Banner glitch and some noob questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Tiera

Recruit
Hi! I think I'm suffering from some kind of a glitch with my character's banner. My character (who started as a noble) served in a lord's army so he wore his colors on the battlefield. After leaving the army his shield still had the other noble's colors and when I re-equipped it, it lost the banner colors altogether. Now his troops don't show his colors anymore either. He still has his banner when moving on the map though. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

And now that I'm here I may as well ask some tips, since I'm new to this mod. My character made a nice income from the loot while serving in the army and later as mercenary, but I'm thinking he should try some less bloody profession next. Does anyone have some good tips for an aspiring merchant? My character is currently in England, but I'm thinking of making him travel all over Europe, taking part in tournaments and do some trading at the same time.

Also, should he be hiring mercenary companions early on? Do they work the same way as in vanilla, so you can use them when forming your own kingdom? Are there "regular" companions at all in the game (those which you hire from a tavern)?

Thanks and sorry about the noobish questions! I just didn't find the answers from the forums myself.

Tiera said:
Hi! I think I'm suffering from some kind of a glitch with my character's banner. My character (who started as a noble) served in a lord's army so he wore his colors on the battlefield. After leaving the army his shield still had the other noble's colors and when I re-equipped it, it lost the banner colors altogether. Now his troops don't show his colors anymore either. He still has his banner when moving on the map though. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

And now that I'm here I may as well ask some tips, since I'm new to this mod. My character made a nice income from the loot while serving in the army and later as mercenary, but I'm thinking he should try some less bloody profession next. Does anyone have some good tips for an aspiring merchant? My character is currently in England, but I'm thinking of making him travel all over Europe, taking part in tournaments and do some trading at the same time.

Also, should he be hiring mercenary companions early on? Do they work the same way as in vanilla, so you can use them when forming your own kingdom? Are there "regular" companions at all in the game (those which you hire from a tavern)?

Thanks and sorry about the noobish questions! I just didn't find the answers from the forums myself.
sometimes, for banners, helps retaking them again from camp menu - take camp and go to change banner, choose same and that's it

you have two types of companions in this mod
- mercenary, which help you to keep your army, with skills like pathfinding or trade etc. just upgrade their natural skills
- nobles, which could be you first lords, but you don't need them all as lords, so choose those with hight skills for nobleship (there is a one out  of 3 from each faction)

clock4orange said:

Thanks for the reply! I need to see if this works.

However, I'm now suffering from another bug. In enlisted my character to a noble's army, but something weird happened during a siege attack. I "retreated" from the battle because all the other troops were killed so I could fight with a fresh wave of troops. Apparently the battle was lost and the lord my character served disappeared for some time so I couldn't return to his army (for some reason my character was not taken captive but was kinda thrown out of the besieged castle on the campaign map). Then I did something stupid: I pledged my character to serve a king while technically still in the army. I thought I could just ask to leave the army once the lord reappeared but I didn't have the dialogue option anymore. What was even worse was that my character couldn't join tournaments anymore.

I know I could "fix" this by becoming free of bond with the king. I tried it and I could then choose the dialogue option to resign from the army. But could there be some other way to solve this? Maybe reset the quest that marks my character as part of the army?

Back
Top Bottom