Backwardness of presentations

Users who are viewing this thread

grailknighthero

Sergeant Knight
I've been messing around with presentations, and I can't help notice and be annoyed at the backwardness of it

presentation.jpg

The text overlay that says formation is at y = 728, normally in a programming language, y starts at 0 at the top and increases going down, like this

0    -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
728 -

This is the first backwards thing I have noticed, and I am guessing there are more.  At least the x axis is normal.  Setting the size of text is also very annoying, as it is not something easy, nothing like use size 12 font.  Instead it uses positions, and I have not yet figured out how it does it.  I haven't messed around with textboxes yet, but I hope they allow input.  Anyway, I presentations using overlays are not that hard to get used to, and are very similar to any gui kit for a normal programming language.

In math, and anything else that uses x, y, and z on a graph, 0 starts at the intersection of the three axes. So it would be:

-
-
-
-728------0-----728
-
-
-

But not in computer science gui making.

Edit:  I believe the reason for that is because how a double array or double list is handled
0,0    1,0    2,0    3,0
0,1    1,1,  1,2    1,3
0,2    1,2    2,2    3,2
0,3    1,3    2,3    3,3                                                                           

Back
Top Bottom