A TEATRC RP?

Users who are viewing this thread

tigershark

Sergeant at Arms
It has been a while since i have ventured into these boards but i recently picked up TEATRAC again and i remembered why I loved this mod so damn much. Particularly the lore, I just had a fun few days reading through it again, enjoying the stories and it gave me a thought. Although I imagine most of us have moved on and the mod has stopped at chapter 3... With Permission from D`sparil i imagine TEATRAC could make a particularly interesting Roleplaying board, it would mean that the lore would have somewhere else to go and we could get more stories about the people in the world.

I don't know, I just think it's a nice thought.

We had a TEATRC RP a few years back (God, that was a long time ago). The premise was that, considering everyone interested in the mod has a magnetic attraction to a certain faction(s), we would be a mercenary band comprised of ex-soldiers, informants, mercenaries, deserters, bandits and the like who end up in the Siege of Vienna.

If I recall correctly, it died before we even got to the first "proper" action scene. (not that we'd agreed what it was, anyway) I guess that was because with the massive variety of characters we could hardly agree on doing anything, really.

Though if I recall correctly there was something involving a horse trying to chat up another, a thief, a chase, an alley fight and some cheese.

haha that sounds fun, and i was thinking of maybe making an offsite board for it? perhaps set just after the fall of vienna (since that's inevitable and all and those involved on the swadian side are likely to die rather nastily) it could make for interesting RP and allow some of the ideas from chapter four to be continued... Though it is just a thought at the moment.

As quiet as both this forum and the RP forum are, I suspect that we'd get much more traffic by staying here on TW than another board that would probably be far too much trouble for what it's worth. And even if we were going to start one we'd need enough people with the free time to do so.

And through the stubborn persistence of the nostalgic pro-Swadians quite a few Swadians get out alive of the siege, actually. Can't remember if the Emperor gets out, though. We ended up making Vienna some bloody Verdun/Stalingrad-like slaughterhouse where through bloody-mindedness, zeal, stupidity and wordcount the LT were forced to have a sort of pyrrhic victory. More in the resources and time lost rather than manpower though, but I think they end up cracking the Aurora cannon and losing a load of Brigadiers.

Hm well that is still an interesting and different setting to start it in... I think I know a few who aren't active here who may be interested, maybe set up a separate board within this one if it takes off and make some sort of basic storyline type thing here to test the waters so to speak and we can expand it later.

Venitius said:
As quiet as both this forum and the RP forum are, I suspect that we'd get much more traffic by staying here on TW than another board that would probably be far too much trouble for what it's worth. And even if we were going to start one we'd need enough people with the free time to do so.

And through the stubborn persistence of the nostalgic pro-Swadians quite a few Swadians get out alive of the siege, actually. Can't remember if the Emperor gets out, though. We ended up making Vienna some bloody Verdun/Stalingrad-like slaughterhouse where through bloody-mindedness, zeal, stupidity and wordcount the LT were forced to have a sort of pyrrhic victory. More in the resources and time lost rather than manpower though, but I think they end up cracking the Aurora cannon and losing a load of Brigadiers.

IIRC, Siggy gets a broadsword to the anus before the Aurora Cannon cracks.

Shame really, I always loved the idea of desperately trying to keep Swadia together as the emperor went more and more insane. It has a certain desperatation about it as a goal lol. Makes for a fun story

I recall there being discussion over having the fed up nobles offing him as they fled the sack, but I thought that that scenario was nixed in favor of Hengest using him as a figurehead to legitimize his de facto rule.  That way we can have more of crazy ol' Siggy in future TEatRC!  Zepulos has got to have someone to carry it around.

RP would be good to keep the juices flowing I think.

Back
Top Bottom