Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine not wishing to give any feedback whatsoever and just be a yes-man to everything instead of actually trying to instigate change.

And it is a company that employs over 100 people today. Your point?

It is not, at least at this rate not within my lifetime.

I don't care what you think Mount and Blade was "aiming to be", the fact of the matter is that Bannerlord is a hollow, boring game that has been in development for a decade, with little to show for it. It's not good, and they are doing next to nothing to fix that.

Bro, I have been complaining about Bannerlord since 2016 and have only ramped that anger up since I got my hands on the beta and realized how bad it was. So, no. I did not "get my money's worth" and then complain. I have been complaining the entire time. Also, nobody has gotten their money's worth...

Yeah, I don't think counting their money for them and telling them they're scamming people is giving "feedback" lmao that's so ludicrous.

My point is that two people built something that thousands enjoy and you're here ****ting on their doorstep. If you think that Bannerlord is a "hollow, boring" game then why are you here? Honest question. Have you exploited your way through so many campaigns and multiplayer matches that you're next quest is to take a **** on the forums?

It's really funny that you're injecting your personal preference into what this game should be into what you think your money's worth should be. It's not a crappy, online persistent server so you haven't gotten your money's worth?

I have 175 hours in this game currently, purchased it for 45. I'd say that's a steal for dollars-to-time-spent ration. I'd push to say you have at least that much, probably more.

Just go play your Bannerlord online or whatever crappy thing that is. It's obvious you're bored here. But it's really not cool to call people scammers just because they aren't building YOUR version of the game.

This thread is sad.

@Roy1012 don't waste your energy, he hasn't been- or interested long enough in the forums to know.
I guarantee you that I've been on the Taleworlds forums longer than you have. Lost the password to my first account.

Though if you can't offer a rebuttal, or anything really, to the conversation then please don't join in.

Yeah, I don't think counting their money for them and telling them they're scamming people is giving "feedback" lmao that's so ludicrous.
It's clear you have no idea what criticism is.
My point is that two people built something that thousands enjoy and you're here ****ting on their doorstep. If you think that Bannerlord is a "hollow, boring" game then why are you here? Honest question.
Because I loved Warband so much. I want Bannerlord to be as good or better than Warband. Clearly it has the potential to, they developed warband with a far smaller team as you point out, and yet, they aren't. They are dragging their feet and doing next to nothing to fix the game. They've all but sold out multiplayer, and singleplayer is still busted as all hell.
Have you exploited your way through so many campaigns and multiplayer matches that you're next quest is to take a **** on the forums?
I'd love to exploit my way through enough multiplayer matches to do so, too bad the only gamemodes they allow are boring as hell and, if I'm even willing to play them, the server crashes every 5 seconds. Are you aware the servers are basically unusable, or are you just hear to bang on the keyboard and hope something smart comes out.
It's really funny that you're injecting your personal preference into what this game should be into what you think your money's worth should be. It's not a crappy, online persistent server so you haven't gotten your money's worth?
I don't know what this is supposed to convey. I'm sorry, I just am not mentally capable of understanding it. Sorry :sad:
I have 175 hours in this game currently, purchased it for 45. I'd say that's a steal for dollars-to-time-spent ration. I'd push to say you have at least that much, probably more.
I have 184.2, all of which (I have not even loaded the base game since the beta) are on Bannerlord Online, which was a good mod, very great additions, and what Bannerlord could be, should TW decide to release the private servers. But alas, they do not.
Just go play your Bannerlord online or whatever crappy thing that is.
Got bored of it and so did a lot of other people. That's just how the cookie crumbles when the devs do everything they can to screw your mod over. The fact someone like me, who isn't even interested in singleplayer, was willing to dump that much time into a mod based around singleplayer shows how good Bannerlord COULD be if modders are allowed to do their work.
It's obvious you're bored here. But it's really not cool to call people scammers just because they aren't building YOUR version of the game.
I never called anyone a scammer, but it is an objective fact that Bannerlord is taking a metric **** ton of time to develop, and it still being in early access shows how lazy or mismanaged the devs really are.
This thread is sad.
This thread is indeed not sad, but your attempts at argumentation are.

@Roy1012 don't waste your energy, he hasn't been- or interested long enough in the forums to know.
Trust me, I've engaged with far better TW simps than him, but I'm at work right now and it is pretty entertaining to watch this guy's posts roll in.

I have 184.2, all of which (I have not even loaded the base game since the beta) are on Bannerlord Online

Your OP should have just said that. That's why you're here counting their money for them and ****ting on their progress. It all makes sense now. Good day to you, sir. I understand you completely now. I hope one day you make your own game to your own vision instead of wishing another game was.

Unfollowing and not replying anymore, it's clear that you just want them to make the game what you want. Good luck with that.

I guarantee you that I've been on the Taleworlds forums longer than you have. Lost the password to my first account.

Though if you can't offer a rebuttal, or anything really, to the conversation then please don't join in.

The esteemed forum warrior himself, with his 10 posts, enters the fray!
Your OP should have just said that. That's why you're here counting their money for them and ****ting on their progress. It all makes sense now. Good day to you, sir. I understand you completely now. I hope one day you make your own game to your own vision instead of wishing another game was.

Unfollowing and not replying anymore, it's clear that you just want them to make the game what you want. Good luck with that.
Ah, yes. The crusty old "If you don't like it, make your own game!" argument. Similar to the "If you don't like how things are in this country, move to another one!" I love this one. Total clownery. Yes, the proper response to my burger being uncooked is "go make your own restaurant". You are a clown.
Also, you don't deserve to have that IASIP GIF in your signature. You are unworthy of such a great show. Good day to you, sir.
Such a brave and loyal forum member would understand that you are not allowed to double post, which you have done multiple times. Makes me wonder about your "lost password" story...

There is an edit button for a reason. Learn to use it.

*More Complaining And Trying To Sound Smart*
Again, I guarantee I've been here longer than you. Plus, I didn't say "go make your own game" I said I hope one day you do so that you don't wish it on others anymore.

I can see that reading and comprehension isn't your strong suit. Best to stick to *****ing on forums.

Also, trying to insult me like that is real small **** energy "Roy" :lol:

I love the fake quote. Very cool. Misinformation at its finest. See, I can do the same thing:
Roy is always correct.
Legit argument.
Again, I guarantee I've been here longer than you.
How long have you been here? As you can see my forum account is from 2013, yours is from 2020. Unless you'd like to provide a name to your "lost" account, I'm going to assume that was a lie, since a person whose been on the forum nearly a decade would have known how to use the edit button by now....
Plus, I didn't say "go make your own game"
I hope one day you make your own game
I can see that reading and comprehension isn't your strong suit.
English isn't my first language, so...
Best to stick to *****ing on forums.
Thank you for the feedback!
Also, trying to insult me like that is real small **** energy "Roy" :lol:
Wouldn't this sentence also be the same "small **** energy"? Also, I thought you said that was your last post. Unfollow, no more posts. You will not be graced with my presence anymore! What ever happened to that...

5mhpob.jpg

To be clear - I presume you mean you had it gifted to you?
Might also be that nobody paid to participate in BL's multiplayer beta. TW's MP class system showcased in the beta put some multiplayers off buying BL.
...if I'm even willing to play them, the server crashes every 5 seconds. Are you aware the servers are basically unusable
So, hardly a stable base from which to issue custom servers currently. I hope TW can fix the problems/bugs that are bedevilling MP.

Last edited:
Jacob's focused on building his own game, Iron Chieftain, which looks very interesting.
A more vindictive person might see that as an opportunity.

Regardless maybe he should spend his time working on that - and it's community rather then starting fights here. It reminds me of the creator of the clash of kings mod for Warband - who spent a large amount of his time insulting other mod-makers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom