Adding a delay or schedule in M&BW multiplayer maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Grendal-777

Veteran
Is there a way to add a delay or schedule an event when a map starts?

What I am looking for is for a scene prop to only be activated after 20 minutes has passed on a map restart.

My map has a scene prop that allows an artifact that can be spawned once the encased tomb is destroyed. I don't want the spawning scene prop to activate its code until a certain time has passed so it will only influence middle to late game and not early.

If need be I could simply spawn the item on the scene prop once the scheduled time was up.. but haven't seen a schedule style function in M&B..

Use store_mission_timer_a/b/c and have the scene prop use trigger check for time elapsed before spawning the item.
Alternatively, try using scene_prop_enable_after_time at the start of the map - currently it is used for delaying uses of gatehouse winches for 4 seconds after closing/opening.

Thank for the help Somebody! I ended up going with a totally different method:
player_get_kill_count since it not only requires someone to be in map a while, it also requires them to have a set kill count.
Works like a champ and better fits the theme of the scene prop.

If anyone is looking to do something similar to this thread title these were discovered with Somebody's help. These may help someone else find their path:

1. (player_get_slot, ":player_join_time", ":player_no", slot_player_join_time), - could be used to do something based on join time
2. scene_prop_enable_after_time - when used with a scene prop in module_scripts file it allows a delay before activation
3. store_mission_timer_a/b/c along with scene prop use trigger - if looking for time passed since mission start

Feel free to post any other methods for time management in this thread so others can benefit in the future!

Back
Top Bottom