Archers will not fire

Users who are viewing this thread

This has probably been brought up somewhere before, but I could not find the thread so I want to post this here

So this has happened multiple times on different terrains.

My archers will be able to see my enemy, and be within 50 yards? (Don't know the exact range measurement the game usues), and they will not fire

I had a time where my archers were on a high hill looking down at my enemy and would not fire. Note: nothing was blocking their view

I got fed up in this last battle where I managed to position my troops behind the enemy while I would attack from the front, the enemies behind. I waited for the enemy infantry and archers to start repositioning, but...noticed a problem. My archers would not fire. I then got fed up enough to try and actually move my infantry to probably no more than 10 yards from their circle formation, and my archers on a hill no more than 20-30 yards away. My infantry and them could see each other perfectly. My archers could likely see every single troops with precision.

AND....nothing. I came up to the archers and walked through them to check, and they all were standing still. No one was willing to do anything

The only ones firing were the enemy archers ?

Yeah...I thought of that to. I forgot to mention it in the post

But in multiple times, I've tried hold fire, then open fire, to see if it would work. Got nothing

That's where I tried the last idea which was to reposition, which I did multiple times. Still got nothing

I think its a programming error

In the last battle, I noticed it must have remained a glitch or something, cause I died trying to make it work, and...I dont think the archers even fired even when they were given the charge command after I died

I seen in some siege attacks (but NOT all or even most) that they needed to be told f4 to fire at will. I;ve had lots of problem in other version with ranged units seeming to not see enemies though, I think it has to do with things on the map blocking their "whatever" fake sight the AI has, but it doesn't seem to work both way often so enemies will start firing and.... re-****ing-load. Of course with the terrain system if you have glitchy map.... tuff SpaghettiOs®

Maybe try to figure out what maps it happens on and make a bug report. I'll keep an eye out too.

I seen in some siege attacks (but NOT all or even most) that they needed to be told f4 to fire at will. I;ve had lots of problem in other version with ranged units seeming to not see enemies though, I think it has to do with things on the map blocking their "whatever" fake sight the AI has, but it doesn't seem to work both way often so enemies will start firing and.... re-****ing-load. Of course with the terrain system if you have glitchy map.... tuff SpaghettiOs®

Maybe try to figure out what maps it happens on and make a bug report. I'll keep an eye out too.
Point. I think the last one I had the biggest glitch on was the one with a forest in almost every single part of it.

The other was the only one with the giant hill overlooking a forest.

Point on when the AI just don't want to shoot, there's nothing to do.

Game is amazing, and really well done, just has a few glitches. Haven't got the newest update yet due to lack of internet currently, but hoping to get that and see what changes occur

Update:

Ok, it's definitely a programming issue for archers at least on the maps outside of sieges

I just set up a crossfire on the map with the river in a U where the enemy actually walked their infantry and archers into the river. Only problem, my archers had near point blank range from their front, and I had mounted archers sitting behind on the other side of the river bed. I watched, and they weren't firing

Not the way they should have been.

I wish I could have recorded it, it was so weird. My archers in front weren't firing, and my mounted archers...uh...I watched them fire into the open plains with only some of them firing at the enemy

It was really sad. There was like only 15 of them, I had 186 mounted archers just waiting to open fire on them and only probably like...I dont know, not a lot, actually fired on the 15. The rest, I have no idea where they were firing. I was on their right, the enemy was right in front of them, and the arrows were being fired above my head.

Back
Top Bottom