Bandits relation

Users who are viewing this thread

Tocan

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I have tweaked my mod that you can help out bandits in battles. My problem is if the relation get up with bandits between -4 and -1 they attack attack me on sight regardless the party size. So even a 3 men party would attack my 100mens.
This is a native problem if you allow to help bandits out. I have no idea how to change that...
What is/was your solution for this? Hope someone can help!
That bug is my nemesis

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
So I'm answering to my own question, but it can be useful for someone who want to make the same.

Changed the -0.5 relations with bandits to a even number (tested with -0.6 and -0.:cool: and the problem seems solved. Don't ask me why :???:
native: At the start the relation with bandits is i think -8
if i help them in a big battle it goes up to -4 -> they attack regardless troops size
that only happens if the relation with the outlaws, sea raiders etc. is between -4 and -1

if you have time:
native module
(
"pre_join",0,
"You come across a battle between {s2} and {s1}. You decide to...",
"none",
[
(str_store_party_name, 1,"$g_encountered_party"),
(str_store_party_name, 2,"$g_encountered_party_2"),
],
[
("pre_join_help_attackers",[
# (store_faction_of_party, ":attacker_faction", "$g_encountered_party_2"), #tokan
# (store_relation, ":attacker_relation", ":attacker_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
# (store_faction_of_party, ":defender_faction", "$g_encountered_party"),
# (store_relation, ":defender_relation", ":defender_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
# (ge, ":attacker_relation", 0),
# (lt, ":defender_relation", 0),

],
"Move in to help the {s2}.",[
(select_enemy,0),
(assign,"$g_enemy_party","$g_encountered_party"),
(assign,"$g_ally_party","$g_encountered_party_2"),
(jump_to_menu,"mnu_join_battle")]),
("pre_join_help_defenders",[
# (store_faction_of_party, ":attacker_faction", "$g_encountered_party_2"), #tokan
# (store_relation, ":attacker_relation", ":attacker_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
# (store_faction_of_party, ":defender_faction", "$g_encountered_party"),
# (store_relation, ":defender_relation", ":defender_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
# (ge, ":defender_relation", 0),
# (lt, ":attacker_relation", 0),

],
"Rush to the aid of the {s1}.",[
(select_enemy,1),
now help bandits out in big enough battle and you see what i mean

Upvote 0
^^ your right but what if i attack them and the relation drops from for example +2 to -2?

other question:
("outlaws","Outlaws", max_player_rating(-30), 0.5,[("commoners",-0.6),("player_faction",-0.15)], [], 0xFF0381),

("player_supporters_faction","Player's Supporters",0, 0.9, [("player_faction",1.00),("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0xFF4433), #changed name so that can tell difference if shows up on map

how to intepret the relations? means -15 and -5?

Upvote 0
Hm, right, that will solve the problem only at the first encounter but not at the following up ones. Is it like you join them in battle and immediately after the battle ends they start fighting against you? That could mean they just don't have enough time on the world map to run away. Maybe you find something here at the category 'World Map', I recall having linked some stuff there with choosing a side:
It could be that they also discuss at some thread about that issue.

A relation works two ways -- it only needs to be set once, and the value will count for both factions. if you declare it twice it could be that the last declared value is the one getting used, not sure at this point. You will have to test it ingame.

Upvote 0
Hm, right, that will solve the problem only at the first encounter but not at the following up ones. Is it like you join them in battle and immediately after the battle ends they start fighting against you? That could mean they just don't have enough time on the world map to run away. Maybe you find something here at the category 'World Map', I recall having linked some stuff there with choosing a side:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/archaeological-field-trip-to-the-forge.395328/ It could be that they also discuss at some thread about that issue.
thanks again for your answer. no its not just after the battle (i know about the decision lag) - all bandits of the faction i helped are aggro the whole time if relation between -4 -1

looked trough Archaeological Field Trip to The Forge no solution :sad:

Upvote 0
i know it's like aggressivenes and courage set to 10000000.
no i worked with tocans module and after the bug occur i changed to a native module system

what about a simple trigger that checks if the relation from player faction to outlaws is between -4 and -1 and change it to -5? would you help me with that?

Upvote 0
I have added new bandit templates but I have testet it with a virgin native module 1.172 with only the menu change posted above. Thx mate I hope someone can help. I have this problem since I started modding 2013. It's really my nemesis.

Upvote 0
Aggressiveness and courage are coded for values set between 0 and 15. Discussed in the original module system documentation https://forums.taleworlds.com/site-old/index.php/topic,12203.0.html
Ideally, a bandit party should have low aggressiveness or low troop numbers so that it does not attack soldier parties.
Faction relations as noted at the top of module_factions.py should have values ranging from -1 to 1. Accordingly, -0.05 is equivalent to -5% and -0.15 is equivalent to -15%.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the clarification about the relations!
Accordingly, -0.05 is equivalent to -5% and -0.15 is equivalent to -15%.
So like I said it's -5 and -15 it's also equivalent :grin:

Do you have a solution for my problem? I know about value limits it was desperate sarcasm ^^

Upvote 0
Thanks for the clarification about the relations!
Accordingly, -0.05 is equivalent to -5% and -0.15 is equivalent to -15%.
So like I said it's -5 and -15 it's also equivalent :grin:

Do you have a solution for my problem? I know about value limits it was desperate sarcasm ^^
It’s not a bug I’ve ever experienced in Native or mods. Was discussed in this Phantasy Calradia thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...no-matter-how-strong-your-army-is-bug.317983/
I’d reinstall Warband and abandon bugged saves.

Upvote 0
Nah it's a native behavior if you make the changes above in the game menus spoiler.

Make the same change on a native ms if you have time and you'll see it will happen the same like I describe
It’s not a native behaviour, if it only occurs after making changes to native. I should have re-read your first post. I assumed you were experiencing a bug, not the side-effects of a tweak.

Upvote 0
So I'm answering to my own question, but it can be useful for someone who want to make the same.

Changed the -0.5 relations with bandits to a even number (tested with -0.6 and -0.:cool: and the problem seems solved. Don't ask me why :???:

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom