Another ''Getting a new PC'' topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes you read it right, this is another one of those.

So I've been building a new PC with the help of a friend, and now I'm asking for your perspective of it, what you guys think about it. The thing I'm concerned about the most is if these components will be compatible with each other, and if it'll be enough to be called ''high-end''.

Here are the parts:

INTEL Core i5-4670K 3,4GHz LGA1150 BOX
ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5
ASUS Z87 Socket 1150 Z87-K ATX
KINGSTON 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM Kit
CHIEFTEC 650W ATX12V 2.3 80+ bronze 14cm
CORSAIR Carbide Series 200R Case Black
HDD Caviar BLU 1TB 3.5 SATA 6Gbs 64MB
ASUS DRW-24F1ST/BLK/B/AS
CM HYPER 212 EVO LGA2011/1155/AM3/3+

All in all the price comes to 975,10 € which would roughly be about 1280 $.

It is all compatible. It would be fairly difficult to get that wrong now a days though.

I'm just slightly more favored towards amd currently since you get more free games by buying one as opposed to nvidia. The cards are roughly even with nvidia usually seeming to have slightly faster cards but with less vram (so basically good unles you plan on doing over 1080p gaming).

I'm bias towards AMD because both next gen consoles have AMD GPU and CPUs, thereby giving AMD an inherent (if slight) advantage.

The 7xx series kicks 7xxx series' ass though.

Get the i5 4670 not the 4670K if not going to overclock. It's faster and cheaper. And I really don't think you need to overclock such a powerful CPU. Keep that fan quiet.

The hdd is a low end model and really slow. Get a Cavier Black hdd which is between highend and lowend.

And don't forget to add a small but fast SSD for the OS. It's essential for any high-end system.

Kevlar said:
It is all compatible. It would be fairly difficult to get that wrong now a days though.
Yeah, that's what I also thought, it's always something that has worried me for some reason though.

ancalimon said:
Get the i5 4670 not the 4670K if not going to overclock. It's faster and cheaper. And I really don't think you need to overclock such a powerful CPU. Keep that fan quiet.

The hdd is a low end model and really slow. Get a Cavier Black hdd which is between highend and lowend.

And don't forget to add a small but fast SSD for the OS. It's essential for any high-end system.
Hmm, well I was planning to overclock it a little, of course the fan will make more noise but I think I can handle it.  :razz:

Of course if I don't change to the Caviar Black HDD and keep the blue HDD model the sound might be a bit reduced, cos as I understand it the blue is more balanced, but I might change it.

And yeah I had planned on getting an effective SSD, but I don't really know if it's worth the money since what I've heard all it will do is boost the start-up of the game, and not really game-play? I should also mention I built this PC with gaming as the main thought.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate it.

ancalimon said:
SSDs are the best thing to happen in technology after powerful GPU's.

I rather have the best SSD compared to the best GPU though. SSD's don't really have a bottleneck whereas GPU's are limited to the games capabilities most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom