsed, where the lance set up has it's proficiencies split with the twohander.
On the lance side we have a twohander, which has slightly less range then the staff, but packs a punch

But then again, these are more late game. If the hero doesn't have a horse, nothing is going to beat shield + sword mixed with a range weapon or two

NOTE: this also depends on the armor you give your heroes

on horse great lance is great. On foot crossbow and a 2h weapon. Because, lancing and crossbows doesn't require any skill, only proficiency.  So you can invest the skill points of heros on party skills, but they will be still powerful soldiers.

You're allowed to disagree.  I just go by what I see.  I've strayed away from mounts almost completely.  I like keeping my troops in a tight pack together and eat enemy calvary as it comes in.

I respect the power of calvary as a player (though it's not as thrilling IMO), but my heroes tend to get taken down MUCH more frequently while on horse back - for whatever reason.

Anyway, the topic is about weapons:

If you do the Boot & Blade option, a Sword + Shield + Bow + Arrow combo seems to work pretty well.  Pump some points into Power Draw and toss him in the mix with your other archers.  A decent group of archers with a hero mix can clear the map of infantry, and make a good dent on incoming calvary - where they then meet with my front line infantry.  :twisted:

If the AI were better, I'd give them spears and tell them to wait for the calvary charge, but they always take out their shield and sword when calvary comes, thus bows seem to be more effective, and I let my regular troops take the brunt of the enemy bash.

In the event that they go into toe to toe combat, the shield does help them quite a bit.  Personally I'd rather fight against enemies with 2 handers than 1 handers - think about it.

Anyway, agree or disagree, this is from a non-mounted point of view.

even tho most of my heroes have a crossbow/bow I always let them have a 2H wep and a shield to protect their back

I give my heroes a sniper xbow, a horse, a lance, a two handed weapon, and a bag of bolts. Notice that there is no shield involved here.

My heroes will use the lance while moving on horse, and will switch to the xbow and two handed weapon on foot.

ive seen that a polearm is a really good weapon to give to them. they block really well when playing with those

I keep seeing mentions of a sniper crossbow and a katana.  I have been playing
for a while, but never seen these.  Are they ultra rare, or have they been
abandoned in the latest versions?  I never playing anything earlier than v6.51

Tuidjy said:
I keep seeing mentions of a sniper crossbow and a katana.  I have been playing
for a while, but never seen these.  Are they ultra rare, or have they been
abandoned in the latest versions?  I never playing anything earlier than v6.51

Sniper xbow was renamed to Siege crossbow in recent versions

The katana is called "strange sword" and is hidden in one of the 2 easter egg chests in the game.

Back
Top Bottom