Activation Denied

Users who are viewing this thread

Squiggles

Recruit
A friend bought me mount and blade so we could play the deluge mod together. I downloaded the game just fine, I can login and play on native servers. However when I went to play the deluge it asked for a serial key otherwise it would run in trial mode. Steam wasn't giving me as CD key so I decided to just play in trial mode. Whenever I launch the game I get the same error, WSE is not running please launch using the desktop icon. I have been using the desktop icon and even tried to launch WSE from the game folder. I've tried reinstalling the game and steam, repatching, running everything in admin mode, nothing works. Yesterday another friend gifted me the Napoleonic DLC and that gave me a CD key immediately. I tried using that CD key thinking maybe if I could get out of trial mode it would somehow fix it. Unfortunately when I try using the key it says "Activation Denied!". Ok that didn't work so maybe manual activation? Nope that didn't work either. Finally today steam gave me a CD key for the base game of mount and blade. I tried using that key and once again Activation Denied! Manual activation also doesn't work. So what gives? What does it take to get this game running? Trial mode is broken because WSE doesn't work and I can't even activate the game using my cd key.

Right click on M&B:Warband in your Steam Library and it will bring up a small menu which will have 'View CD key' as an option. Click on it and this will show your CD keys for Warband & the NW DLC. It will display the key in 4x4 format (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx).

Warbandsteamkey.jpg~original

Warbandsteamkey2.jpg~original

I merely misread your post, in my rather tired state. I thought you were asking where your CD key could be found. Upon rereading your post I see that you have got your key - but if it's not working then you will have to take it up with Taleworlds or Steam directly. The Deluge mod developers have nothing to do with Warband keys. I'd suggest looking over at Town Watch - Warband Techsupport forum to see if you can find an answer to your problem, such as trying what is mentioned in this thread.

Ok thank you. Launching the game through steam never asked me for the CD key and just worked online so I figured maybe it was a deluge problem. I assume that the WSE error will be fixed once I get out of trial mode?

I have the same problem. All the other mods I installed works but when I try to launch Deluge through the shortcut, it launches in trial mod and the key I input is invalid. If I exit the trial window, I get a message to run the WSE even though its already running.

You should always read all the information...

[quote author=Slawomir of Aaarrghh]
Impotant notes:
Make sure you run the game using "The Deluge" desktop shortcut created by the installer or directly using WSELoader.exe from mod's WSE directory.

Steam users may have to convert their Warband Serial Key if game will ask for one. Just copy your WB serial from Steam and paste it here - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Account/ConvertSerial
[/quote]

Well if you bother to look around on the subject, you will find that it is possible to convert any kind of steam cd-key. Just that for some keys you have to go through taleworlds support...

Talewords support? Bah! I'll just stick to the singleplayer mods. I don't really have the time nor nerve to wait for the Talewords response. Consider the issue solved.

Back
Top Bottom