Need More Info Bannerlord Crashes

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.0
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary: I have been trying to play Bannerlord e1.7.0, but every time the game keeps crashing for a variety of different reasons. I have tried full installation twice and the 2nd time moved it to a different drive entirely, to have a fresh install.
I have attempted to resolve the issues but they keep on coming. I need help to resolve these problems because I can't get them to work. See the pictures below for the crash reasons.
How to Reproduce: Start the game and load the game or start the modding kit and load in.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No, did use mods before TOTSK but I removed it all and wanted a fresh install but it didn't help.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
V0WZ9hs.png
V9UtGo4.png
3tHpz8u.png

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
GPU Driver Version: 512.15
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
RAM: 32,0 GB
Motherboard: MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS (MS-7C75)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD ST2000DM008-2FR102

Assuming you're playing 1.7.0 and not a mistype of 1.8.0, you'll have to delete any instances of language_data.xml in the vanilla module folders. After that I'd delete the C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders folder to let it rebuild. If it's still crashing after that, we'll probably have to see the contents of your launcher_log_(numbers).txt and rgl_log_(numbers)_.txt log files located in C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs

It looked like it worked, I managed to launch once. then I 'verify integraty of game files' on steam and deleted the language folders again and now this happens?:
C8mXJCC.png

I just now deleted the shaders again, and I am able to play again. Question is tho, do I now have to do that everyime to play?
If it's making bad shaders every time you launch 1.7.0 then yeah, you're probably stuck deleting them every time you want to launch it. If there's no specific mod you want 1.7.0 for I would update to 1.7.1, 1.7.2, or 1.8.0 and see if it persists.

Otherwise, you can set up a batch script to delete them more easily, or more simply a shortcut to the shaders folder.

Back
Top Bottom