Best-dressed fantasy Warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

PoisonCourtesan said:
Bobtheheros said:
I disagree!
Then again you are loyalist scum.
Warhammer, both fantasy and 40k, have some great art work associated with them. My favorite has always been this picture of a  soritas of  the Order of the Argent Shroud.(Could also be Sacred Rose)

Dt38f.jpg
It just invokes the spirit of the setting so well.

Tsk tsk, nearly 10 pages went on without a mention of Sigmarites. :razz:

NilfgaardzkiRycerz.jpg

nilfgaardian.jpg

Although Warcraft and especially World of Warcraft win no trophies in armor design department, there are still quite a few aesthetically pleasing armors and characters out there. Although they are a severe minority.
bolvardragonblight.jpg

149px-Stormwind_Royal_Guard.jpg
judgement.jpg

Warrior_priest_ss.jpg
warrior_priest.jpg

EDIT: Nilfgaardian screwed up

He's awesome.

PoisonCourtesan said:
Bobtheheros said:
No, go away, I'll stick with the side with fancy super hats, thank you very much.
Good, more fancypants to slaughter that way.

3jKDh.jpg

Booo, booo. Chaos is lame. Trying too hard to be badass but cowering in miles of armour and they all look the same which rather contradicts my idea of chaos.

Chaos marauders and beastmen are cooler-looking and not OP pusswagons.

AWdeV said:
PoisonCourtesan said:
Bobtheheros said:
No, go away, I'll stick with the side with fancy super hats, thank you very much.
Good, more fancypants to slaughter that way.
3jKDh.jpg
Booo, booo. Chaos is lame. Trying too hard to be badass but cowering in miles of armour and they all look the same which rather contradicts my idea of chaos.
Chaos marauders and beastmen are cooler-looking and not OP pusswagons.
All Chaos warriors start with no armour. Northmen are bare chested/half naked.
A God blesses the champion with armour once he proves himself/herself. If you are extra badass you get mutations. And if you are the ultimate badass you get a blessing from all four and become their chosen. And that's how Archaon beat the empire.

DvFLi.jpg

Chaos is anything but lame.

I played Warsword Conquest mod for Warband, and there was a faction with these rats, forgot the name of the faction, but the Empire was at war with them. Who are they? I would like to know more about this Warhammer.

Handgunners08.jpg

img3ff940d98b2a9.jpg

post-2668-1252383116.jpg

handgunners2.jpg

Handgunners09.jpg

images

Austupaio said:
The Skaven, the best race in Warhammer, including 40K.

Oh that's it. "The Skaven Underworld".
Are there some kind of good and bad in Warhammer? Are there any hero?

EDIT: Too bad my PC can't run M2TW.
But I don't remember if I lowered the quality...

Now the Skaven, they do Chaos right. They're vile, petty, backstabbing violent hordes of crazy cowardly maniacs. They're all sorts of nastiness from every different angle. No uniform bull****, just chaos.

You also get a bajillion Skaven for the price of 1 anything else, so that's a plus.

djogloc02 said:
Austupaio said:
The Skaven, the best race in Warhammer, including 40K.

Oh that's it. "The Skaven Underworld".
Are there some kind of good and bad in Warhammer? Are there any hero?

Yes, there is good and bad in a general sense. Skaven are baaaaaaadddddd. And hilarious. Good and bad is usually translated to order vs chaos but I don't know if that really translates well. Dark Elves are evil and on the side of chaos but they're a rather fascist state with a nigh-immortal sorceror-King so they seem fairly Order to me. Ogres are held to be "neutral" even though they're some of the most chaotic beings around; just not aligned with the factions/gods of Chaos.

And the place is swarming with all sorts of heroes, villains, anti-heroes and eternal badasses beyond petty morality.

Oh, I heard that Warhammer is good, and was curious about it's story. I played some three games based on Warhammer, two mods for Warband and Rome Total War and one was 40k I guess, Space Marines and etc...

But basically the only people around who may actually have any sort of 'goodly' moral compass are Sigmarites. Not the Empire, just the Sigmarites.

Austupaio said:
But basically the only people around who may actually have any sort of 'goodly' moral compass are Sigmarites. Not the Empire, just the Sigmarites.
High Elves, Dwarves(not chaos ones), Brettonians and Wood Elves all align themselves with the forces of "good".

@Ath; I don't know much about Warhammer Fantasy, but I left them out for a few reasons that are probably debatable.

High Elves and Brettonians are 'good' but have a vastly unjust society.
Wood Elves are dirty hippies.
Dwarves always struck me as fairly neutral, but I suppose that does make them fairly good.

@Monts; O&G?

Austupaio said:
High Elves and Brettonians are 'good' but have a vastly unjust society.
It's not unjust, just different. Still I like how the Northmen tribes live. You get to prove yourself and get bonuses.
So if I was stuck in that universe, I'd just pick Slaneesh as my god and prove myself in battle (or sex :lol:) in hope of getting a cool mutation like big tits or a long tongue. I wouldn't want a crab hand though, that would suck unless I could summon it only when needed.

Yeah, I've never really been sure about Slaanesh's crab fetish. That doesn't seem useful for... pretty much anything.

djogloc02 said:
I played Warsword Conquest mod for Warband, and there was a faction with these rats, forgot the name of the faction, but the Empire was at war with them. Who are they? I would like to know more about this Warhammer.

Handgunners08.jpg
Great gum almighty these are fine conversions. At least I don't think that helmet is standard for the handgunners, but damn this looks good.

Austupaio; O&G = Orcs & Goblins. Chaotic, but not following the gods of Chaos. Stompy. They were big and mean before the ogres, numerous and barbarous before the beastmen and their night goblins were sneaky stabby before the first skaven.

Back
Top Bottom