Archer/Spearman

Users who are viewing this thread

you go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\gekokujo\README and click gekokujo-units.png you should find what your looking for also only villager units become spearmen only some clans samurai units use a naginata (which isnt a spear)

unkowned said:
you go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\gekokujo\README and click gekokujo-units.png you should find what your looking for also only villager units become spearmen only some clans samurai units use a naginata (which isnt a spear)

The one that uses Monks... in fact they're very cheap to hire and use in general, definitely their gunners.  They're not exactly Samurai and from my experience are not as deadly as a fully upgraded samurai but are cheaper than Samurai Retainers to have.  So they're very good troops personally for their price. 

Personally spear men are useless.  I'd take 1 Officer for half a dozen Elite Spear men any day, I'd say the same about Samurai Gunners vs Skirmishers as well.  Samurai are expensive but dramatically more effective troops. 

Been playing for weeks now (usually the same faction, though) but I wondered about cavalry archers "Yabusame" do they exist in any faction?

Do not look here said:
I'm pretty sure that mod is set too late for mounted archery to be in. At least I recall that being said somewhere in other thread.

Well to be specific Mounted archery did indeed start to decline when the teppo's arrived however i believe this mod starts at 1568, so the Takeda clan would have still had mounted archery, it wasnt until 1575, mounted archery was almost entirely annihilated, due to a battle with Oda and Tokugawa vs Takeda, where the Takeda calvalry charges where decimated by well placed Musket battalions. So in respect to historical accuracy the Takeda should technically still have mounted archery during this Timeframe, but the Takeda around that time would be the only be some of the only ones who still used mounted archery.

Some clans even started to use Mounted Teppo gunners, although those where rare.

Coraline said:
Personally spear men are useless.  I'd take 1 Officer for half a dozen Elite Spear men any day

I've always loved seeing half a dozen spearmen slowly knocking an officer senseless.

I play on a fairly large battlesize so the sheer amount of ashigaru around make up for their individual deficiencies.

Hell, 10 peasants could kill 10 spearmen by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom