ATTENTION: If your tables are broken, check this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Orion

Still Not Worthy
Global Moderator
Many nested tables were horribly broken by unclosed tags in the transition from SMF to Xenforo, so I created a script to close all open tags and replace all of the [table] tags with [table=noborder]. The nature of the problem was such that any text formatting tag (such as [center], [size=], or [b]) which was opened but never explicitly closed within a [td] tag would prevent the [/td] tag from successfully closing the table cell. As such, formatted text of any kind other than a simple hyperlink would prevent its associated cell from being closed and the table cell tags would be visible while their contents were still (usually) formatted as expected. If you know how table structuring works, then you can imagine the mess this created. If not, here's an example from a post in The Athenaeum:
QGcM2zS.png

Please note, not all nested tables are 100% fixed by this script as sometimes Xenforo created extraneous [td] and [tr] tags in very complicated nested tables. If you would like me to run your old post through this script simply reply to this topic with a link to your post(s) and I will process them & send the results to you in a PM for you to review & edit into your post yourself to your liking.

Image tags also lost their size values, so those will need to be manually fixed where appropriate. Sorry for the inconvenience, but that's not something I can automate.

Do you mind if I modify your program?
I intend to make a windows form application out of it since console is uh not cool :-p
I also intend to fix the issue "not the prettiest thing, but it works. " by restylizing the code to conform to modern programming standards:
indentation, camel case, self-descriptive names, etc.

@Orion Does your script fix anchor tags? Can you tell me what the new format is, I cannot seem to intuit it ^^
This is how anchors work:
Code:
[anchor]link_title[/anchor]The anchor is next to this.
The anchor is next to this.
Code:
[URL='https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/thread-titles-in-urls-are-just-for-looks.391573/#link_title']And this is a link to that anchor.[/URL]
And this is a link to that anchor.

Back
Top Bottom