[ArmA 3] 2.Panzer-Division [EU]

Users who are viewing this thread

Magner

Sergeant
kgjh_zpshbsu6ncl.png

The 2.Panzer-Division is a Wehrmacht 'Milsim' unit for Bohemia Interactive's latest title, ArmA III. Our campaign and event operations spanning the period of the Second World War, currently focusing around an alternate Czech and German clash in 1938.

Our operations involve both PvP (Player versus Player) and cooperative, with the latter forming the majority of events through the campaign. A collection of modifications are used in order to for us to set ourselves within the Second World War which can be found under our 'Mod List' tab, this is provided with a manual that includes an overview and installation instructions. Structure, tactics, and weapons are based on actual military documentation. We strive for a mixture of accuracy and entertainment, and will edit and update areas of the unit as aspects change such as mods and terrains.

What we are looking for:
- Mature, active, and reliable members.
- Applicants interested in utilizing realistic tactics and squad layouts.

We offer:
- A fun and friendly community of players, without any shouting/screaming Drill Sergeants.
- Open recruitment opportunities for various roles within our Jäger.
- A continous developing internal campaign, with longterm goals and effects.
- A unit lead by people with experience from various realism communities.
- An always open TeamSpeak.

How to Join:

Head to our website, and click the 'ENLISTMENT' tab in order to apply.

Website

Any questions can be directed towards the unit leader here.

Panzerjäger means tank-hunters, not tankers who were called Panzertruppen. The StuG crews came from artillery and wore red lapels instead of black. Only soldiers servicing actual AT-guns (PaK) or tank destroyers (JadgPanzer) were entitled to the Panzerjäger title.

Of course, by the time 353. Infanterie got its StuG battalion, they were used as both assault guns AND tank destroyers, and crews came from variety of sources: Panzer Abteilung 238 was one prime source, as was the organic AT-company of the division. However, the battalion had an AA-gun company, a TD company and an AG company - which housed the StuGs.

So, since you guys seem to value historical accuracy and only operate a single StuG III in an infantry support role, I would warmly recommend you changing the name to "Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 1353" unless you will add the tank destroyers and the AA-guns as well.

Too bad my laptop won't run ARMA2, this sounds quite interesting. And yeah, you posted in the right place.

Splintert said:
I suspect you'll have more luck if they ported I44 to Arma 3.

I doubt they ever will anytime soon, it would great if we saw some progress by next year, but were just hoping they get a final patch for Arma 2 completed.

Arma 2 does it's job for the time being, and being the only active German unit for Invasion 44, we are fine on size for the most part.

Jhessail said:
Panzerjäger means tank-hunters, not tankers who were called Panzertruppen. The StuG crews came from artillery and wore red lapels instead of black. Only soldiers servicing actual AT-guns (PaK) or tank destroyers (JadgPanzer) were entitled to the Panzerjäger title.

Of course, by the time 353. Infanterie got its StuG battalion, they were used as both assault guns AND tank destroyers, and crews came from variety of sources: Panzer Abteilung 238 was one prime source, as was the organic AT-company of the division. However, the battalion had an AA-gun company, a TD company and an AG company - which housed the StuGs.

So, since you guys seem to value historical accuracy and only operate a single StuG III in an infantry support role, I would warmly recommend you changing the name to "Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 1353" unless you will add the tank destroyers and the AA-guns as well.

Too bad my laptop won't run ARMA2, this sounds quite interesting. And yeah, you posted in the right place.

I haven't much knowledge of that area as I am not part of it, however I44 does not have Marder's so we are forced to use StuG's only, but if a future title that we moved to was to include them, we'd use them also. I guess the other side would be the size, we'd like to have them, but we just don't have enough people to support them. We've just accommodated to the future, if we grow in size etc. If you want to go into further detail, you can always ask the head of it if you wished.  :wink:

No no, your clan is of course entitled to name its sub-divisions with whatever titles take your fancy. I only wanted to point out this small detail as the poster emphasized WW2 knowledge for members and an aspiration for accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom