Any way to split party/create patrols?

Users who are viewing this thread

stringburka

Recruit
Apologies if it's been asked before; tried searching for it but couldn't find anything.

Is there a way to split up one's party? When going around doing skullduggery I don't want to drag my gang of buffoonish ruffians with me, alerting everyone to my presence. If there isn't such a method in PoP as is, is it possible to tweak it into the game? Tried looking at the wiki page for tweaks but couldn't find anything there about it, but I'm known to miss things right in front of my eyes (as a few lamp posts can testify) so it might well be there.

If not, I may have to add in bodyguards, as it's otherwise quite impossible to sneak into cities, but I'd rather have to use split parties as that feels less like cheating.

Thanks for any advice.

stringburka said:
1. Is there a way to split up one's party?

2. If there isn't such a method in PoP as is, is it possible to tweak it into the game.
1. No.

2. Define what you mean by splitting up your party. Cancel the need to sneak into walled fiefs? There's tweak 10 n) for that. And 10 o) might also interest you. Otherwise, if you meant that a portion of your party should hang around with you during a sneak-in, that would be OP, and there's the companion bodyguard tweak (not updated yet) for that already, which does the same but to a lesser extent.

Thanks for the reply.

Well, the ideal thing I'd like to do is to create a stack of troops from among the troops in my party, that is separate to my party. In some mods you can do this, e.g. in Sword of Damocles you can tell a noble troop to create a new party and they become a new stack on the map. Then you load that stack up, and give commands like following you or patrolling an area or whatever. That party still costs upkeep and everything, it's just separate, and you can have them rejoin you later. In ACOK you can create a simple encampment where you leave troops and it's the same except you can't give them commands. IIRC there's something similar in Brytenwalda and Floris too, though I might be mixing things up.

Doing that can serve several different functions; one of them is to make your own party smaller to easier infiltrate stuff. Other reasons are to become faster if you want to go bandit hunting, or to drop off a stack of troops somewhere you want to defend from bandits (as kind of an expensive, unprotected garrison).

I assume it's not in the mod though, and would be far too complicated for me to create.

Back
Top Bottom