Age of Blackpowder: 1716 (dead)

Users who are viewing this thread

Seems pretty awesome!!  : :grin: is alraedy some beta version seenable at the horizon?? 
I love to test it!! Great job!

Hiemes

We are still planning. I want to have almost everything set before I start...

So I need a troop tree and if no will be provided. Will I just simply copy the ETW one.

AYE Carn't Wayte. tis....  :grin:  Wishing the best of luck to make this add-on as good as the original mod! LOLOl that sounds like a get well card.... But seriously, this'll be like a way better version of empire total war!...

Poppakrub said:
AYE Carn't Wayte. tis....  :grin:  Wishing the best of luck to make this add-on as good as the original mod! LOLOl that sounds like a get well card.... But seriously, this'll be like a way better version of empire total war!...
/facepalm/
ETW: strategy!
M&B: pure goodness!
these two games are from two way diffrend genres!

ko said:
Poppakrub said:
/facepalm/
ETW: strategy!
M&B: pure goodness!
these two games are from two way diffrend genres!
AOB: Strategy

Listen. I love AB. Its basically the only Mod *other than Eagle and the Radiant Cross* That i have played for any length of time.  However the frustration of dealing with the horrid accuracy of any and all units is demoralizing. So i have a point or two to say if you dint mind.

1. The AI in Mount and Blade already has a system in-place to make the AI less accurate even if they have 100% accuracy. They kinda sway around the point were what ever *whomever* they are shooting at.  So adding the 6 foot reticule *from point blank* makes the firearm pretty much useless.

2.  Historically.  The Smooth bore musket was not as innaccurate as this interpretation makes it seem.  For example.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSx-q8nYWOs  ... Now before you say any thing i realize that they are but 10 yards away, but if he had been 30 - 50 yards he could have easily hit something as large as a man. *EASILY* This allowed armys of the day to send crushing volleys into the front lines of enemy soldiers. Followed up by a charge.

3.  If you want to keep Melee as the primary function in the game.  Make the Reload time 30 or so seconds.  Also if a script for formations could be implamented into the game, i believe the realism would get a boast.  instead of the nonsensical charging or the fabled forward but kinda left march that the AI has in the game. 

So basically what im saying is Alter the accuracy *or in this games case power*  so that you can actually hit something. as well as your soldiers. And finally add a formation system, marching system, and perhaps a behavior script to make them stop when within effective range. Other than that I love the Mod I think you should keep up the good work, and plz dint take any of this in a bad way :smile:  I just wish to share my opinion

1. M&B Firearms combat is bugged. In Native and in mods in general.

2. As far as I know, the reload time in M&B does not count in seconds I think, so that's hard. The Team also doesn't have a new animation yet.

3. RoR has no module system, Bjorne lost it. Currently the way he inserts code, it's write new module, and copy+paste.

1716 will have a module system and be re-worked, if the team gets together again. The problem is that some all(?) of us have other modding/M&B community projects. As well as real life.

how the hek one losses a file that is that important to a big project?!  :shock:

and why do modders in general lose their files, in too many mods?

Well.. I had to clean out alot of **** from the computer. And I am sure that I put the Module System in the D-disc. But when I deleted the C-disc. And checked in the D-disc. It wasn't there.

Pls if you will implent a sword or cutlass called "Szabla" from your previous mod. Pls change the name to Šabla (thats how it was sooner then hungary stole it from us)

Riro said:
Pls if you will implent a sword or cutlass called "Szabla" from your previous mod. Pls change the name to Šabla (thats how it was sooner then hungary stole it from us)

Um, great. Nationalism. Because that is really important to us.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Riro said:

Um, great. Nationalism. Because that is really important to us.
Lol  :lol: sorry then XD

Back
Top Bottom