Age of Machinery 0.503 *stable* REDOWNLOAD please, file was messed up

Users who are viewing this thread

do  you ever think about doing a canon  and musket mod? or a empire total war thing like mod? where every faction has muskets and canons. it would be really awesome. also  for the formation i saw an musket mod for .903 that look almost exactly like total war formations.

newromans said:
do  you ever think about doing a canon  and musket mod? or a empire total war thing like mod? where every faction has muskets and canons. it would be really awesome. also  for the formation i saw an musket mod for .903 that look almost exactly like total war formations.

A couple of mods with those features are already in development: "Liberty or Death" and "The Peninsular War", both of which can be found in this forum. There are also a couple of other gunpowder mods for later versions of M&B, but they do not contain artillery (to my knowledge).

Lord Andrew said:
newromans said:

A couple of mods with those features are already in development: "Liberty or Death" and "The Peninsular War", both of which can be found in this forum. There are also a couple of other gunpowder mods for later versions of M&B, but they do not contain artillery (to my knowledge).

I believe that this is the first mod released that actually contains artillery in it.  a lot of other include muskets and guns and things of that sort, but siege weapons and artillery are only found in this mod as far as i know.

Don

just started trying out this mod and found 2 minor bugs:

1st bug:
i saw a complete copy of myself horse included when i tried hunting some animal herd. whats hunting for anyways?

2nd bug:
found a book merchant selling alot coursier horses instead of books.

Kingdom Names

Well, you could make a game menu or dialog with an invisible person that allows you to construct a kingdom name out of a list of strings or a dictionary of words available through menus and sub-menus.

Kingdom of (X)
Knightdom of (X)
Duchy of (X)
And so on...

Also, what would be interesting is if you made the kingdom name and gov't style based on the choices that you picked for your character's upbringing. A thief dedicated to revenge would have something like "The Seltsef Anarchy" and a priest would have some kind of holy-ish sounding name and so on. The choices could also affect which lords you attract to your banner.

Personally, I'd like to see a more detailed character creation and backstory that affects how other lords and people react to your player.

just a minor issue...i noticed that there are no prison guards in your fief's...no problem in Ibledes,since i know this castle (the best castle btw), but i have problem finding prison in Yalen.
Also, someone before me wrote bout this...will it be possible to give villages as well as castles and cities to your lords?I can accept that i gain all villages in my city, but i also have all villages attached to jelkala and veluca (and those cities belongs to my lords).Also about amount of time to fill castle/city garrnison...when i was playin native, lord who was given castle (and he had 1 village only before),instantly have like 30-40 troops garnisoned...now my lords after like 2 weeks, have 20-40, excluding lords with cities, cozz they have like 150...could you..idk...maybe make player lords like AI one's with recruiting?You know,nords declared war on me and it's starting to be hard atm :grin:

Alexandus said:
the new release lets you assign the villages to your lords as if you were the marshal for another kingdom
Only the villages attached to castles go to the castle owner. The ones attached to cities are yours. Unless you have to start a new game to get it working. Haven't tried that yet.

Hague said:
Kingdom Names

Well, you could make a game menu or dialog with an invisible person that allows you to construct a kingdom name out of a list of strings or a dictionary of words available through menus and sub-menus.
Well, maybe you could use this simple solution that allows you to put any name you want to the kingdom ^^.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1223331.html#msg1223331

By the way, this mod absolutely rules, I always had the impression that the native MnB lacked something, and you've just included it! The options to fight your way to create a realm you've included are great. Please keep on!  :grin:

Im sure highlander knows how to do things, hes the best modder (at the least one of the best) modders of M&B.  There's a problem with the way that MageLord did things and trying to apply it to this mod, namely, that it restricts it to either having {playername} or the name of the city, or the rebels.  You can only have 1 that way and this must be decided before compile.  To please all of you guys, I guess a menu system that allows the name of the player or the city to be picked is best.  But this is if highlander wants it to be this way.

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but is it possible to "promote" your companions to be lords of your new-found kingdom?

I mean, some of your leadership should rub off on them right? Surly they should be able to manage a small village or something until you have need of them again?

We wait for the new version, with additions: to sell captured with different cost, development of skills of the character up to 15 (instead of 10), a set of the new reservation (man's and female) and helmets, I think for you it will not make the big work guys

Not sure if this has come up before, but with the latest version, all of my battles are fought on grassy plains, even in snowy or forested areas.

grailknighthero said:
Not sure if this has come up before, but with the latest version, all of my battles are fought on grassy plains, even in snowy or forested areas.

it has been brought up, and i believe it is so the siege engines work better.  i think Highlander has said it was meant to be this way.

Don

Holy cannoli, does this look good! I think you may have scratched the M&B itch for me today, this is just the kind of innovation I was looking for. What a delightful hors d'oeurve in the 1.x banquet to come!

Don Lionheart said:
grailknighthero said:

it has been brought up, and i believe it is so the siege engines work better.  i think Highlander has said it was meant to be this way.

Don
Yes, you probably won't see thick forests in this mod. Steppes and snowy areas will hopefully be in the next release.
Fluffkind said:
Here are some more bugs i found:
I attack a rhodok army together with a swadian lord and eight trebuchets turn up.
<pic>
I have killed 9 enemies before any troops have moved?!?
<pic>
This came up during a battle against some rhodoks.
<pic>
Does that happen in any battle with allies?
Zalioth said:
Well, maybe you could use this simple solution that allows you to put any name you want to the kingdom ^^.

No, really not. This is horrible. No empire would ever be named "kingdom of <leader name>". I can't think of an empire that has been named after it's leader (though there probably have been few).
cutiemech said:
just started trying out this mod and found 2 minor bugs:

1st bug:
i saw a complete copy of myself horse included when i tried hunting some animal herd. whats hunting for anyways?

2nd bug:
found a book merchant selling alot coursier horses instead of books.
No idea what's that, probably a savegame mistake.
Hague said:
Kingdom Names

Kingdom of (X)
Knightdom of (X)
Duchy of (X)
And so on...

Also, what would be interesting is if you made the kingdom name and gov't style based on the choices that you picked for your character's upbringing. A thief dedicated to revenge would have something like "The Seltsef Anarchy" and a priest would have some kind of holy-ish sounding name and so on. The choices could also affect which lords you attract to your banner.

Personally, I'd like to see a more detailed character creation and backstory that affects how other lords and people react to your player.
Knightdom of X, etc. Sounds good, but I rather implement it differently:
If it is a knightdom or a kingdom or whatever depends on the size of your empire.
The names it self (the "X") will probably stay the region names.
Calathar said:
just a minor issue...i noticed that there are no prison guards in your fief's...no problem in Ibledes,since i know this castle (the best castle btw), but i have problem finding prison in Yalen.
Also, someone before me wrote bout this...will it be possible to give villages as well as castles and cities to your lords?I can accept that i gain all villages in my city, but i also have all villages attached to jelkala and veluca (and those cities belongs to my lords).Also about amount of time to fill castle/city garrnison...when i was playin native, lord who was given castle (and he had 1 village only before),instantly have like 30-40 troops garnisoned...now my lords after like 2 weeks, have 20-40, excluding lords with cities, cozz they have like 150...could you..idk...maybe make player lords like AI one's with recruiting?You know,nords declared war on me and it's starting to be hard atm :grin:
I'll repeat it a 10th time: Player lords ARE the same as AI lords. It's just the AI lords have been raiding villages for months, they have a lot of money. Lords that you recruit right after capturing a fief start with 6000 denars. Okay?
radishlaw said:
I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but is it possible to "promote" your companions to be lords of your new-found kingdom?

I mean, some of your leadership should rub off on them right? Surly they should be able to manage a small village or something until you have need of them again?
No. If I did so the player empire would suddenly have 20 lords, who own the whole calradia.
TheBeast said:
We wait for the new version, with additions: to sell captured with different cost, development of skills of the character up to 15 (instead of 10), a set of the new reservation (man's and female) and helmets, I think for you it will not make the big work guys
Did you use an online translator for that?
No, I won't implement those small changes you mentioned. New models aren't the aim of this mod either.

Highlander said:
Zalioth said:

No, really not. This is horrible. No empire would ever be named "kingdom of <leader name>". I can't think of an empire that has been named after it's leader (though there probably have been few).

the point of this is not to name the empire after yourself, is to change your name before your first conquest, then after the Kingdom has been created(and hence named after whatever was your name) you change your name back to whatever it was, or whatever you want it to be

Grammar nazi report: In the encounter text for the deer herd, it should just be "deer", not "deers". Deer is the word for both singular and plural. Also, deer meat should be called "venison."

Speaking of which, the prices on venison are rock-bottom everywhere, and seem pretty static. 11 denars is really quite the steal for the quality and quantity of food it supplies. I know this might be a bit on the low-yield modding side, but if venison is going to be a commodity everywhere and in trade caravans and such, it might make sense to code in some price variation. Heavily forested areas and snowy terrain should have abundant venison supplies, and export to steppe dwellers who don't have access to deer and so on. Similarly, I haven't seen a boar herd yet, but their 0-morale meat could use the same treatment.

The deer hunt minigame is rather refreshing, but they're so huge they might as well be elk! No wonder there's enough meat on them to feed an army. Also, Walt Disney is on record as saying that a deer can usually outrun a horse; perhaps the deer could use a speed boost to present a greater challenge?

Back
Top Bottom