Americans in Realm of Revolution

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountArtha

Knight at Arms
Dear bjorne,

In the beta release of Realm of Revolution (awesome mod, by the way; can't wait 'til it's finished), the lowest tier of American troops are called "Peasants."  This is horribly inaccurate.  Apart from race-based slavery, there was no class system in the United States and therefore no peasants.  If you had called an American - any American - a "peasant" during the 1790s, he'd have socked you in the face for pissing on the whole point of the American Revolution. 

If you're still making changes before the final release, please make sure you change them to "Recruits" or "Volunteers" or "Farmers."  I cannot stress enough just how wrong it would be to call an American a "peasant."  I know you're not from the U.S. so you haven't offended my American sensibilities :wink:, but this needs to be priority number one on your list of historical changes.

2zfs504.jpg

this mod takes place in europe young chap...maybe a add on for the series will could be about the revolution but not right now my fellow yankee..

Okay then.  I had suspected the USA was just a placeholder faction for the Prussians or Russians.  Never mind, needn't have bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom