A must read for any sci fi nerd

Users who are viewing this thread

Pellidon

Sergeant Knight
hello everyone, here is my gift to you. i found this fanfic written by a dubious figure who calls himself johnny spaceboots. it's the worst fanfiction i have ever read, you must check it out.

http://zip.4chan.org/m/res/3032426.html

The guy reads like he's jacking off over his type writer. The books I have read of his he pretty much introduces characters, has them advance the plot in some vague and not very important way, then makes them do the bad thing. Even the space ships. There wasn't a single chapter in the entire book that a character didn't stick something into something else in a procreational sense.

That being said, he's not a bad writer, and my experience is limited to his most recent stuff, but it's a little too Mathew Riley like for my tastes. Entertaining, but requiring a small crane to help you suspend disbelief.

Oh, and I'm not really familiar with Hubbards early stuff, but Battlefield Earth and Mission Earth were hilarious in a Plan Nine From Outer Space kind of way.

What kind of idiot starts a thread by linking to a 4chan thread?

Not a rhetorical question. Pellidon is clearly an idiot, but what kind of idiot is he?

Oh, and I reckon this goes in the books section.

okiN said:

Not a rhetorical question. Pellidon is clearly an idiot, but what kind of idiot is he?

um... thanks for that. i'm the kind of idiot who likes to screw with people on the off topic board by posting 4chan links. couldn't you tell?

archonsod and moss, you're links are missing a crucial component that makes spaceboots' work much better and that is the space beer.

okiN said:

INB404? :roll:

Pellidon said:
archonsod and moss, you're links are missing a crucial component that makes spaceboots' work much better and that is the space beer.
Not really. Spaceboots is clearly an adolescent retard with a mental age of 2, which makes laughing at his work a bit like picking on a retard. Mine and Moss' links on the other hand both pointed at serious attempts to create literature, which are therefore fine to laugh at. Particularly since the authors are merely atrocious writers rather than mentally incapable.

Although none of them are quite as bad as Thomas Hardy.

Back
Top Bottom