Bellum Imperii: Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I am still quite occupied with the campaign map, after that is done implenting the troop trees, replacing as much brytenwalda assets as possible and from there I´ll have to see how far I am. Not to forget, I also still need to finish several scenes which I have never finished, fix some bugs that occured still in 0.3, and I am also working on a brand new scene atm which I yet have to preview. (Londinium)

Can´t give an estimate on when it´s released unfortunatly, so I´ll just hope it will be worth the waiting.  :smile:

It will most certainly be worth the wait, I believe. I have waited a very long time for an in-depth Imperial-Era Roman-themed mod, and now this has come about and it is wonderful indeed.

Oh btw you might have seen some roman/antiquity mods who use an altered stab animation which portrays the correct roman method of stabbing with a sword, I highly recommend adding this

you must add the Systema of imperium romanun how to build a strong and which will create more troops.
  developing things mod L'Aigle
http :/ / forums.taleworlds.com / index.php / topic, 195571.0.html
A New Era
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic, 281485.0.html
how to create more buildings etc .......

and more ways to make money as persistent world
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=160403.0

Alfredthegreat said:
You should get rid of some arabian scenes in britain.

No! That would remove social commentary from the mod, if you know what I mean, ehehe...

I deserve to be stoned to death.

How about the ability to choose your troops armor. It would kind of be like giving companions armor, but it affects every troop you own of that type. Granted this may cause some balancing issues though, so yeah.

http://orbis.stanford.edu/
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that Italy looks really too much "poor" of cities... and I don't like the idea of little towns numbered, without a name. Also, merchants always have very few Roman armor and weapons, and yet too many mediaval. It is frustrating... I hope you will correct these things before you add new content.

The latest version will include again a new batch of villages to fill up the map. There shouldn't be any villages numbered anymore. Will get to the shop part and see if I can increase the amount of Roman items in the Empire's towns.

(Appologies, for the late reply.  :oops:)

Glad to see a Roman mod that finally includes the Parthians!  I've always dreamed of being a glorious cataphract charging into battle, and it would appear that the Rome at War mod includes two-handed spear use from horseback:

ItsV1.jpg

Which for me is a dream come true. 

The highest-tier cataphracts ought to have very heavy armor both for themselves and for their powerful steeds, and should be very hard to kill.  Several powerful close-range javelin hits or forceful spear thrusts could bring them down, as could mobbing them with average infantry, but the odd arrow headshot or sword slash should barely faze them.  As for weapons, their primary arm would be the kontos, or "barge pole" as it was called by the Greeks, a thick, heavy, long lance.  The cataphracts would wield it with two hands, preventing the use of a shield, which isn't so bad since they're covered in heavy armor anyway.  The kontos could have a high STR requirement and would have a fairly slow attack speed, but it would hit with a lot of power and would crush through blocks.  That way, a hit from a heavy two-handed lance wielded by a strong man charging on horseback could not be stopped by a little gladius parrying it, or by some shield.  The downside is that, as the kontos is long and slow, it's not any good at close quarters.

I've always badly wanted to play Mount & Blade as a heavy cataphract impaling foes with a furious charge with a two-handed lance, and now that dream finally looks like it's in sight!  Good luck with your mod!  :mrgreen:

Before I list my suggestions, I'd just like to say congratulations on the mod! It's actually much better than I thought it'd be before I downloaded. It's very immersive and promising. The fact that it's still in alpha means that it's really gonna become fantastic (in it's current state it's one of the best mods I've played).
Now, most of these suggestions have to do with scenes so:

-Roundhouses for the Celtic tribes of Britain and Ireland. This would make playing in that region much more immersive.
lhWLDJ.jpg
From 0ad. The big roundhouse (with the entrance hall thingy) could be the great hall in game.
-More of those "Viking" style houses for the Germans. What I mean is those wooden houses with diagonal supports and a type of wooden roof. Also, if roundhouses are made for the Britons, give the Germans some as well (or make the current roundhouse props more common). I've also noticed that the pit houses have a more dim colour to their thatch roofs compared to the roundhouses, it's a bit inconsistent. Total War Attila has some images of what I mean. The preview picture of the Saxons has a large Germanic style building in the background, which is exactly what I'm talking about.
-Region specific items. Probably mentioned before, Rome at War has this. You can only buy Gallic arms and armour in areas originally gallic, same with the Romans etc. Currently it seems strange for Roman vendors to sell german mail and for german vendors to sell Segmentata.
-Moar round sheilds!!11! What I mean is more variety in the round shields as all.

Anyway good luck with future development!

How about the ability to gain a roman citizenship after completing some tasks or serving in the army for some time, it could unlock some special abilities and buildings and such. I reckon that'd take a lot of work but I think that would be a cool feature in this mod  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom